• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

destrosposse1.jpg

destrosposse2.jpg

destrosposse3.jpg

destrosposse4.jpg

Someone with Sigma 6? OMG!

Fitts

The only ones I've purchased in my adult life are the Revoltech Anubis and Jehuty figures. Maybe not the best quality, but those designs are just too awesome to not own in physical form.

(not my pic)

Anth0ny

Since my images were immediately drowned out in FigureGAF (as most of my picture updates are), I finally scored a Banjo figure!

This is awesome. Banjo is one of my dream figures. Too bad there's only ONE in existence (DKR Banjo) and it's pretty rare and expensive >_<

I need a Spider-Man, Batman and Banjo and that's a wrap on this hobby for me. I have no more space in my room for these figures, unless they're something small like amiibo.

dankir

Reposting from the other thread. Here's some upcoming figures from Hot toys

Some shots of Thanos at Hot toys secret base store in HK.
10356225_843704819023640_7953700243109688120_n.jpg

1508503_843704825690306_5396916467922754435_n.jpg

Hot Toys Ripley Figure
10955760_780642985343570_4837107606617099345_n.jpg

10888568_780643015343567_3269675851420705068_n.jpg

16728_780643145343554_7070974989566189953_n.jpg

995606_780643348676867_7029215849500389426_n.jpg

NateDog

The only ones I've purchased in my adult life are the Revoltech Anubis and Jehuty figures. Maybe not the best quality, but those designs are just too awesome to not own in physical form.

I have wanted these for a while but I'm not sure if I'll ever end up getting them with so much out so soon. I just remembered too that I have Hot Toys' Raiden (Revengeance) on reserve at my local Forbidden Planet, no way I'll be able to pay for it when it comes though.

dankir

Some more pics from the Kingdom come exhibition.

10906230_1028273487190064_882281454080918681_n.jpg

10952058_1028274010523345_5493473632419913295_n.jpg

Prototype for Drax that still isn't confirmed.
10945626_1028274590523287_1140431436067588503_n.jpg

Bat signal from the Gordon and Jon Blake set
10562615_1028275273856552_5409858340523552184_o.jpg

10828160_1028275650523181_3125642028110983372_o.jpg

10960297_1028276900523056_6025951688627815976_o.jpg

10960331_1028277063856373_7111167579237472467_o.jpg

1528501_1028278280522918_40446818491238172_n.jpg

Drayco21

That DCC 3.75" line has been handled so poorly. If they had general retail releases and higher QC just a couple years ago, I'd be all over them. Look leagues better than those awful Infinite Heroes or Multiverse figures. Still gonna be hard to pass up New 52 Flash and the Rogues, if enough get made.

Someone with Sigma 6? OMG!

Someone with every Sigma 6 there is. Packaged, and unpackaged. Package variants. One of a kinds. Yep.

When I was a kid my dream was to own every G.I. Joe that existed. Needless to say, I couldn't afford it on a paper route.

When Sigma 6 came out...I gone dunnit!

Rootbeer

Banned
HT Groot is gonna be something special. Only two more payments left on the 2-pack for me.
How do those payment plans work? Do you have to pay it all before they ship? Do they schedule it to where all the payments are made before the release date?

I kinda want to pick up harry and ron and later hermione once she's announced

anyone have these?

these-16-scale-harry-potter-and-ron-weasley-figurines-by-star-ace-were-just-about-the-cutest-thing-we-saw-ron-came-with-a-pet-rat-and-ugly-christmas-sweater-while-harry-had-hedwig-and-a-quidditch-broom-by-his-side.jpg

Someone with every Sigma 6 there is. Packaged, and unpackaged. Package variants. One of a kinds. Yep.

When I was a kid my dream was to own every G.I. Joe that existed. Needless to say, I couldn't afford it on a paper route.

When Sigma 6 came out...I gone dunnit!

One of my favorite toy lines. Lt. Stone and the Cobra Firefly are still some of my favorite figures I own. 8" scaled figures deserve more love.

DSCF3036.jpg

Watched this bad boy transfer hands 3 times before it landed in mine. From a flea market somewhere in Asia, through 3 ebay auctions, then onto me from a fellow member at Joebattlelines.

jackdoe

Right now I currently have my DC Play Arts Kai Variants set up (sorry for the shitty shot):

lzbDnA4l.jpg

And a Jehuty Riobot:

bKRp8zRl.jpg

I have Superman, Zod, Captain America Golden Age, and Winter Soldier Hot Toys sitting in their boxes because I have no space for them at the moment. And I just pre-ordered the Iron Mark and Captain America Age of Ultron Hot Toys figures. I also have a pre-order for the Three A toys Master Chief. I'm absolutely addicted.

dankir

Are there any good Canadian stores?

For what exactly? Since the loony is crap against the USD now I try to stick with Canadian only seller to at least save on duties.

If you are looking for Hot Toys there's Starbase collectibles (facebook name is Mariusz Rittmeyer on facebook, he just started charging in USD though so you're paying a bit more, but his shipping is 19 dollars USD to anywhere in Canada and you don't pay duties.

I find most stores that sell Hot Toys are usually significantly more expensive but might have to look into them more now with the exchange rate.

I'm about to pick up Igor so trying to see where I can get him for the cheapest probably going to spend at least 600 bucks at the least :(

DSCF3036.jpg

Watched this bad boy transfer hands 3 times before it landed in mine. From a flea market somewhere in Asia, through 3 ebay auctions, then onto me from a fellow member at Joebattlelines.

I bought that guy strictly for Timber and have no shame about it. The snowboard was so stupid yet so great.

How do those payment plans work? Do you have to pay it all before they ship? Do they schedule it to where all the payments are made before the release date?
I kinda want to pick up harry and ron and later hermione once she's announced

anyone have these?

these-16-scale-harry-potter-and-ron-weasley-figurines-by-star-ace-were-just-about-the-cutest-thing-we-saw-ron-came-with-a-pet-rat-and-ugly-christmas-sweater-while-harry-had-hedwig-and-a-quidditch-broom-by-his-side.jpg

They schedule them this way

More info

They haven't put up a whole lot other than a few photos on Sheploo, but apparantly they're going with the default look.

Anyone have any experience with the quality of ThreeA licensed figures? I jumped on the Chief because I genuinely find the Halo 4 design to be an excellent one.

Typically no issues with quality on the figures. They struggle with facial likeness though, so getting two helmeted figures gets around the weakness of the brand for sure.

Typically no issues with quality on the figures. They struggle with facial likeness though, so getting two helmeted figures gets around the weakness of the brand for sure.

Well, on the bright side I have very tempered expectations for facial likeness on pretty much any figure that's not from the Movie Masterpiece line. Hot Toys set the bar too high lol.

I bought that guy strictly for Timber and have no shame about it. The snowboard was so stupid yet so great.

Ah yes. But that packaged one there, is a one of a kind. The figure was never released packaged like that. When it went to retail, SE had his balaclava on and timber wasn't in an action pose like so...

$_57.JPG

i'm confused though, the AoU iron man on pre-order is die cast. Is this the one to get or are there other versions in that scale coming soon after?

I'd be interested in hearing opinions on HT's diecast figures as well. I'm considering Iron Man MK3 but the official set of pictures shows a relatively limited range of movement, which I assume is representative and is seemingly less than the non-diecast versions. It's not a huge deal as long as I know beforehand.

Drayco21

Ah yes. But that packaged one there, is a one of a kind. The figure was never released packaged like that. When it went to retail, SE had his balaclava on and timber wasn't in an action pose like so...

The packaging variants/one of a kind packaging stuff is always a fun rabbit hole to fall down exploring. Reminds me of the Power of the Force era of Star Wars stuff: good times.

Rootbeer

Banned
While i'm still pondering over some Hot Toys orders, thought i'd share some other orders i made recently before pre-orders closed

Three S.H. Figuarts!

Vader
FIG-KAI-8655.jpg

Storm Trooper
FIG-KAI-8656.jpg

And AoU Iron Man
FIG-KAI-8658.jpg

My passions mostly lie in 1/12th scale and while SHF are a bit smaller they are close enough for my liking.

Marvel Legends and 6" Star Wars Black Series are where most of my figure funding has been going lately.

osLjTVm.jpg

While i'm still pondering over some Hot Toys orders, thought i'd share some other orders i made recently before pre-orders closed

Three S.H. Figuarts!

Vader
http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/main/151//FIG-KAI-8655.jpg[/IMG

Storm Trooper
[IMG]http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/main/151//FIG-KAI-8656.jpg[/IMG

And AoU Iron Man
[IMG]http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/main/151//FIG-KAI-8658.jpg[/IMG

My passions mostly lie in 1/12th scale and while SHF are a bit smaller they are close enough for my liking.[/QUOTE]
It's a shame both the S.H.F and Figma line up for the Avengers are both so expensive lol, but guessing it's due to licensing.

jackdoe

I'd be interested in hearing opinions on HT's diecast figures as well. I'm considering Iron Man MK3 but the official set of pictures shows a relatively limited range of movement, which I assume is representative and is seemingly less than the non-diecast versions. It's not a huge deal as long as I know beforehand.
I honestly don't see why what material the figure is made of would affect it's mobility for something like Iron Man. It's the figures with full cloth or rubber costumes that hinder joints that would make me worry. For example, I was extremely disappointed at Golden Age Captain America's range of movement for example. He can barely move his arms, and it really limits the poses that I can put him in.

I have the diecast Robocop and I have no issues with his range of movement. He's a little stiff out of the box but for general ability to put him in a good pose, he's fine.

Rootbeer

Banned
It's a shame both the S.H.F and Figma line up for the Avengers are both so expensive lol, but guessing it's due to licensing.

I decided to eat the higher costs for this order because i'm really curious what some articulated japanese star wars figures would be like compared to my black series.

As for the Iron Man, I already have the SHF Iron Man and War Machine they did a while back. They are some of the best done in that scale.

The packaging variants/one of a kind packaging stuff is always a fun rabbit hole to fall down exploring. Reminds me of the Power of the Force era of Star Wars stuff: good times.

Yeah it's the kind of stuff that's easy to become obsessed about. Some of the package variants I have no idea why I bothered buying. But they're there. That Snake Eyes however is a one of a kind. My best guess is that it was a mock up that was never used when the toy eventually went into manufacturing. It's the only thing in the line that's part of my collection that I can say is one of a kind.

3N16MA

Banned
That Penguin figure from NECA looks like a step up for them in terms of the head sculpt as faces is not exactly their strength. I wish their 1/4 Joker would have gotten the same treatment with actual fabric clothing.

Gartooth

Hot Toys figures look so cool, but I would probably be really selective with which ones I get. Some of the MCU characters look so much like the actors that it kind of creeps me out. lol

Since my images were immediately drowned out in FigureGAF (as most of my picture updates are), I finally scored a Banjo figure!

Wait this is rare!?

I loved that toy as a kid and it is still sitting in a box somewhere back at my parents house. It came with a go-kart and a missile thing you could fire from the front if you pressed the wheel. (that missile I had got totally destroyed by now :p)

Top Bottom