• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

She's attractive but she had actual fans? Dafuq...that fucking fanbase...

The only time I really liked Ino was
during the war arc since she was a big part of it and was actually not useless

It doesn't help I feel the only well-written female that came off well in Naruto was Part One Temari. Personal opinion though... Kishi just doesn't write females well.

It doesn't help I feel the only well-written female that came off well in Naruto was Part One Temari. Personal opinion though... Kishi just doesn't write females well.
Kishi can't write.

Ray Down

Banned

Problem with alot of shonen writers in general.

Chase17

Tsunada is solid in part 1 IIRC. Tried to pull a fast one on Orochimaru.

image.php

Mizerman

He seems really incapable of that.

So time to reveal I hate shite taste.

I don't think Okami is a particularly good game.

250px-OkamiNTSCcoverFinal.jpg

I remember thinking it's visuals were interesting, but wrapped in a kinda dull plot with boring combat.

Okami isn't great. It needs editing and it just doesn't quite fulfill that Zelda itch. It is charming though. When the main problem is that it isn't quite as good as another franchise and is waay too long you're doing pretty well.

I...kinda agree
haven't beaten this game yet so don't know for sure

Let me join in on the okami is over rated camp

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Okami's biggest problem is its too easy and its pacing. It really needed a hardcore difficulty mode because some of the bosses were so damn well designed but were pretty easy to defeat. Seriously the 9 tail fox with paint brush tails that had the ability to draw as well was a missed opportunity.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Nice new thread.

I liked Okami, it's a bit overly-long but I liked it .
Not my favorite Kamiya game though, that's W101

Seda

Okami is an okay game that never ends with a neat artstyle and an annoying bug character thing that doesnt shut up.

Seda

I think it's kinda funny that game websites like to say that Dragon Ball Fighter Z is a "stunningly accurate-looking tribute to the anime" and such when really the anime often never looks close to as good as the game does.

cntr

Banned
I think it's kinda funny that game websites like to say that Dragon Ball Fighter Z is a "stunningly accurate-looking tribute to the anime" and such when really the anime often never looks close to as good as the game does.

And the models are based on the manga and not the anime, so it's extra inaccurate.

Kishi can't write.

Pretty much.

Yeah, a majority definitely have that problem.

Tsunada is solid in part 1 IIRC. Tried to pull a fast one on Orochimaru.

Tsunade was good for her arc, but she didn't show much of anything after (mostly from becoming the Hokage). She has her moment during Pain Invasion in Part 2 and that's about it. So yeah, she was alright for her brief moment or two and that's it.

He seems really incapable of that.

Yep.

cntr

Banned
Kishimoto had a plan for Naruto, and then everything fell apart once he ran out of plans. Same goes for Kubo and Bleach.

Not coincidentally, the two editor suggested characters, Sakura and Sasuke, were also the weakest characters. Arguably, Sasuke even had his backstory lifted from Kurapika's.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The list of good Shonen writers could fill a page or two.
The list of bad Shonen writers could fill a tome.
Though the majority of those have series that barely last or are hidden away in the magazines nobody cares for.

cntr

Banned
The list of good Shonen writers could fill a page or two.
The list of bad Shonen writers could fill a tome.
Though the majority of those have series that barely last or are hidden away in the magazines nobody cares for.
To be fair, that's true of like, pretty much all fiction.

cntr

Banned
...man, Naruto's especially annoying, through. It has every piece necessary to be a fantastic story, but Kishimoto squandered all of it.

Morlas

The biggest problem with Sakura isn't her personality or the fact that she's mostly useless...it's the fact that she exists solely for the benefit of Naruto and Sasuke she has no motivation that doesn't directly or indirectly involve those two and at the start she's played like a catalyst for Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry...but only Naruto actually gives a crap about her so it doesn't work

The biggest problem with Sakura isn't her personality or the fact that she's mostly useless...it's the fact that she exists solely for the benefit of Naruto and Sasuke she has no motivation that doesn't directly or indirectly involve those two and at the start she's played like a catalyst for Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry...but only Naruto actually gives a crap about her so it doesn't work
Pretty much this hell looking back its kinda said that Ten Ten gets the short end of the straw when she had actually goals

cntr

Banned
Hinata and Tenten have fairly specific goals, while Temari gets fairly decent development in Part 1.

But for whatever reason, Ino and Sakura have neither.

Also a little off topic but is it weird that I kinda find the gender bend Morty a bit cute.
Er, not really, but kind of a weird thing to bring up out of nowhere?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I mean they both become decent medical ninja in a couple of years of hard training. Sakura's goal is half of Naruto's, but she kinda gives up on it because frankly she's just not important to the manga after the Chunin exam in part 1 and after the Sasori fight in part 2. Ino is even worse off because she's just Sakura's foil, though she does have a role to play in the Immortals arc.

Twenty is just not important in either part but she shines in filler and basically is the co-star of her own series. Temari is a big deal in three arcs spread over two parts. Tsunade gets very little but probably suffers the least because when she does show up she usually does something to advance her own standing. Anko has a great setup that they do literally nothing with. Kurenai has a story beat but she's also got a newborn to raise. Karin...might sadly be the most developed female character in all of part 2. Think about that for a moment.

Morlas

I mean they both become decent medical ninja in a couple of years of hard training. Sakura's goal is half of Naruto's, but she kinda gives up on it because frankly she's just not important to the manga after the Chunin exam in part 1 and after the Sasori fight in part 2. Ino is even worse off because she's just Sakura's foil, though she does have a role to play in the Immortals arc.

Twenty is just not important in either part but she shines in filler and basically is the co-star of her own series. Temari is a big deal in three arcs spread over two parts. Tsunade gets very little but probably suffers the least because when she does show up she usually does something to advance her own standing. Anko has a great setup that they do literally nothing with. Kurenai has a story beat but she's also got a newborn to raise. Karin...might sadly be the most developed female character in all of part 2. Think about that for a moment.

Hinata saves the world
by saving Naruto
three times!

cntr

Banned
Naruto makes a lot of weird character choices in general, tbh.

Remember how Yamato is a minor character, when his backstory should make him ridiculously important?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's roughly how many times Sakura actually saved him. I left Hinata out on purpose. We get most of her story. She does change a bit in both parts though is roughly who she was by the end of the Chunin exam. I'd like a bit more of her and Naruto after the events of Part 2 but whatever. She's fine. Could be better. That's kinda the highest bar of Kishi's depiction of female characters.

Not casting shade since I'm not big on the series either but it seems like everyone always goes back to "Naruto sucks" whale each week. I just keep getting Deja Vu everytime I lurk when I'm at work lol

I mean the voices aren't what I would pick, but at the same time they aren't poorly done either in the episode or two I watched.

I'm not a fan of the direction they went with Erina though. She's completely off.

Morlas

That's roughly how many times Sakura actually saved him. I left Hinata out on purpose. We get most of her story. She does change a bit in both parts though is roughly who she was by the end of the Chunin exam. I'd like a bit more of her and Naruto after the events of Part 2 but whatever. She's fine. Could be better. That's kinda the highest bar of Kishi's depiction of female characters.

That's one thing i like about her though her personality doesn't change much she just becomes a better version of herself.

maybe its for the better that kishimoto kept her saved for mostly big moments...though he could probably write some good dating comedy with those two

caliph95

That's one thing i like about her though her personality doesn't change much she just becomes a better version of herself.

maybe its for the better that kishimoto kept her saved for mostly big moments...though he could probably write some good dating comedy with those two
Can Kishimoto even write romance stories

cntr

Banned
Not casting shade since I'm not big on the series either but it seems like everyone always goes back to "Naruto sucks" whale each week. I just keep getting Deja Vu everytime I lurk when I'm at work lol
Naruto's special because you can give specific exact discussable reasons for why it sucks. Can't do that with, say, Bleach.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He's good at writing Naruto and Hinata scenes for laughs. They're all funny and almost all of the good ones are in the manga, though some of the non-canon™ ones aren't bad either. Now when the romance gets serious...pretty screwed there.

cntr

Banned
naruto spoilers I guess but who cares

The whole thing about Naruto ignoring Hinata's confession is still the dumbest shit ever. Especially when the excuses are "Naruto still cares about Sakura", "Naruto doesn't understand what love is", and straight-up ignoring it.

I mean, god damn, Naruto isn't that deep of a person. He's a goddamn pervy-ass idiot teenager. If a girl, Hinata or otherwise, confesses to him, he's not going to give a shit about his other crushes. A teenager like him would just go "hell yeah!" and do it.

It boggles the mind how dumb the romance writing is in Naruto.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Naruto was pretty busy during the time/got hit in the head a lot would have worked, but noo, he heard it all and believed it...to be something else.

cntr

Banned
And if Kishimoto really didn't want to do an on-going romance, just have Naruto and Hinata be like "we'll put it off for now since we're busy, okay?". He had the pairing planned since Part 1, after all, and that's infinitely less moronic than what happened.

But I guess we wouldn't get the "character drama" that way. Barf.

Top Bottom