• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

cntr

Banned
giphy.gif

caliph95

I'm just waiting for Anne to leave the Stardust crusaders

She's the worst.

Of course she has a crush on Jotaro everybody does and people say Dio has charisma

Anne actually had potential.

The Orangutan episode was bad, but I liked her attitude and knife in her introduction.

She should have gotten an opportunity to stab some fools.

someone post a gif of her tossing her knife back and forth

cntr

Banned
She's basically someone the editors forced on Araki so they could appeal to the "kid" audience. She gets written out pretty fast.

In fact, the anime gives her way more focus than the manga ever did. And with Strength, um, too much focus.

cntr

Banned
I'm more worried if the season is just bad. Especially since I've heard pretty mixed reactions to the arcs it covers.

caliph95

I still read due to the art is great

But yeah the story is more boring with snippets of comedy especially when it start taking itself a bit more seriously

Turns out, when you make an anime by hiring some of the best freelancers in the industry, it makes the possibility of a S2 harder because they're all busy.

And yeah, the material was always going to be weaker if they were following the Murata version.

caliph95

Turns out, when you make an anime by hiring some of the best freelancers in the industry, it makes the possibility of a S2 harder because they're all busy.

And yeah, the material was always going to be weaker if they were following the Murata version.
Don't they follow the Murata version it feels like it was made for the anime

caliph95

Anne actually had potential.

The Orangutan episode was bad, but I liked her attitude and knife in her introduction.

She should have gotten an opportunity to stab some fools.

someone post a gif of her tossing her knife back and forth
I was laughing of 4 burly men with superpowers being afraid of a kid with a knife

I know why but the scene was hilarious

Xe4

Banned
Dissapointing about OPM. Madhouse is so good, but I'm not surprised they're not doing a second season of a manga that declined in quality, espcially since they're so hesitant to do second seasons in the first place.

cntr

Banned
That sounds fucking amazing.

Still need to watch Kyuranger and Zyuohger. And Gaim and Ex-Aid for that matter, pfft.

Too much stuff to watch, etc.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Dissapointing about OPM. Madhouse is so good, but I'm not surprised they're not doing a second season of a manga that declined in quality, espcially since they're so hesitant to do second seasons in the first place.

I dunno about a decline in quality, the Hero Hunter arc is pretty much the best part of the series.

cntr

Banned
...you know, I just realized that I'm more interested in watching tokusatsu than nearly all anime coming out today.

Hm.

Morlas

Mass effect has never particularly interested me, i mean you get to control what your character is like? well i mean it seems to me that your character is a goody-two-shoes, an asshole, or a wishy washy douchebag, although i admit i may be way off base

I did play the first three ME games. I just ended up boycotting EA around the time they pretty much fucked up the Dead Space, BurnOut and Command and Conquer IP's. After that I had pretty much just had it with them.

cntr

Banned
I liked that Persona 5 finally gave you shit for doing that.

Still, though, it seems like a waste to limit the romance to social links. Persona's gameplay would make it ridiculously easy to implement something more realistic like scheduling dates and having a proper romance, or whatever.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well I can't date aliens in Persona

Mob was better in everyway anyway except for fight scenes maybe

So who cares

The fight scenes are pretty well done all around in MP100 though they're more the special powers style fights instead of people just punching and kicking the shit out of one another. Though there is a lot of that as well in MP100 depending on the character.

caliph95

The fight scenes are pretty well done all around in MP100 though they're more the special powers style fights instead of people just punching and kicking the shit out of one another. Though there is a lot of that as well in MP100 depending on the character.
I like the spectacle but I started to find the fight scenes overrated in OPM since almost everybody powers is how strong they are

Exaggerating a lot but Mob was more interesting

cntr

Banned
OPM is a casual comedy webcomic making fun of shounen. Mob is ONE's proper serious story.

That's my impression of it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I like the spectacle but I started to find the fight scenes overrated in OPM since almost everybody powers is how strong they are

Exaggerating a lot but Mob was more interesting

That and the fights aren't quite so one sided even if Mob is stupidly over powered. Though he's not quite as bad as Saitama in turns of outclassing his opponents
this will be more apparent in the upcoming season
That and the characters themselves are often more integral to the fight scenes than their powers which makes for rather unconventional ends to a lot of battles.

Top Bottom