• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVII| I don't really care if /mu/ cry

Welcome to GAF-Hop. If you're here, you must really enjoy hip-hop music, enough to search out a hip-hop thread on a gaming forum. If you're looking for a great community of people who love music of all genres and fuckery of all types, you would have found one here. But we're all gone now.

Cheddahz said it best:
”Let's ask the question "What is GAF-Hop, really?" again. It's a community of hip-hop nuts that has somehow survived five years on a gaming forum and damn, we should be celebrating this achievement.....but all we'll do is bitch and moan about how Schoolboy Q is much more successful than your favorite underground rapper or we'll laugh our asses off at the every other day Danny Brown mental breakdown (in which he complains about not being successful or whatever) and shit, we'll discuss plans on how to "hack" Just Blaze's Motorola, just so we can get our hands on the long awaited Jay Electronica album and you know what? The diversity of topics and the numerous artists/albums that we are able to discuss on a daily basis is how GAF-Hop has survived for the last five years and personally speaking, I've only been a member of the community for a year now and I'm thankful that I have a community I give two shits about on this forum. Let's not fall apart like Maybach Music and let's make the next five years even better than last five years (and hell, we might actually be discussing Jay Electronica's album by then)"

I lurked GAF-Hop for years before I worked up the nerve to get an account. I was there during its heyday, but I joined a little bit too late to take part in those times. Even then, I still found a community of good people, willing to discuss, shit-talk, and generally talk about everything music related. I honestly thought I'd be one of those people sadly celebrating 10 years on GAF, but I suppose life has a way of subverting your expectations.

This is an elegy to GAF-Hop, a community of people that made a random dude's life a lit bit more worthwhile. This was Gaf-Hop. We may be gone, but hopefully we won't be forgotten.

Numb

RAKIM.jpg

Just another day

P.S we don't deserve NAV

Off break I like LE$ 'Midnight Club' to 'Summer Madness' it was more motivational, tranquil, and his voice blended better with the the production... and the production was better. 'Midnight Club' was my album of the summer, and it's hard to top a favorite. on that note...

...still playing 'Summer Madness'

He finds emo XXX to be deep and thoughtful
Did he say that? All I got from his cosign was that he liked what XXX was doing musically, and I can see why. X's emotional sad and depressed music is in the same vein as "u", but it's not a good look for Kenny.

In other things, check out a show called "The Mayor." It's executive produced by Daveed Diggs of "clipping." fame, and its about a rapper who becomes a mayor. Daveed cameos as a rapper named "Mac Etcetera", likely an homage to Mac Dre, but it's a nice little show with hip-hop elements. Pilot is available for free on ABC's (the American one) website.

Catvoca

Banned
Great OP! Shout out to Enzo for the title too.

I don't get the /mu thing

It came out of this exchange

Th anti-Fantano crowd tries way too hard to paint him as this bad man, even with his flaws.
go cry about it on /mu/, idgaf if it hurts you.
Catvoca said:
GAF-Hop |OTXVII| go cry about it on /mu/, idgaf if it hurts you.
GAF-Hop |OT17| I don't really care if /mu/ cry

Koozek

Great OT, torre :D Thank you! I'm glad you appreciate NAV too and don't just dismiss him as a meme.

We should have more Top 10's in the OT. Get on it, brehs.

Thanks, I wasn't aware L'Orange was releasing an album this year. Been slipping the past couple years, but got better this year. Still want to find more Reggae. Looking forward to Laila's Wisdom and Don't Ever Get It Twisted.

Koozek

Both have about the same amount of great songs. Addiction, Touch the Sky, Gold Digger, Heard Em Say, Diamonds From Sierra Lione, Drive Slow vs FML, Fade, Saint Pablo, Wolves, Real Friends, Ultralight Beams
Each of the LR songs you named is on its own better than all of the good tracks on TLOP together.

Catvoca

Banned
Both have about the same amount of great songs. Addiction, Touch the Sky, Gold Digger, Heard Em Say, Diamonds From Sierra Lione, Drive Slow vs FML, Fade, Saint Pablo, Wolves, Real Friends, Ultralight Beams

Your LR list is missing Roses, Gone, Hey Mama, We Major, We Can Make It Better (on the UK version) and My Way Home. I like TLOP but LR has more great songs.

Catvoca

Banned
Ultralight Beams is the song of 2016.

I'm tryna keep my faith.
But I'm looking for more.
Somewhere I can be safe

Chance's best ever verse

You can feel the lyrics, the spirit coming in Braille
Tubman of the underground, come and follow the trail
I made Sunday candy I'm never going to hell
I met Kanye West I'm never going to fail

tenor.gif