• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brownie Brown rename and restructure

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Brownie Brown was in Tokyo right? Probably part of the restructure is moving under the roof in Kyoto etc
Seems a lot more convenient to move them in with EAD Tokyo. Especially considering their last gig was assisting that very branch.

duckroll

All those games Brownie Brown had been independently developing lately.

Brownie Brown hasn't been of any use to Nintendo since Mother 3. The fact that they had to find outside work indicated that Nintendo had no interest in funding their independent ideas. That's why they're being turned into a studio assisting with Nintendo titles instead of developing their own.

Why would Nintendo have any interest in "replacing" that?

Brownie Brown hasn't been of any use to Nintendo since Mother 3. The fact that they had to find outside work indicated that Nintendo had no interest in funding their independent ideas. That's why they're being turned into a studio assisting with Nintendo titles instead of developing their own.

Why would Nintendo have any interest in "replacing" that?

I was being facetious.

This should be ND Cube, ND Cube's had an identity crisis all its life. In its current form it's the new Hudson, nothing like it was conceived as. A new name would've been appropriate.

I really liked BB, nice name and logo, will they even make their own games anymore? :(

Hope the founder leaving stays at Nintendo.

Is this true? I figured they were assisting third parties to help improve their relationships with Nintendo :eek:

Mael

Is this true? I figured they were assisting third parties to help improve their relationships with Nintendo :eek:

Their biggest projects lately were Fantasy Life, Layton and a game I can't remember, none of them where of any help in Nintendo improving relationships.
They could have done so with or without Nintendo.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I wonder what these guys think:

1up.com_01.png

PokéKong;47164806 said:
Are they still working with Level-5 on Fantasy Life or not since it went 3D?
They co-developed the polygonal 3DS conversion with h.a.n.d.. The sprite based DS version was all them though.

BowieZ

Banned
A replacement? For what?
I'm just responding to the hypothetical that 1-Up is to be now much more absorbed into internal support work (EAD?) or something as was suggested by the translation. It would be good if Nintendo could also afford to found extra second party studio(s) to complement (or should I say, add to) this ongoing internal refinement of resources.

He ends the tweet with 'Thanks Nintendo.' Sounds like he's leaving altogether.

Or he got an EAD job.

:p

Is that Fantasy Life game out yet? I really hope it comes Stateside, I'd buy a 3DS for that game @_@

It came out Dec 27th. I found the first hour mind-numbingly slow, but enjoyed it more after that, although the 1st hour put me off so much I haven't played much past that point.

TreIII

Guess I'll be one of those types. I actually like the new name better.

And hey, if this would at all imply that they're helping out with the next 3D Mario too, I could honestly couldn't be bothered to care what the hell they call themselves now.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Part of the 2013 master plan Iwata has in mind. Restructure for efficiency and expansion with internal divisions, and a sort of globalization of their external Nintendo companies. I imagine Brownie Brown's days of creating niche RPGs are over, in favor of more Nintendo branded games.

Part of the 2013 master plan Iwata has in mind. Restructure for efficiency and expansion with internal divisions, and a sort of globalization of their external Nintendo companies. I imagine Brownie Brown's days of creating niche RPGs are over, in favor of more Nintendo branded games.

Which explains the founder leaving.

Like I said, just migrate to Monolith, Alpha Dream, or even Grezzo, lots of places to go where you're still close to Nintendo.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Which explains the founder leaving.

Like I said, just migrate to Monolith, Alpha Dream, or even Grezzo, lots of places to go where you're still close to Nintendo.

Nintendo has a ton of office space now to fill in Kyoto. I think they once declared 800 developers in Kyoto, and their new building houses 1500+. Not too mention the two other buildings they have R&D facilities.

Nintendo has a ton of office space now to fill in Kyoto. I think they once declared 800 developers in Kyoto, and their new building houses 1500+. Not too mention the two other buildings they have R&D facilities.

It seems like you know things we don't, so I'd like to ask you. What about this thing Nintendo announced about helping japanese 3rd parties to bring their game overseas ? Is there anything planning (like a japanese game Nintendo will bring) or was it just something they want to do in the near future ?

massoluk

Banned
Hopefully they do a light hearted web show about upcoming games (may be with a catchy theme song) or may be a podcast about retro video games.

Top Bottom