• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

They trust Jon enough as both he and Sansa ousted The Boltons and didn't disinherit two houses he had every right to.

The dead will be seen soon enough as they already breached the wall, so news of that will be coming, as well as the nature of his relationship with Dany changing some things as well. Then there's his parentage coming into play...

It's not as simple as "Don't bend the knee to Dany" especially as Dany hasn't done shit to the North and Cersei is their common enemy. His pledging to her will be minor compared to everything else.

Surfinn

They haven't seen the army of the dead. The only reason Dany is taking this seriously is she has. Jon needs to hope these guys get some kind of confirmation it's real before he gets back or there might be trouble.

Jon sees the writing on the wall. Pretty soon you're not gunna need to deliver an undead corpse across worlds for proof.

They will fall in line, especially now that shit has hit the fan (they will know very soon for themselves).

And like I said, where else will they go, even if they're petty enough to leave Jon in the middle of the only war that matters?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
You know, I am kind of bummed we never really got to see Jon being King in the North. He gets crowned in one of the most badass scenes in the show and then next season he has a few scenes where everyone is bitching at him because they don't want him doing this or that and then he goes off to Dragonstone for the whole season. We got to see Sansa being Queen in the North more than we did Jon being king. Kinda makes the scene in season 6 be less badass when you know he doesn't actually rule.

nubbe

Jamie tells Qyburn he saved half a million people in king's landing
Tyrion says King's landing has about a million people living there

what

Einchy

Jamie tells Qyburn he saved half a million people in king's landing
Tyrion says King's landing has about a million people living there

what
Well, that was 15 years ago and a lot had changed since then. Lots of people probably went there to escape the war, too.

Nameless

Jon never wanted to be a king. He trusts in Danny as the north trusts in Jon. I think they'll come around eventually. Jon will still lead them.

Sure, but Ned never wanted to be Hand, and like his father(uncle), Jon(Aegon) has always been bound to his duty. He takes it seriously despite what he might want -- see Ygritte or see all the times he wanted to abandon The Wall as House Stark was being decimated. That's why his resolve during the first half of the season was so satisfying watch. The crazy thing is he showed Dany the Dead, he succeeded in convincing her to protect the North without having to bend knee... and then he goes and bends the knee. What!!? Dude you're the King in god damn North. Or was. Now he's the second straight 'King who lost the North'. Disappointing.

"Believes in her", pfft.

tumblr_n4ozj41z6m1tuwbfjo1_1280.jpg

Robb didn't fool Lord Walder and Jon(Aegon) can't fool me. Now depending how the whole incest thing lands, it might not even matter should they marry and share power equally, but still, I expect more out of my Messianic Dragon Kings.

Surfinn

Sure, but Ned never wanted to be Hand, and like his father(uncle), Jon(Aegon) has always been bound to his duty. He takes it seriously despite what he might want -- see Ygritte or see all the times he wanted to abandon The Wall as House Stark was being decimated. That's why his resolve during the first half of the season was so satisfying watch. The crazy thing is he showed Dany the Dead, he succeeded in convincing her to protect the North without having to bend knee... and then he goes and bends the knee. What!!? Dude you're the King in god damn North. Or was. Now he's the second straight 'King who lost the North'. Disappointing.

"Believes in her", pfft.

tumblr_n4ozj41z6m1tuwbfjo1_1280.jpg

Robb didn't fool Lord Walder and Jon(Aegon) can't fool me. Now depending how the whole incest thing lands, it might not even matter should they marry and share power equally, but still, I expect more out of my Messianic Dragon Kings.

I think the difference though is that Jon has been though vastly different experiences than Ned or really anybody else to came before him (at least for a LONG time).

Jon has had to make decisions that Ned would hardly be able to fathom. What would he have done when faced with the decision to either partner with the wildlings? Would he really have just gone down with the ship and died without bringing people together to simply survive?

Jon has had to make incredibly difficult decisions that lots of people simply don't have the balls to even CONSIDER. It would be interesting to see how Ned would have handled things.

But I LOVE Jon's decision to follow her. Remember what Danny said in the cave (one of my favorite scenes in the entire show)? Paraphrasing: "aren't their lives more valuable than your honor?" Jon realizes that the Danny is the force that will bring good to the rest of the world.. for the first time in god knows how long. He realizes that keeping his pride does NOT outweigh the potential good of following Danny. After seeing what she's capable of and what drives her motivations, he decided that he should follow her. He believes in her.

I think it's totally within Jon's character, and makes the most sense, moving forward into the Great War. Not the first time he's done things differently.. like joining with the wildlings or breaking his vows to be with Ygritte.

Remember what he said to Cercei. "I DO keep my word.. or at least I try to."

leng jai

Why did Catelyn kill the wife at end of the Red Wedding? Seemed super unnecessary.

Rob was dumb AF. Got himself into shit by being honourable and then got everyone killed by being the opposite.

I think the difference though is that Jon has been though vastly different experiences than Ned or really anybody else to came before him (at least for a LONG time).

Jon has had to make decisions that Ned would hardly be able to fathom. What would he have done when faced with the decision to either partner with the wildlings? Would he really have just gone down with the ship and died without bringing people together to simply survive?

Jon has had to make incredibly difficult decisions that lots of people simply don't have the balls to even CONSIDER. It would be interesting to see how Ned would have handled things.

But I LOVE Jon's decision to follow her. Remember what Danny said in the cave (one of my favorite scenes in the entire show)? Paraphrasing: "aren't their lives more valuable than your honor?" Jon realizes that the Danny is the force that will bring good to the rest of the world.. for the first time in god knows how long. He realizes that keeping his pride does NOT outweigh the potential good of following Danny. After seeing what she's capable of and what drives her motivations, he decided that he should follow her. He believes in her.

I think it's totally within Jon's character, and makes the most sense, moving forward into the Great War. Not the first time he's done things differently.. like joining with the wildlings or breaking his vows to be with Ygritte.

Ned's actions might be very different if he saw a wight and understood that White Walkers are real.

I also find it funny that the dude gave a nickname for the war BEFORE it even starts.. Who the fuck does that lol? Don't the war names generally come in the middle to after the war's ended?

Surfinn

Ned's actions might be very different if he saw a wight and understood that White Walkers are real.

I also find it funny that the dude gave a nickname for the war BEFORE it even starts.. Who the fuck does that lol? Don't the war names generally come in the middle to after the war's ended?
True, but he's Jon fucking Snow.

In all seriousness, he was trying to pitch a sale to Cersei, so it makes sense that he would have named it in an attempt to put pressure on her to join up.

Hydrus

Day 28 without GoT:

It's been officially 1 month since S7 ended :( Wasn't so bad I guess. 1 down, probably like 12 plus more to go. My episode 3 rewatch begins tonight. Tonights episode - Lord Snow.

Nameless

But he didn't do it for the lives of his people. He submitted after Dany was already committed to fighting the Night King. At that point she not only understood the full gravity of the threat, but wanted to avenge Viserion. Jon bending changed nothing. This wasn't a Torrhen Stark situation, they were basically allies and he shirked the crown in some nauseating gesture of faith and remorse and...you know. Screw that.

Honestly I'm now on the verge of actively rooting for Dany to die just so Jon is freed from this fuckery and can ascend to his Promised potential without needless distraction. We can find him a nice buxom Northern lass after the Great War is won.

Surfinn

But he didn't do it for the lives of his people. He submitted after Dany was already committed to fighting the Night King. At that point she not only understood the full gravity of the threat, but wanted to avenge Viserion. Jon bending changed nothing. This wasn't a Torrhen Stark situation, they were basically allies and he shirked the crown in some nauseating gesture of faith and remorse and...you know. Screw that.

Honestly I'm now on the verge of actively rooting for Dany to die just so Jon is freed from this fuckery and can ascend to his Promised potential without needless distraction. We can find him a nice buxom Northern lass after the Great War is won.

I don't get why it's such a big deal that he retain the title of king? Who cares? That doesn't make him any less important, moving forward. He and Danny want the same things (to make things better for everybody).

He wants her to be his queen in the same way those who Danny freed don't flee (ie Missandei).. they believe in her. Sure, Jon may not have made the decision from a completely logical perspective, but he did what he felt was right. And like he said, he knows his people will come to see her for what she is and what she stands for. The dead are pouring out and coming to kill everyone. When Jon's people realize this and understand who Danny is, I think they'll realize that she's the best chance they have at defeating the Night King.

Jon sees her as worthy of being his queen. I think that's pretty much all there is to it. Part of that worth is doing what's best for his people (ie keeping them ALIVE). He's taken back by her.

Couple that with the fact that Jon doesn't want to be king and will take any opportunity to get out of it, if it makes sense for him and for his people. The only reason he's even king in the first place is because he was chosen for the job. He doesn't even fucking LIKE being king.

Bending the knee to Danny doesn't lower his worth or importance. They both want the same things and are working together to achieve those goals.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
You're going to get banned next season when you forget what you saw and what you read, mix it up and post about it, lol.
Never, Azghulita the giant king was definitely mentioned in season 2, and if you can't see all the signs pointing to Dany fulfilling his prophecy then you must be blind.

I don't get why it's such a big deal that he retain the title of king? Who cares? That doesn't make him any less important, moving forward. He and Danny want the same things (to make things better for everybody).

He wants her to be his queen in the same way those who Danny freed don't flee (ie Missandei).. they believe in her. Sure, Jon may not have made the decision from a completely logical perspective, but he did what he felt was right. And like he said, he knows his people will come to see her for what she is and what she stands for. The dead are pouring out and coming to kill everyone. When Jon's people realize this and understand who Danny is, I think they'll realize that she's the best chance they have at defeating the Night King.

Jon sees her as worthy of being his queen. I think that's pretty much all there is to it. Part of that worth is doing what's best for his people (ie keeping them ALIVE). He's taken back by her.

Couple that with the fact that Jon doesn't want to be king and will take any opportunity to get out of it, if it makes sense for him and for his people. The only reason he's even king in the first place is because he was chosen for the job. He doesn't even fucking LIKE being king.

Bending the knee to Danny doesn't lower his worth or importance. They both want the same things and are working together to achieve those goals.
I'm a Jon fan, but no one is buying the bullshit narrative that he did what is right. If you mean he did what his dick thought it was right, then yeah.. you would have a point. I have no idea where you got the idea that Jon will take any opportunity to get out of being King. Completely made up with no evidence to support it.

Surfinn

I'm a Jon fan, but no one is buying the bullshit narrative that he did what is right. If you mean he did what his dick thought it was right, then yeah.. you would have a point. I have no idea where you got the idea that Jon will take any opportunity to get out of being King. Completely made up with no evidence to support it.

Alright first off.. simmer down dude, for real.

I meant any GOOD opportunity, why wouldn't he be all for it? Danny as queen is a great opportunity for him to get out of doing what he hates while providing the best outcome for his people. He says multiple times in the show that he doesn't enjoy being king and that he only does it because his people chose him.

There is literally no reason for him to declare himself king of anything when joining Danny is both more effective (rally around one person who wants to bring about good in the world). Which is why he ended up giving in and bending the knee. This was beat over the audiences head by Tyrion and Danny. They both urged him to join her so that there are no further complications.

LF also acknowledged the very real possibility of Jon/Danny happening. "an alliance makes sense".

He wants to remain king.. because he his people chose him and he initially feels like his people wouldn't follow a southern ruler.

Yes, obviously he's head over heels for her and there is an emotional consideration in bending the knee. But Jon also knows it makes sense and that they both believe in the same thing and want to accomplish the same goals.

Being together makes sense. When he pledged loyalty, it wasn't mid sex. It was after seeing Danny's bravery, combined with the power of her dragons/armies, and most importantly, what he sees in her (that she wants to bring good to the world).

That's the way I read what's happened so far. Sure, people might not like them being together and Jon bending the knee, but it makes sense on paper and for both of their characters. They have natural chemistry on screen and both believe in the same things.

Alright first off.. simmer down dude, for real.

I meant any GOOD opportunity, why wouldn't he be all for it? Danny as queen is a great opportunity for him to get out of doing what he hates while providing the best outcome for his people. He says multiple times in the show that he doesn't enjoy being king and that he only does it because his people chose him.

There is literally no reason for him to declare himself king of anything when joining Danny is both more effective (rally around one person who wants to bring about good in the world). Which is why he ended up giving in and bending the knee. This was beat over the audiences head by Tyrion and Danny. They both urged him to join her so that there are no further complications.

LF also acknowledged the very real possibility of Jon/Danny happening. "an alliance makes sense".

He wants to remain king.. because he his people chose him and he initially feels like his people wouldn't follow a southern ruler.

Yes, obviously he's head over heels for her and there is an emotional consideration in bending the knee. But Jon also knows it makes sense and that they both believe in the same thing and want to accomplish the same goals.

Being together makes sense. When he pledged loyalty, it wasn't mid sex. It was after seeing Danny's bravery, combined with the power of her dragons/armies, and most importantly, what he sees in her (that she wants to bring good to the world).

That's the way I read what's happened so far. Sure, people might not like them being together and Jon bending the knee, but it makes sense on paper and for both of their characters. They have natural chemistry on screen and both believe in the same things.
I definitely think Jon believes her to be good enough person to lead, otherwise he wouldn't bend. But it's hard to use his decision as pure objectivity when he is clearly into her. Yeah it wasn't mid sex, it was when he was holding her hand and eye fucking her instead.. which I guess makes his decision making impartial? :p I don't think it's a certainty that he would bend if he wasn't into her, it could go either way. I actually buy him bending for partly like/love, we've seen another brother make some decisions with his cock before. :S

There is nothing shown that he would look for a way to get out of it. Yeah he doesn't like it, but it's been hinted several times he doesn't enjoy anything. He just keeps doing it. The fire swordsmaster also said something along those lines in episode 6, that there's not much to live for either of them. As for them being together, it totally makes sense. Two good looking people into each other, one ruling the North and the other the Kingdom. A marriage to me would have made a lot more sense than him bending the knee to her, and I find it kinda hilarious that this hasn't come to either of their thoughts by now, but I also buy him bending from what we've seen (she lost a dragon saving him, he's also into her, shown to be good queen in his eyes).

My point is you wanting them to be together and shipping them and then rationalizing certain things. The idea that he is looking for an out to me for example, is just completely made up and nothing supports this. He's a sad grouchy bloke that doesn't enjoy anything because he got brought to life, doesn't mean he would let go of his rights. He hasn't shown that in any other manner despite being reluctant in everything he does since his resurrection.

I'm perfectly settled breh :\

leng jai

The Frey wife did nothing to stop what was happening.
She is guilty by association

Lmfao at the notion she could have realistically done anything. It's not even clear if she knew what was happening beforehand, she was scared AF hiding under the table.

Einchy

Miguel Sapochnik is back?
ggUGq3m.png

He has talked about wanting to come back and he has nothing upcoming on his wiki, so you'd think it would be a no brainer to get him.

Surfinn

I definitely think Jon believes her to be good enough person to lead, otherwise he wouldn't bend. But it's hard to use his decision as pure objectivity when he is clearly into her. Yeah it wasn't mid sex, it was when he was holding her hand and eye fucking her instead.. which I guess makes his decision making impartial? :p I don't think it's a certainty that he would bend if he wasn't into her, it could go either way. I actually buy him bending for partly like/love, we've seen another brother make some decisions with his cock before. :S

There is nothing shown that he would look for a way to get out of it. Yeah he doesn't like it, but it's been hinted several times he doesn't enjoy anything. He just keeps doing it. The fire swordsmaster also said something along those lines in episode 6, that there's not much to live for either of them. As for them being together, it totally makes sense. Two good looking people into each other, one ruling the North and the other the Kingdom. A marriage to me would have made a lot more sense than him bending the knee to her, and I find it kinda hilarious that this hasn't come to either of their thoughts by now, but I also buy him bending from what we've seen (she lost a dragon saving him, he's also into her, shown to be good queen in his eyes).

My point is you wanting them to be together and shipping them and then rationalizing certain things. The idea that he is looking for an out to me for example, is just completely made up and nothing supports this. He's a sad grouchy bloke that doesn't enjoy anything because he got brought to life, doesn't mean he would let go of his rights. He hasn't shown that in any other manner despite being reluctant in everything he does since his resurrection.

I'm perfectly settled breh :\

You're being disingenuous with the sexual stuff and creating a shallow narrative where there is none. If you think that scene was about "eye fucking", you didn't read it right. Clearly its purpose was to solidify the strong emotional connection they share. At least largely, that connection exists BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN. The bed scene is fantastic.

I wasn't trying to say that he's ACTIVELY looking for a way out of being king.. he's not. Just that it makes sense that when a great opportunity comes along for his people that removes him from a position he doesn't enjoy, he'd be all for it, cuz why would he want to continue to do something he doesn't like if he doesn't need to?

The bolded.. Jon doesn't enjoy.. ANYTHING? Hmm.. and you're saying MY perspective is made up and baseless..

Bizarre

Sorry, just my lame impression of a book reader making 'predictions' while using very specific names that are obviously from the books.

My bad, that went right over my head. lol.

Miguel Sapochnik is back?

They'd be crazy not to throw money at him, even if only for a couple episodes. Him and Neil Marshall are the only people I'd want handling the action sequences in the final season.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

Nameless, be reasonable here. Dany already as you said committed. Don't wish death on her because your boy started getting feelings. Plus if they marry (which will happen if he knocks her up), that guarantees him a starring role alongside her as King and Queen. No need for us to get panicky and started saying things like this. Calm down yeah?

You're being disingenuous with the sexual stuff and creating a shallow narrative where there is none. If you think that scene was about "eye fucking", you didn't read it right. Clearly its purpose was to solidify the strong emotional connection they share. At least largely, that connection exists BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN. The bed scene is fantastic.

I wasn't trying to say that he's ACTIVELY looking for a way out of being king.. he's not. Just that it makes sense that when a great opportunity comes along for his people that removes him from a position he doesn't enjoy, he'd be all for it, cuz why would he want to continue to do something he doesn't like if he doesn't need to?

The bolded.. Jon doesn't enjoy.. ANYTHING? Hmm.. and you're saying MY perspective is made up and baseless..

Bizarre

Ehh No lol? What is the Trump "no u" GoT variation that you're doing? I do think part of the reason is because Jon does believe in her, and thinks she could be a good Queen. On top of the sacrifice of losing her dragon to save him (and everyone else). I just see him being into her also playing a role into his decision. It's comical that you even deny that him being into her could somehow be out of the realm of possibility that it could enforce or push him towards a decision, you know.. like plenty of fucking examples in the show or the history books that GRIMM continuesly uses for inspiration. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regarding enjoyment, they've actively hinted to someone being more and more soulless in a way towards the show. He also responds after Dany tells him that he doesn't enjoy being ruling or killing. Reading that statement at face value is a bit much, you know what I mean by it. I thought the writers would have focused on it more, but they decide to hint at it once every 7-8 episodes and call it a day on the show. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Surfinn

Ehh No lol? What is the Trump "no u" GoT variation that you're doing? I do think part of the reason is because Jon does believe in her, and thinks she could be a good Queen. On top of the sacrifice of losing her dragon to save him (and everyone else). I just see him being into her also playing a role into his decision. It's comical that you even deny that him being into her could somehow be out of the realm of possibility that it could enforce or push him towards a decision, you know.. like plenty of fucking examples in the show or the history books that GRIMM continuesly uses for inspiration. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regarding enjoyment, they've actively hinted to someone being more and more soulless in a way towards the show. He also responds after Dany tells him that he doesn't enjoy being ruling or killing. Reading that statement at face value is a bit much, you know what I mean by it. I thought the writers would have focused on it more, but they decide to hint at it once every 7-8 episodes and call it a day on the show. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dude.. are you serious?

Surfinn said:

I already said in my previous posts, which you (supposedly) read, that his feelings for her definitely influenced his decision.. but that's not ALL it was. Why are you willfully ignoring what I'm saying?

Jon's a smart guy. He didn't just do this on a whim, he really believes in her and witnessed her power first hand (when she came to save them). He realized what an unstoppable force she could be, and coupled with what she STANDS for.. that's huge for him.

Trump.. what I don't even know what you're trying to say. What is this flailing

You keep bringing sexual drive into the conversation, in regard to their motivations, when it's irrelevant. The scenes they share before they actually DO have sex are exhibiting their feelings toward each other (based off of their mutual motivations).. not some lusty, short sighted desire. It's SPECIFICALLY FILMED this way.

What.. there's a difference between not enjoying SOME THINGS and not being able to enjoy ANYTHING.. nowhere have they hinted that he doesn't enjoy anything that he does. He enjoyed meeting/getting to know Danny. He enjoyed touching Drogon (another fantastic scene). He enjoyed having sex with Danny.

Yeah he doesn't like it, but it's been hinted several times he doesn't enjoy anything.

Nowhere in the show is there evidence that he can no longer experience enjoyment. This is completely bogus. Quite the contrary.

Arondight

At this point, the Northern Crown is absolutely worthless to Jon. Jon never wanted to be King but took it up because he realizes the massive threat up North and only one who realizes the dire situation first hand. His initial holdup is because he isn't sure what kind of person Daenery's is, but after she flew all the way north just to save Jon, there's no doubt in his mind that she's worthy of serving under. I wouldn't be surprised if Jon was already going to bend right after the Tormund conversation and Daenerys saving him, Daenerys committing her forces was the catalyst for Jon to do it in that moment. By bending the knee, it prevents potential future conflicts while also having their relationship build beyond just an alliance in that moment which is important as it actually alleviates him to a far greater status and power than being the King in the North even if he doesn't realize it. A person who directly commands say 5000 Northerners to having a massive influence over Daenery's who commands an army of 110000 and two dragons due to both being in love. The influence is even clearly noted by literally everyone in the very last meeting when Jon suggests a far more riskier plan and Daenery's goes along with it. It's the very thing that makes Tyrion look worried during the last scene. In a way it doesn't matter if he's in love because for the first time, it doesn't really conflict with duty at all. No vows or oaths were broken, no alliances were shattered.It's kind of a contrast to what happened with his parents.

Anyway, with 6 episodes left, there's probably one conversation I kind of want to watch that I hope isn't' left out which is with Jaime most likely being the only one left who personally knew the Mad King and Rhaegar, I really hoped there’s some solid conversations between him, Jon and Daenery’s especially since not much of the show discusses his massive regret over his failure to Rhaegar. Pretty much the final piece left of his arc.

I just randomly thought up unrelated was that Jon Arryn has got to be the worst hand to ever happen. Reading through the history and thinking back on it now, he failed to repair the Dornish alliance, basically didn’t at least punish Tywin’s bannerman which lead to Tywin literally being able to start rebellion across the riverlands without fear of punishment, failed to realize than his whole council was filled with backstabbers. Vary’s spying for foreign ally, Jaime and Cersei relationship, Petyr heavily implied to be money laundering, Pycell with the Lannisters , Kingsguard being a shell of what it used to be and basically surrounding himself with enemies. People kind of like to pin the wars on people like Littlefinger/Varys but honestly, Jon Arryn's incompetence would have eventually led to a war regardless. He literally failed at everything.

Dude.. are you serious?

I already said in my previous posts, which you (supposedly) read, that his feelings for her definitely influenced his decision.. but that's not ALL it was. Why are you willfully ignoring what I'm saying?

Jon's a smart guy. He didn't just do this on a whim, he really believes in her and witnessed her power first hand (when she came to save them). He realized what an unstoppable force she could be, and coupled with what she STANDS for.. that's huge for him.

Trump.. what I don't even know what you're trying to say. What is this flailing

You keep bringing sexual drive into the conversation, in regard to their motivations, when it's irrelevant. The scenes they share before they actually DO have sex are exhibiting their feelings toward each other (based off of their mutual motivations).. not some lusty, short sighted desire. It's SPECIFICALLY FILMED this way.

What.. there's a difference between not enjoying SOME THINGS and not being able to enjoy ANYTHING.. nowhere have they hinted that he doesn't enjoy anything that he does. He enjoyed meeting/getting to know Danny. He enjoyed touching Drogon (another fantastic scene). He enjoyed having sex with Danny.

Nowhere in the show is there evidence that he can no longer experience enjoyment. This is completely bogus. Quite the contrary.
I don't even know what we're arguing about. I agree that Jonny boy thinks she would be a good queen but he's also into her and it sealed his decision.

I agree that nothing seems like a hyperbolic statement, though I do feel Jonny is a bit of a hollow human being at this point. It has been hinted and will result into something ?! I imagine by the end of the series. I do find it weird that they didn't include a single conversation where Sansa asks how he is alive and how he feels, but what the fuck right :\

I just randomly thought up unrelated was that Jon Arryn has got to be the worst hand to ever happen. Reading through the history and thinking back on it now, he failed to repair the Dornish alliance, basically didn't at least punish Tywin's bannerman which lead to Tywin literally being able to start rebellion across the riverlands without fear of punishment, failed to realize than his whole council was filled with backstabbers. Vary's spying for foreign ally, Jaime and Cersei relationship, Petyr heavily implied to be money laundering, Pycell with the Lannisters , Kingsguard being a shell of what it used to be and basically surrounding himself with enemies. People kind of like to pin the wars on people like Littlefinger/Varys but honestly, Jon Arryn's incompetence would have eventually led to a war regardless. He literally failed at everything.
Must be Reek's true father.

Surfinn

I don't even know what we're arguing about. I agree that Jonny boy thinks she would be a good queen but he's also into her and it sealed his decision.

I agree that nothing seems like a hyperbolic statement, though I do feel Jonny is a bit of a hollow human being at this point. It has been hinted and will result into something ?! I imagine by the end of the series. I do find it weird that they didn't include a single conversation where Sansa asks how he is alive and how he feels, but what the fuck right :\

Right, him bending the knee is a combination of things, but mainly because of his feelings for her (which are directly tied into who she is and what she stands for).

Where has it been hinted at that he's any different because of the resurrection though? I think that would be a really dumb route to take; the important thing is that he was brought BACK. Making it anything more than that seems really pointless to me. The dude who was brought back like 6 or 7 times wasn't any different, mentally (if I remember correctly), he's just super fucked up with scars.

What's important to Jon's character is that he's in the fight and that he's got a secret. Those are the two big things moving forward. The technicalities of resurrection and the impact it may have on his character really weaken the story and need to be kept far, far away, IMO.

Why did Catelyn kill the wife at end of the Red Wedding? Seemed super unnecessary.

Rob was dumb AF. Got himself into shit by being honourable and then got everyone killed by being the opposite.

As I recall she took the girl prisoner to try and bargain with Frey, not realising that he didn't give a fuck about her? When they killed Robb her reaction was to kill the girl.

Top Bottom