• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT PART 2| How many threads have you opened in your life?

Alright gang, time to decide
Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town
Chase
Good Days

Which is the best intro of the 3?

In my biased opinion, Great Daya>Chase>Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town.

Great Days just gives me good feelings and I don't think I even need mention the United version.

boo my blu-ray got pushed back to August

mines too, I'm really pissed off about it tbh. had the day planned out :( bought 2 six pks and was gonna buy a box of pizza and my bro and i were gonna go through it. if you got amazon prime make sure to contact customer service about extending your membership by a month for missing the date.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Always remember: No matter what, Pat is ALWAYS wrong.

Honestly? I like Chase the most. It fits the darker tone. Great Days is fun but got old fast for me. Crazy Noisy was retroactively ruined by the EDM remix.

I'm als not a fan of how the openings ditched the CG, End of the WORLD was goddamn amazing, the best anime opening imo
Still the worst jojo opening by far. It's not even good edm. It didn't ruin the regular version of CNBT for me, but still, it was awful.

cntr

Banned
I want Part 5 to have an instrumental opening, something jazz or metal like Bebop or Trigun.

That'd be benissimo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone get anything from Rightstuf saying their BD shipped yet? I'm starting to realize maybe I shouldn't have checked out as a guest because I don't seem to have any way of seeing the status of my order.

Grexeno

Anyone get anything from Rightstuf saying their BD shipped yet? I'm starting to realize maybe I shouldn't have checked out as a guest because I don't seem to have any way of seeing the status of my order.
I called up RightStuf and apparently my order is delayed due to them not receiving the shipment from the publisher.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, sounds like one of those "Oh, the release day is actually when the publisher sends US the package, you'll get it later" situations. Really hope the delay isn't long.

You can't even order the BD, they say they're out of stock.

D-Man

I got my Bluray delayed on Amazon. It now shows that it will arrive from August 8th to the 18th.

Kinda bummed out about this tbh.

StayDead

I like how nobody cares about me reading part 6, it's all Jaded all the time.

tumblr_n73cbvcZHf1s5f9ado1_500.gif

Nono, it's fine really :p

Orb

Wait there are those that don't worship at the altar of Hermes Castillo? I was actually going to do an avatar of her, but I just couldn't find nice enough artwork for her.

I see more love for Annasui honestly, but I might just be looking at the wrong places lol. Hermes is the GOAT

Wait there are those that don't worship at the altar of Hermes Castillo? I was actually going to do an avatar of her, but I just couldn't find nice enough artwork for her.

No, there aren't, and it's baffling as much as there have been people who seem to despise either Part 5 or 6 with there hardly being an in-between

I see more love for Annasui honestly, but I might just be looking at the wrong places lol. Hermes is the GOAT
Hermes is way better than fucking Annasui...everybody is...especially FF. Why that fool Annasui lived instead of her is a crime.
No, there aren't, and it's baffling as much as there have been people who seem to despise either Part 5 or 6 with there hardly being an in-between
So if I'm reading this right Hermes has like no fans? That's bullshit!!!! How do people not like Part 5 or 6? They Young Joseph stans? If so that demographic has shit taste.

Part 5 and 6 are probably the parts that were the least accessible in terms of translation.
Part 5 I could understand since it just now got a good translation. Part 6 though seems like a different story. Even the one I'm reading is iffy at times, but it seems fine enough.

Orb

I feel like the people who despise part 5 and 6 wanted the series to stay Giant Muscle Men and are spiteful. There's probably a lot of overlap with the hamon > stands purists too.

Imo part 6 has the most likable cast with everyone being pretty great(except annasui imo) Hermes and FF are amazing, Weather is a bro, Pucci is a fantastic villain, etc

Jolyne is also by far my favorite Jojo

I feel like the people who despise part 5 and 6 wanted the series to stay Giant Muscle Men and are spiteful. There's probably a lot of overlap with the hamon > stands purists too.

Imo part 6 has the most likable cast with everyone being pretty great(except annasui imo) Hermes and FF are amazing, Weather is a bro, Pucci is a fantastic villain, etc

Jolyne is also by far my favorite Jojo
If Annasui was an obsessed female stalker that would be interesting, but a thirsty ass dude? That's...just...no, nothing really original in my opinion. Hermes and FF are great though. Hermes, FF and Jolyne had a great dynamic that just ended up getting ruined cause Araki just had to fucking kill somebody. Pucci is great though, I had a feeling that when they did the first flashback to him and Dio and Pucci is bishie as fuck that he had potential. I also like his counting prime numbers quirk, "nothing splits a prime number." He's actually believably human, which Diavolo wasn't. I'm fine with Jojo regardless of what incarnation it's in so far. I liked the muscle men, but I also love hyper fabulousness overdrive and stands. Jojo wouldn't be as unique without the stand powers in my opinion cause I think Hamaon at some point would just get really one not...like Hokuto Shin Ken did.

There is a noticeable split between those who prefer Part 5 or 6, but this should finally cease in the next few years starting from around now

Orb

If Annasui was an obsessed female stalker that would be interesting, but a thirsty ass dude? That's...just...no, nothing really original in my opinion. Hermes and FF are great though. Hermes, FF and Jolyne had a great dynamic that just ended up getting ruined cause Araki just had to fucking kill somebody. Pucci is great though, I had a feeling that when they did the first flashback to him and Dio and Pucci is bishie as fuck that he had potential. I also like his counting prime numbers quirk, "nothing splits a prime number." He's actually believably human, which Diavolo wasn't. I'm fine with Jojo regardless of what incarnation it's in so far. I liked the muscle men, but I also love hyper fabulousness overdrive and stands. Jojo wouldn't be as unique without the stand powers in my opinion cause I think Hamaon at some point would just get really one not...like Hokuto Shin Ken did.
I agree with pretty much all of this, I still think Annasui dying earlier on as a sacrifice would've been more impactful.

I also love every Jojo part. Though, honestly, I was bored of Hamon by the midway point of Battle Tendency and it's still hard to go back. Pillar Men were rad enough to keep me going.

There is a noticeable split between those who prefer Part 5 or 6, but this should finally cease in the next few years starting from around now
They're both fun parts to be honest. I would think once they read the new translation for Vento they should be fine with it. I'm like a Jojo noob on here and I still managed to enjoy it...I need to read the epilogue still, but I enjoyed the journey a lot. The Gang Stars are pretty fucking fun, Giorno's the straight man in a group of crazy people. He's a different kind of Jojo, but at the same time...he ain't a Jojo, which is what I like about him. He's not as cocky as Dio is and he wouldn't work as a slap stick character, which is where Jolyne comes in. She can pull it all off and her crew helps with that as well. The only crazy person she hangs out with is Guess and watching Jolyne adapt to prison life is pretty interesting. I'm almost willing to bet some just don't like Part 6 because Jolyne's a female. She's honestly twice the character Joseph is with similar quirks.
Most people just like Annasui because he gets clowned on by the story.
"Where the fuck is Mickey?"
I agree with pretty much all of this, I still think Annasui dying earlier on as a sacrifice would've been more impactful.

I also love every Jojo part. Though, honestly, I was bored of Hamon by the midway point of Battle Tendency and it's still hard to go back. Pillar Men were rad enough to keep me going.
Only part I'm sort of weird with is SDC, but I don't really hate it, just the anime pacing. I'll always frown on Battle Tendency for building up Lisa Lisa and straight shafting her. I honestly think peak Jojo starts with Part 4, but I do love all of it for the most part.

Ezalc

I like Annasui just because of Diver Down, though I liked Diver Down's original power because, being intangible is something that a lot of stands can just...do.

I have to say though, annasui's psychoticness makes me laugh a bit.

Hermes is alright but for some reason I don't see good ways she uses kiss. Not that Diver Down is used any better mind you.

I like Annasui just because of Diver Down, though I liked Diver Down's original power because, being intangible is something that a lot of stands can just...do.

I have to say though, annasui's psychoticness makes me laugh a bit.

Hermes is alright but for some reason I don't see good ways she uses kiss. Not that Diver Down is used any better mind you.
Hermes used Kiss to kill Sports Max and toughed out getting her head ripped open. Give that woman some props.

Ezalc

Not saying she's bad or anything. Kiss' ability is just weird on a level that I don't remember seeing it used creatively.

Hermes herself is pretty gureito.

Not saying she's bad or anything. Kiss' ability is just weird on a level that I don't remember seeing it used creatively.

Hermes herself is pretty gureito.
Yeah I will admit it's a bit limited, it's no Stone Free that's for damn sure. At least it ain't fucking Weather's stand. Making it rain creatures and shit "so Imma just make dis cloud suit." I guess just the fact that Hermes is willing to throw down with such a limited stand makes her pretty damn ballsy.

I don't remember if Jaded is at or past Pucci's proper backstory by now.

It's pretty messed up. The only Jojo villain who has lived through a tragedy like that.

Orb

Only part I'm sort of weird with is SDC, but I don't really hate it, just the anime pacing. I'll always frown on Battle Tendency for building up Lisa Lisa and straight shafting her. I honestly think peak Jojo starts with Part 4, but I do love all of it for the most part.

I really like SDC(more than 1, 2, 5, and 8) But I do admit its the most.... shonen of them. 5 is a more creative approach to the travelling weirdos theme.

I just love Jotaro Power Hour

I don't remember if Jaded is at or past Pucci's proper backstory by now.

It's pretty messed up. The only Jojo villain who has lived through a tragedy like that.
No I'm not there yet. I'm literally done with Rods and had to stop.
I really like SDC(more than 1, 2, 5, and 8) But I do admit its the most.... shonen of them. 5 is a more creative approach to the travelling weirdos theme.

I just love Jotaro Power Hour
I'm not much of a Part 3 Jotaro fan. I think Vento has the better stand fights, cast of characters and personally Giorno and Jotaro are two different flavors of stoic, but I like Gold Experience more than Star Platinum so I just give it to Giorno, besides...Giorno wouldn't call his mother a bitch and he actually has every right to. Not to mention Giorno got a job at such an early age. Part 5 is an acquired taste, but it's certainly fun.

Jotaro calling Holly a 'bitch,' ...that's actually kind of an exaggerated translation I wish they redubbed over from the test dub

Orb

No I'm not there yet. I'm literally done with Rods and had to stop.

I'm not much of a Part 3 Jotaro fan. I think Vento has the better stand fights, cast of characters and personally Giorno and Jotaro are two different flavors of stoic, but I like Gold Experience more than Star Platinum so I just give it to Giorno, besides...Giorno wouldn't call his mother a bitch and he actually has every right to. Not to mention Giorno got a job at such an early age. Part 5 is an acquired taste, but it's certainly fun.

It's been so long that I forgot early Jotaro was a huge asshole to his mom :/

I want to like Gold Experience but I just can't.... deal with his bicycle helmet head.

It's been so long that I forgot early Jotaro was a huge asshole to his mom :/

I want to like Gold Experience but I just can't.... deal with his bicycle helmet head.
That's your biggest problem about Gold Experience? Seriously? And not it being broken as fuck? Maybe he gave life to a helmet and made it a part of him.

Orb

That's your biggest problem about Gold Experience? Seriously? And not it being broken as fuck? Maybe he gave life to a helmet and made it a part of him.

I'm very shallow lol, most of my favs are based on design over their power

For example: I love GER

Orb

GER is a little odd looking, but it's still cool looking. Gold Experience really likes posing with Giorno.

I have a soft spot for stands with pupils, and GER's big buggy eyes are endearing. The user/stand poses are one of my favorite things from Part 5+

I heard one of the DiU drama CDs uses that (unreleased?) accordion-BGM from Battle Tendency...which leads to me hoping they may be able to reuse more of those during Vento Aureo

cntr

Banned
I kind of want VA to replace the OST with something more jazz and/or metal, tbh. Get the guy from Blood Blockade Battlefront on board.

Top Bottom