• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

massoluk

Banned
Do these count?

:)

My Mickey Mouse Mech next to Doraemon Mech. edit: Probably not, but why not.
vMtv7Aw.jpg
iIMfVu6.jpg
jkJBncC.jpg

Minigo

figureGAF is plagged with lewd comments about satutues of questionable age and their butts, understand that many action figure collectors are weirded out by this behaviour and don't want to post there, heck the few that have dared get their posts instantly buried by moe gifs and nendo talk, the faster FigureGAF understand that's why this thread was created the better, please let us be and return to your anime girl figures and moe gifs thread, you shouldn't be affected by this thread.
Agreed, I collect action figures but FigureGAF was just too cringe-worthy for me to share my stuff there.
Glad this tread was created, subbed!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Guys/Girls, where are the collection pics!?!? Gotta start the thread off strong.

Here's all my Batman/Joker figures

Not pictured:

90's ToyBiz X-Men figures
90's ToyBiz Spider-Man figures
Real Ghostbusters figures
80's TMNT figures
2K3 TMNT figures
2012 TMNT figures
Every Matty Collector Ghostbusters figure
Hot Toys - First Avenger Captain America, Red Skull, Avengers Cap/Iron Man/Thor/Hulk/Black Widow/Hawkeye/Nick Fury/Loki, Dark Knight Tumbler

Figure Gaf is good as I do buy alot of Japanese stuff which is popular in there, but its nice to have a thread for discussion of this type of stuff so it doesn't get lost in the other thread.

Rootbeer

Banned
So shall I also add any statues you guys might like here or we're strictly articulated here?

Well I think we are still kinda feeling things out to see where each thread is going to ultimately end up but the true goal of this thread is articulated figures. If you toss in some statues here and there amongst some articulated figures I don't think anyone will shout you down, if they are in your collection for example

Guys/Girls, where are the collection pics!?!? Gotta start the thread off strong.

Not pictured:

80's TMNT figures
2K3 TMNT figures
2012 TMNT figures
Hot Toys - First Avenger Captain America, Red Skull, Avengers Cap/Iron Man/Thor/Hulk/Black Widow/Hawkeye/Nick Fury/Loki, Dark Knight Tumbler

I need to get cases like those. My older stuff is boxed and others are scattered in different areas with only a handful on shelves visible to me/guests. Showed my wife and she said IKEA. That so?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome collection Wingfan. Have you got the Capullo figures?
Yeah, I have the Batman figure, he's in the box still sitting on the top of the case in one of the pics. I don't buy the other characters, just Batman and Joker.

I need to get cases like those. My older stuff is boxed and others are scattered in different areas with only a handful on shelves visible to me/guests. Showed my wife and she said IKEA. That so?
Yep, those are all IKEA cases. I think they cost like 65 bucks each.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/

Wanderer5

Well here my collection of posable figures that are up and about. First off are my nintendo figures, two figmas and one nendoroid:

DSCN0477_zps341ba868.jpg

My other nendoroid, Kaga from KanColle, one of the billion figures that the series has.:p

DSCN0532_zpsed6e2694.jpg

And the jungle duo from the new bionicle series:

DSCN0538_zps7f3594ec.jpg

Looking forward to a couple figmas and nendoroids this year.

SmithnCo

I'm currently preparing my wallet for the Snake figma, with eyes of Pyramid Head too. Snake is a bit expensive but he looks worth it.

Figure Gaf is good as I do buy alot of Japanese stuff which is popular in there, but its nice to have a thread for discussion of this type of stuff so it doesn't get lost in the other thread.

Agreed. It's good to have a thread for articulated stuff since I'm not a huge fan of statues.

Well I think we are still kinda feeling things out to see where each thread is going to ultimately end up but the true goal of this thread is articulated figures. If you toss in some statues here and there amongst some articulated figures I don't think anyone will shout you down.
Okay for now I'll do a mix of both, need to hunt down a post I did which had a Rocket and Groot statue, and I believe 3A or 4A is making a MGS Rex and Ray from 4.

Not pictured:

80's TMNT figures
2K3 TMNT figures
2012 TMNT figures

holy hell thats an amazing collection, you need to get some clear risers in the shelves though so you can put the figures in the back higer up. Would look awesome

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
holy hell thats an amazing collection, you need to get some clear risers in the shelves though so you can put the figures in the back higer up. Would look awesome
Thanks! And yes, that is my next plan. I've been trying to find just the right ones that aren't crazy expensive.

I'm currently preparing my wallet for the Snake figma, with eyes of Pyramid Head too. Snake is a bit expensive but he looks worth it.

Agreed. It's good to have a thread for articulated stuff since I'm not a huge fan of statues.
I am getting that Snake too, it looks amazing, BTW Figma is also making a Gurlukovich Soldier to go along with that Snake, the Gurlukovich soldier is in its prototypes stage so it might be announced any moment now

SmithnCo

I am getting that Snake too, it looks amazing, BTW Figma is also making a Gurlukovich Soldier to go along with that Snake, the Gurlukovich soldier is in its prototypes stage so it might be announced any moment now

Yeah, the soldier + Snake will make for some good posing hijinks. Figma's planned releases has a lot of good stuff, hopefully there is a lot to see at Wonfes in about a week.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Would just like to re-iterate that this thread is NOT for statues, busts, or maquettes. Even if they're Marvel/DC or Movie based. Those should all be posted in Figure-GAF. This is for the articulated figures. I realize there will be cross over when people post their collections and what not, but try to not post individual statues in here.

Xis

Does this thread cover Transformers? I would personally consider them to be action figures, but I could see that others might not.

dankir

I heard that other thread was talking smack about hot toys. can't confirm.

Pls don't hurt me, I just want to see a civil war between figuregafs.

Yeah HT shit all over those Kotobukiya figures or whatever they called.

Drayco21

Most of my collection is at home, so I can't really do much for pictures, but I do have my most recent purchase here in the dorms- gotta commemorate the new thread with new purchases:

NECA's Hong Kong Battle Gipsy Danger

When "Gipsy Danger 2.0" was first announced, I was through the roof- Pacific Rim has quickly become one of my all-time favorite films, and I love every single mech design in it, so I knew I needed to collect them in figure form. Unfortunately, the early PacRim waves were crippled and came out half-baked, and Gipsy was one of the most disappointing purchases I've ever made. I couldn't wait to go out and buy yet another Gipsy, this time, her articulation actually works and is pretty good- nothing like the stuck wrist joints and hips restricted by the sculpting here, and while she's still not quite as dynamic as Cherno, she's leagues above the first two waves of figures. Most importantly to me, though, are the increased accessory count for the Hong Kong Battle release.

Know what's cooler than Boat Girls? Boat Swords. I never would have expected to get a version of Gipsy with the boat sword- I'm glad that they decided to budget out her Plasma Cannons instead of it, because it looks phenomenal. The whole figure looks fantastic in-person, and really puts the first figure to shame in pretty much every regard- sculpt, paint (and colors in-general), accessories, articulation... the new Gipsy just pops so much more on the shelf, and having the boat sword to club Decepticons and Kaiju with just makes it all the better. This'll probably be the last Gipsy Danger I buy, as much as I'd like to get the Plasma Cannons in a future revision, and it may well be the last NECA PacRim figure I buy before the sequel, but now that I have a high quality Gipsy Danger, I feel okay with not finishing out more of the set.

It's probably a good thing I can't justify buying that Otachi coming up, though...

NateDog

I've got Snake and Lucina Figmas on order. Tifa PAK arrived last week but I missed it due to customs charges so I had to let it go back to the post area until I have the money. I really need a display case though.

Oh and thank you for making this thread! When I first started posting on GAF I tried to get into the Figure community thread but all discussion about figures like this was destroyed by discussion about / images of anime or chibi statues and figures and whatnot. If people are into that then that's cool, not like I have an issue with it, but the thread doesn't seem to be open to much discussion of other types of figures much.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Does this thread cover Transformers? I would personally consider them to be action figures, but I could see that others might not.
Yeah, Transformers would be just fine here. I don't think there's already a TF thread, is there?

I passed as the price is like 2X normal Figma and I already have lots of Solid Snake figures.
Still have 3 of
mcfarlane_mgs2_metal_gear_solid_2_sons_of-liberty-solid-snake_action_figure4.jpg

also thought the Figma's head looked too small originally but now im regretting it and think I will try to get him.

dankir

check out this winter soldier hot toy my friend got

I have Winter Soldier and he's a great figure but shitty shitty poseability I had originally envisioned re-creating fight scenes from Winter Soldier ( still havne't got my Steve Rogers double pack set yet ) but his clothing really limits his range of motion.

Best thing you can do is give him plain poses like this.

Same group shot with different lighting I took recently.

There is a Gundam thread. Let me find it, brb.

Here.

The Gundam thread seems more oriented towards the glory(not even joking, I have a checking account just for them) of Ver. Ka. MG kits rather than the figures. GFF/RD/MSIA don't seem to get as much attention as the kits do. I could be wrong though. Correct me if I am.

Moving right along.. So any mention of ThreeAs latest sixth scale offerings?

The Gundam thread seems more oriented towards the glory(not even joking, I have a checking account just for them) of Ver. Ka. MG kits rather than the figures. GFF/RD/MSIA don't seem to get as much attention as the kits do. I could be wrong though. Correct me if I am.

Moving right along.. So any mention of ThreeAs latest sixth scale offerings?

I won't try to correct because I just glanced over there a couple of times, when I thought about getting one. But I think Gundams would be strange here, though.

Just IMO, of course.

Rootbeer

Banned
So um don't enlarge this pic because the dust is disgusting if you do.

I'm gonna do pics of my collection slowly since I need to dust/fix some issues.

hulk's hair is HUGE! :p

I'm trying to decide if I want to invest in any Hot Toys or not still. I have to start deciding soon because I feel like it's a good time to get into them right now, since AoU stuff is just now in pre-order, so if you start now you can collect the whole team as they are released.

Or if you are into SW, they are just now starting the SW Hot Toys too, another line that might be worth getting into

i'm confused though, the AoU iron man on pre-order is die cast. Is this the one to get or are there other versions in that scale coming soon after?

Top Bottom