• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 |OT2| It's Just A Change, Not An End

Dalek

QBIB48h.jpg

Joqu

Awesome! One thing that would be really helpful in the OP is a link to the post where discussion of a new episode roughly kicks off. I am three episodes behind, and love reading the gaf aftermath, but want to avoid spoilers

I wouldn't mind adding this, but I won't be able to work on it for a while. If someone else feels like compiling that I'll gladly quote it in the OP though.

See, I just went to the dentist and lemme tell you, I am in some serious pain right now. I'm reminded of the original season 2 finale script... I'm not sure how I feel about that.

call for help

You know, knowing that Coop was buried inside Dougie the whole time as an aware witness, desperately trying to influence Dougie's actions but having very little effect till the electrocution scene, makes all the Dougie scenes more interesting and tragic. It means that times when Dougie repeated the right phrase for the right moment, maybe that was Cooper breaking through?

Yup! Just look at the scene Dalek and I were just referencing ("Thank Dougie"), and that look of satisfaction on Dougie's face. It's Cooper, satisfied with a job well done, catching the bad guy and unraveling a criminal scheme. (This is what we do in the FBI!)

It's probably the most explicit in this subplot because it even begins with Cooper breaking through completely for a moment, his FBI intuition kicking in and accusing Anthony straight-up of lying about the insurance reports during the meeting.

It's fucking brilliant acting from Kyle MacLachlan, but I'm not saying anything here we haven't repeated a thousand times over at this point. Give this man all the awards.

New thread for the finale make sense to me. This is a new era. This thread is going to see lots of discussion of the series as a whole, vs the individual parts. So I think it's good.

A more general TP thread though would have been cool, with the book and the physical release of this series in the pipeline (at a minimum... please god let there be more than just one more book and a physical release of this series).

You know, knowing that Coop was buried inside Dougie the whole time as an aware witness, desperately trying to influence Dougie's actions but having very little effect till the electrocution scene, makes all the Dougie scenes more interesting and tragic. It means that times when Dougie repeated the right phrase for the right moment, maybe that was Cooper breaking through?

Looking forward to a season rewatch after this Sunday.

"He's lying," was 100% Cooper breaking through, and remember, not Dougie repeating something he'd heard.

Joqu

New thread for the finale make sense to me. This is a new era. This thread is going to see lots of discussion of the series as a whole, vs the individual parts. So I think it's good.

A more general TP thread though would have been cool, with the book and the physical release of this series in the pipeline (at a minimum... please god let there be more than just one more book and a physical release of this series).

I don't know how GAF mods would feel about this, but I wouldn't mind reworking the OP at some point so it can serve a general purpose, and request a title change. Though it'll probably be used for that anyway.

Or we can always make a new one. Would be a little sad for this poor thing though

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking

Looking forward to a season rewatch after this Sunday.

Late, but that's how I read it in retrospect as well. Cooper obviously recalls everything during his time as Dougie, and you see him break through at certain points with Kyle's change in expression (tears at Sonny-Jim, cherry pie and coffee scenes, piano note and Sunset Boulevard)

Not

Banned
I don't think Coop was conscious the whole time but not in control of his body. I think he just remembers everything that happened to him (Dougie), only now he can process it with his full brain.

Did you make a Tulpa of the first post from the last thread, OP?

How do we check how many posts we made in the last thead? Edit - nevermind, third place for me. Productivity has been through the floor since this show started.

I think that's the first time I've made a wall of shame. At least in OT. It's weird too because Dusk Golem and I seemingly post on different schedules, cause I don't often see his stuff in here.

-shadow-

In episode 7, the scene with Beverly and Ben Horne with the hum,
are they refering to the fact that Josie is still trapped within the walls
? Because if so, that's really sad that that's still the case.

I say you need to give Shadow and Sharon Van Etten's song some more listens.

Literally just started the pre-order soundtrack over and am on Shadow. But yeah the SVA is so incredible.

The music is almost a pastiche at this point but it really is such a remarkable part of the show.

Literally just started the pre-order soundtrack over and am on Shadow. But yeah the SVA is so incredible.

The music is almost a pastiche at this point but it really is such a remarkable part of the show.

I am very happy that we've got the two albums coming, and that they represent the bulk of the music as well as they do.

Linkin112

What is more likely in these final two episodes?

A) Chet Desmond disappearance explanation
or
B) Harry Truman appearance

Top Bottom