• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Game, Episode 3 & 4 - Okay, I've warmed up and I'm enjoying the ride. It's cute and pretty hilarious. I think Kou trying to discipline the characters for showing up late for work, but ending up being a softie was what ultimately won me over.

Just T

Demi-chan: 13

What a surprise and good episode. Satou pretty much made the episode with her plans and fantasies haha. Would be cool if it gets a second season.

Also Chio-Chan trailer came out, was surprised to see it getting an anime but it's a wild and humorous manga. Still need a Kaguya-sama anime.

kewlmyc

DDr_FE71_VYAE-ry_E.jpg

Haikyu is getting a dub apparently.

"Sentai"

Oh look, I stopped caring.

Please let someone other than Sentai pick up A Silent Voice.

D3RANG3D

Demi-chan: 13

What a surprise and good episode. Satou pretty much made the episode with her plans and fantasies haha. Would be cool if it gets a second season.

Also Chio-Chan trailer came out, was surprised to see it getting an anime but it's a wild and humorous manga. Still need a Kaguya-sama anime.

That trailer is amazing lol.

Chio-Chan is just a great comedy manga that never fails to put a smile on my face when a new chapter comes out. The PV looks like they captured the spirit of the manga quite well.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Even if the source itself was mostly weak, there were still several high moments that are the highlights of the highlights of the route. ufotable mishandled most of those scenes and rarely hit any of those same highs, while exacerbating several of the existing lows in the rest of it.

What scenes were mishandled?

phaze

First ep and all that implies but still, Touken Ranbu sure looks nice, some of those backgrounds should be illegal in tv anime.

DDrl7qo_Ws_AALa_U.jpg

Now Toei can't legally tease a spin-off like that without actually delivering right?

Otherwise, according to Japanese law, I could fly to Japan and challenge Toei CEOs to a duel correct?

Jex

All this 'future-anime' sure looks more enticing than that rubbish 'present-anime' we have now.

What scenes were mishandled?
Personally, I felt that way about most of the Shirou scenes, especially those involving Archer and Gil. Monologues will hardly ever translate from VN to animated well, but I do think there is a better way of conveying it other than completely ignoring most of it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So next season...

Made in Abyss
Fate (maybe)
Ballroom (maybe)
Gal (maybe)
Shoukoku no Altair
Centaur's Worries

So much Fate these days, I love it. Fate GO on my phone has been fun, and I can't wait to watch Apocrypha.

So I barely made it on the wall of shame last season, there really wasn't much to watch, and what was there for me barely gauged any interesting extended conversations beyond the "yes this episode was cool" or "no this episode was whack". I'm hoping for the Summer season to somehow uplift my post count to a similar level to previous seasons. At any rate, starting today's impressions:

Tsuki ga Kirei - 12
Very good ending too a very low-key show. Things took long, but they built up to the finale. It's kind of a shame that we got tosee the ending through what looked like art stills as the epilogue, but nonetheless it worked. Really cute show from start to finish, would recommend.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Just checking in to say hello. Not a ton from this season interests me at first glance but thats okay because I recently got into my favorite anime in years, Final Fantasy 14. It's quite enjoyable

Jex

Which future anime are you referring to?

Just the general sense that the 'grass will be greener' in the future. In specific terms, we've got Yuasa's movies this year + his Devilman project, there's also Mary and the Witch's Flower.

Let's also not forget 2025 when we'll have Uru in Blue, Pluto and the 1st trailer for Evangelion 4.0.

Katsugeki Touken Ranbu - 01

Character design doesn't mesh well with the backgrounds and man, I just generally can't stand this aesthetic reminiscent of Fate UBW. Their combat animation does nothing for me. It's shiny on the surface but offers no substance.

Clov

Happy to hear that the Utena BDs will finally be out soon! I might even get the collector's set of that one, it sounds great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom