• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

Kyoufu

I wonder when Palace will get their first point of the season.

Would be funny if it was against Arsenal.

it'll be against Newcastle

not sure what to think of wed's game.. I want to be confident for Bayern, but ..

giphy.gif

Great ref, so even if it's a blatant foul unless you dive/roll and stay down it's not given.
And they wonder why players dive in the box....

Garjon

WBA here for the taking, they look so nervous every time they get the ball. I'm not really sure what their tactics are, here. Try to contain then push for an equaliser at the death?

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation...-future-italy-return-etc-crisis-crisis-oh-god

“I am happy about my experience at Chelsea and one day I’d like to be a sporting director as well.”

-Antonio Conte; source: CalcioMercato
Oh.

Here’s a slightly different translation from Goal, while you can also check out Di Marzio’s report, which leaves out any happy thoughts about Chelsea or England in general. Quality journalism there, to be sure.

“I have nostalgia for Italy. I did not have it in my head to stay abroad for so long. Once I have had some more nice experiences I will return to Italy, for sure. I don’t know when, but the goal is to do that. I have the will to finish a project, and then look for the right continuation of that.

“The English experience has greatly enriched me, and I’d like to carry on as manager in the future.”

-Antonio Conte; source: Goal

Zasa

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation...-future-italy-return-etc-crisis-crisis-oh-god

“I am happy about my experience at Chelsea and one day I’d like to be a sporting director as well.”

-Antonio Conte; source: CalcioMercato
Oh.

Here’s a slightly different translation from Goal, while you can also check out Di Marzio’s report, which leaves out any happy thoughts about Chelsea or England in general. Quality journalism there, to be sure.

“I have nostalgia for Italy. I did not have it in my head to stay abroad for so long. Once I have had some more nice experiences I will return to Italy, for sure. I don’t know when, but the goal is to do that. I have the will to finish a project, and then look for the right continuation of that.

“The English experience has greatly enriched me, and I’d like to carry on as manager in the future.”

-Antonio Conte; source: Goal
Ah, cheers, just saw the headline coming up & shared it. On Sky as well fwiw.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...elsea-boss-antonio-conte-keen-on-italy-return

"It is not in my mind to stay abroad for a long time. Italy is my country. I will return, I don't know when but that is the aim."

When asked further about his future and other countries that he may enjoy working in, including China and Germany, Conte said:

"China? No, absolutely not. Bundesliga? It's always difficult to predict the future. Let's just say that a coach is a temporary worker.

"It depends on the results, but there's desire on my part to try to do the best I can, finishing one project and then finding the right one to continue. I miss Italy, that's a fact.

"Still, this experience is helping me so much. I would also like to change role, maybe become a sporting director in the future."
Definitely nitpicked for the most part here

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Champions League is back today. Dortmund-Real should be nice. Also, let's see what how many goals will Liverpool concede today.

I thought he was already executed during the Oktoberfest.

Some fans need to relax lol... I think the biggest problem is he doesn't value Muller unfortunately, where his weird unorthodox style offers something special for Bayern. If he makes Coman the starting LW, Muller AM and figure out whether James or Robben is best for RW, he would be fine in my books despite the shitty start.

Coman looks to likely be the official LW starter and will start there tomorrow, that's why he didn't play last weekend. Thanks to Rib's hubris. He just needs to deliver at this point, a goal would do him wonders because he's actually a good finisher (if we base it off his first season). His play-making and final decision needs a lot of work.. but he's 21.

For Mueller unfortunately, he just doesn't seem to rate or know how to effectively use him. :S One thing Carlo's done very well is rotate this massive team between two games a week. His subs last game were trash, but I understand the complacency for that game.

Top Bottom