• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Writing-GAF: Writing, Publishing, Selling |OT|

zulux21

I haven't updated in a while, so why not.

After giving up on writing for the foreseeable future on oct 10th, I instead mostly gave up on playing video games and watching anime on my own time (I will still do those things with friends but any alone time I have is dedicated to writing and the things I need to get done that I was going to give up on writing to do)

I actually never even broke my streak, despite everything lol.
I have had a streak since sept 17th and aside from the week I took off due to ear injury before that have written every day since the start of sept.

for oct my word goal per day was moved up to 900 per day, and I am happy to say I have met that every day (even oct 10th... even though I was in no mood to write)

LHYWMTt.png

in fact my average is 1834.316 words per day on average right now as I am at almost 35k words in 19 days.

overall I feel this is some of the better writing I have done, with not only so many layers working nicely together, but the ideas just keep flowing.

granted right now I am a little stuck, working on connecting the early mystery elements to a big reveal. I do have ideas of how to get there, and once I get there pages of notes about what I want to do with the story.

Constantly I am coming up with ideas that are decent, and unhappy with just decent they keep running in my head until I come up with stuff I feel is good. It's a nice feeling. And the couple people I am running the ideas buy who usually have no problem telling me if my ideas are dumb, are constantly agreeing that the ideas I feel are good are in fact good.

being happy with myself right now aside... there are still some serious issues with the story so far, especially in regards to my main character and him talking way to much, but that isn't anything that I don't feel I can fix up in editing later. I am somewhat tempted to stall out on what I am working on right now, just because I know the later stuff I have planned should pour out of me with ease, as not only am I excited to write it, I have so many notes about how things should go. If I stalled I could count it for nano and perhaps finish nano in like 10 days if I did that lol. (not that I have officially decided I would do it again yet.)

Anyways I hope everyone else is having luck with their writing right now.

We are now nine novellas deep, which means we're now three collections deep as well. I just put the third collection up on Amazon today.

I'm 21K words into the 10th novella, which I'll publish by the end of the month. Getting so close to the end of this epic journey!

I know you all want to know the business end. I am rolling in the dough! Well, I mean if you consider the $4/month I'm making, and that I could technically turn those into 400 pennies and throw them on the ground and roll around on them...

Anyway, still having fun. I know how to get from where I am to the end.

I don't know what diabolical scheme H.Pro is considering for 2018, and I don't want to know. Not yet anyway. Gotta finish this first. ;-)

Soulfire

We are now nine novellas deep, which means we're now three collections deep as well. I just put the third collection up on Amazon today.

I'm 21K words into the 10th novella, which I'll publish by the end of the month. Getting so close to the end of this epic journey!

I know you all want to know the business end. I am rolling in the dough! Well, I mean if you consider the $4/month I'm making, and that I could technically turn those into 400 pennies and throw them on the ground and roll around on them...

Anyway, still having fun. I know how to get from where I am to the end.

I don't know what diabolical scheme H.Pro is considering for 2018, and I don't want to know. Not yet anyway. Gotta finish this first. ;-)

Something I'm trying to come to work on is writing what you like no matter how much money you're making. I've been writing what I think will sell and while I enjoy a lot of SciFi Romance, there are parts that I just don't care about. You've actually been inspiring me to write what I really want to with your updates. Maybe if I do NaNo this year I'll work on something just for me.
I have not been writing, well, I've been writing blog posts and articles. October is a busy month for us and I've been struggling with some depression so finding it hard to read or write. Going to try and use November as a jumping off point, we'll see what happens.

MilesTeg

Banned
I know this topics kind of dead but I created a Patreon where I posted some of a story I wrote. It’s kind of video game related. You can check it out at Patreon.com/cavesstories if you want.

I got another story that I like more than this one that I’m gonna post there also.

If you check it out let me know what you think

Top Bottom