• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

faridmon

Fuck this shit

I was right in not being convinced by Rooney and Klassen. Also, why the fuck is Williams being picked ahead of Holgate?

Not debating the decision but why does consequence matter at all for the punishment? If the head kick resulted in just a scratch would it be a "lesser" punishment?

There are a lot of normal plays that aren't even fouls that end up with bigger consequences than what happened today, should those be punished as well considering the consequence?

It reminds of the game between Hungary vs Portugal where the Hungary players were hunting legs for the entire match but the ref only punished a foul (with a red card) because the elbow opened a gash on Pepe eyebrow. The player deliberately elbowed Pepe but the ref went to look at Pepe's head and only after that he decided what was the punishment. This is baffling to me to be quite honest.
Yes if it was just a scratch it wouldn't have been a red card, a foul but not a red. Refs aren't going to tolerate violent behaviour, ref was close saw it was boot to head contact.

No one is saying an injury requires disciplinary action, first there has to be a foul.

I think it's natural for the referee to evaluate the consequence of the action before giving or not giving a card, refs might be more sensitive to head injuries (naturally).

If Mane had kept his boot down and let the keeper clear him out, even though they were both outside of the box, it probably wouldn't have been blown as a foul against the keeper either (assuming he also got the ball). They get away with too much.

If Mané got cleaned out it wouldn't have been a foul because Ederson got the ball first, if neither got the ball whoever came off better would be at fault. If Mané had got the ball then hit Ederson at worst it would have been a yellow. Mané was never going to get the ball due to Edersons position and thats with jumping to try get extra length. If he hits Ederson without studs showing and not in the head its a yellow, as it would have been no different than a defender coming in late such as Otamendi on Salah. Full pace, studs and late is often a red card offence.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Great half from us, I'm chuffed.

We've closed Bournemouth down class, they haven't had a single decent chance.

If Mané got cleaned out it wouldn't have been a foul because Ederson got the ball first, if neither got the ball whoever came off better would be at fault. If Mané had got the ball then hit Ederson at worst it would have been a yellow. Mané was never going to get the ball due to Edersons position and thats with jumping to try get extra length. If he hits Ederson without studs showing and not in the head its a yellow, as it would have been no different a defender coming in late such as Otamendi on Salah. Full pace, studs and late is often a red card offence.
This.

NHale

Way too early in the season for this kind of talk, after 10 games maybe but until then it's just game by game.

Even 10 games is early. City won the first 10 games last year and look where they ended up. To me the title race discussion only makes sense after the Christmas games.

Pretty sure theyve just gone to get a beer to avoid the que lol

Even at the start there were noticeably empty seats during throw ins, but yeah, I'm sure the empty seats are merely people getting in from the rain. It was just a humorous image.

I bet if Arsenal were losing everyone would still be in their seats eager to boo at the halftime whistle, though.

Yeah Everton desperately need Bolasie. The attack just can't create concerted pressure against top sides and they're confident we won't break them because of a lack of pace.

The defence isn't up to snuff when Williams is out of from and obviously we're a worse side without Coleman.

We're a safe bet for top 10 though lol.

I hope.

Lashley

Even at the start there were noticeably empty seats during throw ins, but yeah, I'm sure the empty seats are merely people getting in from the rain. It was just a humorous image.

I bet if Arsenal were losing everyone would still be in their seats eager to boo at the halftime whistle, though.

Doubt it

DBT85

I'd just like to say 2 things. That was a blatant red even though it was with no intent.

Secondly yodel are by far and away the shittest delivery company.

Lashley

Missed Kanes goal, any vids?

I'd just like to say 2 things. That was a blatant red even though it was with no intent.

Secondly yodel are by far and away the shittest delivery company.

I hear how shit Yodel are, yet never had problems with them tbf

Even 10 games is early. City won the first 10 games last year and look where they ended up. To me the title race discussion only makes sense after the Christmas games.

Six Prem games in is where you can usually get the first glimpse of who are the title candidates. If you look at the teams and not just the score you can usually see where they stand and you can also see how they deal with mid week games. End of December is where that usually gets tested.

Top Bottom