• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pinball Arcade |OT| play them all from Soho to Brighton

microtubule

Just downloaded a ~250MB update on Steam:

Forum post here

Hurricane is released.
New update is released. Enjoy Hurricane.

Version 1.47.7
- Added Hurricane
- Art fixes on El Dorado and Fireball
- Added hum to EM table flippers.
- Fixed HUD on EM tables (Big Shot, Fireball and Central Park)

Vyse24

Well look what we have here, it's the latest newsletter
https://773839.content.nlgrid.com/w...YM1Z6WlhKZmFXUWlPakV5T0RjMU9ETXdPVGsyT0gwPQ==

U19pmPD.jpg

Rescue 911

Shaneus

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Have an opportunity to pick up a Police Force for $1000. The bottom display is out and the left flipper needs a rebuild. I may offer him $900 and see how things shake out. I'd love a Sys11 game.

Shaneus

Have an opportunity to pick up a Police Force for $1000. The bottom display is out and the left flipper needs a rebuild. I may offer him $900 and see how things shake out. I'd love a Sys11 game.
Not that I haven't been telling you to get a System 11 game since forever ;P

Supposed to play really well that game, but with some horrendous scoring imbalances... I think there's a swap score mystery award?

You can also buy a WPC flipper rebuild kit, drill a hole in a special spot and basically use them as snappier flippers rather than the relatively sloppy System 11 ones. I have the kit, but still waiting to put them in.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Not that I haven't been telling you to get a System 11 game since forever ;P

Supposed to play really well that game, but with some horrendous scoring imbalances... I think there's a swap score mystery award?

You can also buy a WPC flipper rebuild kit, drill a hole in a special spot and basically use them as snappier flippers rather than the relatively sloppy System 11 ones. I have the kit, but still waiting to put them in.

I know...I've been waiting for one to pop up. The Mousin Around I was gonna grab fell through. But if the guy responds on this, I could be set. And yeah, the middle ramp is easy mode score on the game, but I'll research options.

Do you have details on the WPC flipper thing?

Shaneus

I know...I've been waiting for one to pop up. The Mousin Around I was gonna grab fell through. But if the guy responds on this, I could be set. And yeah, the middle ramp is easy mode score on the game, but I'll research options.

Do you have details on the WPC flipper thing?
It's all written on Vid's guide to rebuilding flippers on Pinside. Like I said, I haven't done it yet... but looks quite easy provided you have the right tools.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Fingers crossed! Really like that era of game.

Yeah, those games are really fun. They become more fun as you learn pinball. The Embryon is a local friend's extra game. It would need to be shopped and lightly restored, but the price should heavily reflect that. He's holding a huge gathering in 2 weeks...He has 50+ games, including GOT LE, WOZ, and a Hobbit (on the way - said he should have it by the party, but we will see).

Shaneus

Yeah, those games are really fun. They become more fun as you learn pinball. The Embryon is a local friend's extra game. It would need to be shopped and lightly restored, but the price should heavily reflect that. He's holding a huge gathering in 2 weeks...He has 50+ games, including GOT LE, WOZ, and a Hobbit (on the way - said he should have it by the party, but we will see).
You motherfucker.

Also, I hate the prices you guys get. One of the guys on Pinball Podcast talked about selling his Breakshot in really good condition for $1700US. That's fucking bonkers, it would probably get at least $5-6k here.

Tetraeon

Big surprise, said no-one ever.

Not sure what I'm really waiting for now... most of the stuff I'd like to see is licensed. Baywatch, Shadow, Rollergames... I think the latter is probably my most wanted. And shouldn't be too hard to just flub the licenses on the playfield anyway.

What's the table here?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it!

So, just a quick trip report. I tried running TPA on my 4k TV. My GTX 970 runs the game in 4k 60fps no problem. I'm super stoked. I used to run the TPA in portrait mode on my 1050p monitor but I prefer 4k on my 50" TV. Very pleased with the results so far. Are there any recommended mods?

I'm at the Strong Museum of Play in Rochester NY for the 1st day of their new pinball exhibit. 20 cents per play! Played some Game of Thrones, Tron, and Addams Family.

Weevilone

I'm thinking about picking up some additional Pinball Arcade tables, trying to figure out what platform to use.

I've got a couple seasons spread across PS3/Vita; PS4; Steam; and iOS.. ugh.

Did they ever fix the sound on the PS4? That was pretty terrible when I tried to play there.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm thinking about picking up some additional Pinball Arcade tables, trying to figure out what platform to use.

I've got a couple seasons spread across PS3/Vita; PS4; Steam; and iOS.. ugh.

Did they ever fix the sound on the PS4? That was pretty terrible when I tried to play there.

Very interested in this too as I was just about to buy some more tables on PS4 after tooling around on my iPad a bit but totally forgot about how bad the music was.

Unrelatedly, I updated my Metallica code today and oh my does it make a difference. Hadn't updated in about nine months so had a backlog and everything is just so much more wide open now. I don't even know all they changed but getting into Crank It Up is pretty much automatic and overall even more fun than it was before. Been having so much fun with pinball the past month or so, and pretty much just waiting now until something really appealing comes out to serve as my second machine and I get can the game room done up properly.

Shaneus

Finally!
OHUc1fW.jpg

5rYnZXG.jpg

gpnYG2I.jpg

This is what a holy grail looks like :) Maybe not to Americans, but these things are literally impossible to find in Australia with only 450 made and not sold outside of the US. Will take a month or so to get to me (unless I wanted to pay twice the cost in shipping) so all up it will have set me back around $1400AU, which is $1000US.

FWIW, Before I won this auction it would've set me back around $2000AU to get one shipped here (and that's just landed in the north of the country, not even to my door).

Sigh, so relieved it's finally mine. Been two years, but I finally have me a unique machine. And now my collection has the big three designers covered: Steve Ritchie (High Speed), Lawlor (RBION) and now Trudeau (Night Moves).

Best pinball music ever.

Shaneus

It really is. It plays really well, which is more than I can say about some of the other cocktails I've seen. The shots are nice and while it feels different given the dimensions, it doesn't play badly or have bad feeling shots.

They're the same width as the backbox of my RBION (28") and about 20 inches shorter, to give you an idea on size. Playing it feels like you're giving the machine a big hug :) I love the feel of those Gottlieb-era flippers too, probably the closest I'll get to a mid-80s Bally (Fathom/Centaur) and a fraction of the price.

I wonder what they'll include in the launch sku for a new platform. Surely they can't just put season one on the disc when most of the tables in that trailer wouldn't be included? :D

Shaneus

Anyone have thoughts on GoT Pro vs Premium/LE?
Put about 10-15 games into the Premium, countless into the Pro (on earlier code), and IMO the Pro is by far the more fun game. Faster, better flow, you can track the ball around the whole playfield (upper playfield prevents that somewhat on the LE) and the play basically never stops.

Would probably be my go-to if I had to buy a NIB *right now*.

The Color DMD for Tron looks pretty nice. I'm not an expert on these things, but I know if I ever owned that table I would definitely get that installed.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The Color DMD for Tron looks pretty nice. I'm not an expert on these things, but I know if I ever owned that table I would definitely get that installed.

ColorDMD is great. They give you options too depending on your preference. I kind of like the more DMD-looking ones so that's the setting I pick. Gives the machine a lot of life.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Put about 10-15 games into the Premium, countless into the Pro (on earlier code), and IMO the Pro is by far the more fun game. Faster, better flow, you can track the ball around the whole playfield (upper playfield prevents that somewhat on the LE) and the play basically never stops.

Would probably be my go-to if I had to buy a NIB *right now*.

How would you judge the overall ball times on each?

Shaneus

How would you judge the overall ball times on each?
It's probably about the same. I wouldn't be a good judge though, I wasn't that great at all when I played either of them!

But I'd definitely say the Pro is far more "fun", and easier to know what to do. The LE felt a little more ambiguous in that regard.

Definitely hit up BobTheFork though, I know he's going to be living with a Pro very soon (if not already).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm in a position to buy either a POTC, GOT Pro, or GOT Premium. I don't know which way I want to go. Pirates is more friendly to my wife - the toys are cool (the sinking ship is awesome) and the game tends to be easier to play for casuals. GOT however, is much much deeper from a strategic standpoint and offers a more engrossing play experience. The Pro looks great and flows really well from what I've seen. The Premium looks gorgeous and adds the upper playfield. That sort of slows the game down from video I've watched, but that could be ideal for my wife. Also, from a home buyers perspective, it IS a really cool addition on the surface.

My only concern with GOT is if it will start to feel boring or same-y after a hundred or so plays. It's basically a "shoot loops" game. The modes offer a lot of strategic options, but will that be enough given the way the playfield is laid out? With something like POTC, you are more shooting various targets and zones around the playfield (Tortuga, the chest, Monkey, pops). So they offer very different experiences. I'm sure I'd enjoy either during that honeymoon period...But I'm looking at the time after.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Does anyone know when the reason of the latest Pinball Arcade season will hit on PS4? We still haven't had most of the tables.

shaowebb

Sup pinball folks. I know its a different beast than The Pinball Arcade but Humble Bundle had some Pinball FX2 stuff and since I had several things on the bundle already I'm just gonna post them here Including one which I believe nets you the game. Its all steam codes. First come, first serve. Just post when you've used a code and which one.

Enjoy!

Pinball FX2 - Base game and Civil War Table
582V3-KL6EC-WMT8D

Pinball FX2 Zen Studios F.C.
EZBZE-KYKMP-947L3

Pinball FX2 Guardians of the Galaxy
PXMY3-0F4X0-AJA4A

Pinball FX2 - Star Wars™ Pinball: Balance of the Force Pack
RJG3K-9HMPT-MB8GJ

Pinball FX2 The Walking Dead
5EQWN-78I08-QQQVZ

Shaneus

Sup pinball folks. I know its a different beast than The Pinball Arcade but Humble Bundle had some Pinball FX2 stuff and since I had several things on the bundle already I'm just gonna post them here Including one which I believe nets you the game. Its all steam codes. First come, first serve. Just post when you've used a code and which one.
Best posting those in a hidden tag, you often get drive-bys just taking (even lurkers that haven't logged in). But I'm sure some here appreciate your generosity nonetheless!

Ronabo

Enjoy!

Pinball FX2 - Base game and Civil War Table
582V3-KL6EC-WMT8D

Pinball FX2 Zen Studios F.C.
EZBZE-KYKMP-947L3

Pinball FX2 Guardians of the Galaxy
PXMY3-0F4X0-AJA4A

Pinball FX2 - Star Wars™ Pinball: Balance of the Force Pack
RJG3K-9HMPT-MB8GJ

Pinball FX2 The Walking Dead
5EQWN-78I08-QQQVZ

Thanks! I took all these!

Velinos

Got to try out the new Full Throttle that is on location in town last night. I was surprised with how much fun it was. I was a little concerned about the theme, but as I have learned the theme doesn't really matter when playing on location.

The LCD screens are a nice addition. This machine had the full LCD in the backbox as well as the LCD in the playfield, the latter I believe is standard. The animations are pretty good, but also simplistic. I think that is a good thing because it doesn't really distract you from focusing on the ball. The playfield LCD is a nice touch, though it takes some getting used to. It is in the middle of the playfield and on my first game I did not notice that it was there.

This machine is also very fast. I think that part of it is due to there not being any physical rollover switches; they are all induction switches under the playfield. This means that the ball will fly through the inlanes down to the flipper. Speaking of inlanes, the other neat thing I like about this machine is how there are three lanes to the left of the slingshot. The middle one drains and the left one generally rolls over the gap to the flipper. I have seen that layout on virtual tables, but never on an actual machine.

Overall I think Heighway did a great job with their first machine and I look forward to seeing what they do with Alien and future machines. Check out Full Throttle if you have the opportunity.

Shaneus

Ghostbusters Premium looks GORGEOUS.

https://images.pinside.com/2/9c/29c32d387654bebce5753f9688e9f338ecfec15c/resized/large/29c32d387654bebce5753f9688e9f338ecfec15c.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Everyone I know basically says it looks really good. I just don't see it though. The toys look really good but I just don't like the style of the artwork.

Maybe it's just the backglass/backbox artwork I don't like. I dig ECTO-1 on the premium/pro cabinets and looking at the playfield, I guess it's okay (little too busy for me) but I'm not wowing like everyone else.

I think it'll play great though. There's something I've always liked about Trudeau games (I'm even getting one myself!) and I know if it's anything like literally any of his other titles, it'll be a shitload of fun.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I dig the theme, layout, and most of the rest, but have a hard time paying full price for a non-LCD game when the next one will be LCD.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Everyone I know basically says it looks really good. I just don't see it though. The toys look really good but I just don't like the style of the artwork.

Maybe it's just the backglass/backbox artwork I don't like. I dig ECTO-1 on the premium/pro cabinets and looking at the playfield, I guess it's okay (little too busy for me) but I'm not wowing like everyone else.

I think it'll play great though. There's something I've always liked about Trudeau games (I'm even getting one myself!) and I know if it's anything like literally any of his other titles, it'll be a shitload of fun.

Really? I guess different strokes, because I think it looks incredible. The art is so rad. I don't see myself getting one, but it's a cool looking game for sure.

I dig the theme, layout, and most of the rest, but have a hard time paying full price for a non-LCD game when the next one will be LCD.

Eh, I wouldn't count on it. I HOPE the next title is LCD, but the way Stern is going...

Also, you have a GOT in your home, right? Thoughts on the Premium (if you've played one)?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Really? I guess different strokes, because I think it looks incredible. The art is so rad. I don't see myself getting one, but it's a cool looking game for sure.

Eh, I wouldn't count on it. I HOPE the next title is LCD, but the way Stern is going...

Also, you have a GOT in your home, right? Thoughts on the Premium (if you've played one)?

That's true. I guess they've only committed to "this year" for LCD.

No, just Metallica. Have played the Pro at work (going to the office that has one tomorrow actually!) but not the Premium.

Shaneus

Yup. I don't mind it all that much (I am slowly warming to it) but the art (at least on the backglass/backbox, and cab on Slimer LE) kinda reminds me of the extreme closeups in Ren and Stimpy, with those wrinkles and extraneous detail.

I mentioned this to a friend (who loves it all, btw) and he reminded me that I tweeted not long ago that I prefer the artwork of Breakshot to BBB. Maybe I'm just meant for more basic, clean artwork.

I don't think an LCD from Stern is going to be the be-all and end-all that everyone is hoping for. Honestly, I'm kind of just hoping they don't go that route and do something like Spooky's RGB DMD instead.

LCD won't make it play any different ;)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yep but it's not all about how it plays, to me at least. All about the total package. Play, theme, depth, aesthetics, etc. ColorDMD for example is pretty frivolous but it adds a ton to Metallica I think. Maybe I'm just superficial. :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just got back from a local pinball party. One of the guys has over 50 machines and opens his house up for play. Quick and dirty thoughts on the games I played (didn't include the games he had that I didn't get around to playing). Long post incoming!

• Embryon - WIDE game. Really love the spinner shot. He had his set up relatively shallow, so it wasn't overly difficult.
  • Spider-man Black - It's Spider-man. It's amazing. He had a bunch of cool mods, too. The building mod on the left covers too much of the wireform for me, though. You can't see the ball until it's about to drop and that makes things tough.
  • Family Guy - I enjoy this game. It feels sort of thrown together, and the Stewie Pinball gimmick is fun only the first few times. But that said, it's fun and worth playing if you see it in the wild.
  • Banzai Run - What a neat game. The vertical playfield is cool, but it's not fun. My wife made it all the way to the top, so that was cool.
  • Safe Cracker - It's very similar to the Pinball Arcade version. No surprise there!
  • Scared Stiff - This game is surprisingly just as easy in real life as it is on the virtual platform. I LOVE the leepers and dancing monsters and stuff. My wife really got a kick out of them all, too.
  • Monster Bash - A reminder that when people say a game is "easy", you shouldn't believe them. Unless you're a superstar player, even an "easy" game is going to crush you, ha. Fun game though. This is the second I've seen and played, and both games have been just a fun game to play.
  • Bram Stoker's Dracula - Fuck lightning flippers.
  • Adams Family - I've actually never played one of these. I was rockin it. Playing it on TPA helped me really understand how to approach the game and score relatively well on it.
  • Haunted House - Real talk: this game is rad.
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon - So playing this game in real life was a shock. The virtual table gives NO sense of how PACKED the overhead on this game is. There are so many ramps and twists and turns...It's awesome.
  • NBA Fastbreak - Surprisingly fun. If I were to build up a collection of 4-5 games, I would actually consider this simply because it's a fun game to play against friends (or your wife/gf/bf).
  • Joust - I didn't get any enjoyment out of this. The novelty did nothing for me sadly.
  • Cactus Canyon - Much more fun in real life than on Pinball Arcade. Was really surprised by this one. The moving train was my wife's favorite part. Not sure why this game didn't make it.
  • Diner - I still prefer this to Taxi. Moreso after playing the real thing.
  • Stargate - Yeah, I want one of these, haha. The game is FUN. Shots are unique, ramps and wires everywhere, multiball madness. Great fun. Would love to grab a nice one of these one day.
  • Wizard of Oz - Uh...So my wife wants one of these. Like, she said, "I miss having a pinball machine. This game is really pretty and has a lot to do. I want to own one of these after we pay off our credit card." Aaaaand done. This game really surprised me though; getting to play it with no pressure of people waiting for their turn of having to shove money into the slot made it crazy enjoyable. The only issue I had with it is that a lot of his light boards were out or not working right. That worries me a bit, but I'll make due, ha. I was going to get a Game of Thrones, but my wife wants a WOZ. So we're getting a WOZ.
  • TRON LE - Hey guess what? TRON LE is just a really sexy looking TRON Pro.
  • Revenge From Mars - Holy shit this was fun. I just couldn't stop smiling playing this game. My only beef is that the screen stuff was a BIT hard on the eyes and gave my head a bit of a spin. If someone ever took the time to refine this concept, I would be ALL over it.
  • White Water - Another game that the virtual version gives you NO sense of depth on. The wave ramp on the left side of the cabinet is SO cool to hit.
  • Cirqus Voltair - It's too bad J-Pop is a piece of shit. This game is SUPER cool and is incredibly gorgeous to look at.
  • Funhouse - So uh, Rudy's head is a lot bigger in real life than I thought.
  • Swords of Fury - Add this to the list of games I want to own if I can find one for a good price. I see why people like it. The upper playfield is neat, and shots are interesting and a bit bizarre, and when you get into the zone, it feels AWESOME.
  • Medieval Madness - Not the remake. Hitting the castle is just as fun in real life as it is on my phone!
  • Lord of the Rings LE - His game was in great shape, but his outlanes were wide open and the game wasn't leveled right. Made making progress REALLY hard.
  • Theater of Magic - His trunk wasn't registering hits, so it wasn't really playable or fun.
  • Tales of the Arabian Nights - Hitting that genie and lamp are a blast. The twisty ramp in the back right of the playfield feels SO good in real life.
  • Indian Jones - The Williams one. I'm still mixed on this one. I don't quite know why people go bananas over this game.
  • Twilight Zone - The game that showed me that once you know and understand pinball rules, each table becomes a world of it's own. Felt great playing the real thing.
  • Attack From Mars - I mean, it's Medieval Madness with martians. I would own this over MM. Great classic game.
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation - WOW that spinning wireform is awesome. Like, CRAZY awesome. And the game is massive. The shots are surprisingly easier on the real game because the table doesn't play as fast as the digital version.
  • Big Bang Bar - This was my most dividing game experience. On one hand, I'm so happy I got to play it. It actually plays fine and has some neat shots. However, the top middle of the playfield feels cramped and a bit clunky. I can't imagine paying the asking price for this game. LOVE the colors on it, though. Contrasts SO many games and stands out as a result. The dancing tube chick is kind of hilarious.
  • Transporter The Rescue - I've never heard of this game, so I had to play it. It wasn't terrible, but I wasn't itching to play it again. I may have liked it more if I had made some progress to the unique shots. I'm going to watch a vid of it to see what it SHOULD play like, ha.
  • Orbitor 1 - This game is sort of hot garbage.
==============

Games he had that I didn't play because of time/played it before/wasn't working:

• Space Station
  • Airborne
  • Flash Gordon
  • Batman Forever
  • Blackwater 100
  • Metallica LE
  • No Good Gofers
  • Black Hole
  • Space Station
  • Solar Fire
  • Corvette
  • Whirlwind
  • Atlantis
  • Black Knight
  • Black Knight 2000
  • The Shadow
===============================

I'm missing a few, but it's a CRAZY collection. I feel fortunate to have been able to play Big Bang Bar and Cactus Canyon tonight.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wow, that's an amazing collection. I get it though. Just in the past few years I've personally seen people grow from small to medium to large collections. If you've got the cash and the space, why not?

I'm tempted to go in on a Ghostbusters but probably won't just because:
-Early code. I assume all Stern early code kind of sucks? Seems to be the case.
-No Color DMD per above. Just crappy orange dots. :p
-It seems great, but maybe it'll suck. Guess we'll all know in a few months.
-LE (the one thing you'd definitely have to jump in on now) doesn't really have any cool features (I know it never really does) and the art is not clearly better.
-When I look closely at the art, it seems kind of crappy? Is it just me? Not terrible, but just kind of amateurish? Hm.

Basically trying to think of reasons not to get it because I'm super tempted since I love the theme and though adult in some ways it's way more kid-friendly than Metallica, and my older one is already somewhat into Ghostbusters.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Stern has been doing a lot better with code. Not perfect, but better. GOT shipped with a lot more code than anyone expected, and the hope is that the trend continues. The DMD is what it is - I'm happy that they aren't using it as an excuse to bump the price $500. I love CDMD, but it's in no way a needed upgrade.

As for getting an LE - good luck. Most distributors sold out day 1. But given that LE and Premium are the exact same game, you are better off getting a Premium (assuming you didn't want Hulk Green). And Jack Danger is doing a livestream from Stern on the 15th. You will be able to see how the Pro shoots on that date.

Regarding the art...You have seen ZombieYeti's art before, right? I would never call it amateurish, haha. Maybe not for you or not your thing, but it's pretty incredible given what it could have been (clip art assets via the asset pack). The artist who did the work is a superstar. It's more in line with the more recent cartoons and whatnot, so that may be what you're seeing.

If you're seriously considering getting a GB, I would definitely check in on the stream later this week. Looking at the layout, it looks like they started with TWD as a skeleton and fleshed that out. I will find and play one, but I agree that the way it shoots is still a HUGE question mark.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Stern has been doing a lot better with code. Not perfect, but better. GOT shipped with a lot more code than anyone expected, and the hope is that the trend continues. The DMD is what it is - I'm happy that they aren't using it as an excuse to bump the price $500. I love CDMD, but it's in no way a needed upgrade.

As for getting an LE - good luck. Most distributors sold out day 1. But given that LE and Premium are the exact same game, you are better off getting a Premium (assuming you didn't want Hulk Green). And Jack Danger is doing a livestream from Stern on the 15th. You will be able to see how the Pro shoots on that date.

Regarding the art...You have seen ZombieYeti's art before, right? I would never call it amateurish, haha. Maybe not for you or not your thing, but it's pretty incredible given what it could have been (clip art assets via the asset pack). The artist who did the work is a superstar. It's more in line with the more recent cartoons and whatnot, so that may be what you're seeing.

If you're seriously considering getting a GB, I would definitely check in on the stream later this week. Looking at the layout, it looks like they started with TWD as a skeleton and fleshed that out. I will find and play one, but I agree that the way it shoots is still a HUGE question mark.

Not super-familiar no. Probably just that it's not my style. I like Dirty Donnie, but this art almost feels like a too-detailed version of that kind of art. I'm sure it's a personal thing. Vs. using movie assets or crappy clipart though? No contest. The art isn't horrible, it's just not totally my style, but even decent original art is infinitely better than reused assets. Honestly I'd never buy a machine that didn't have original art.

Shaneus

Honestly, if I were to get a Ghostbusters, I'd go for the Premium with the ECTO-1 on the side, knock up a custom translite with just the GB logo on it (and "GHOSTBUSTERS" as a single word).

FWIW I believe Dwight Sullivan, who did the base code for GOT (some of the best launch code modern Stern's ever done) also did the code for GB. So I'd hazard a guess while it may not be as deep/expansive as GOT, it should be pretty solid and fleshed out.

As opposed to Kiss, of which a friend who owns is selling his LE due to frustrations with the code. Not good enough :/

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Honestly, if I were to get a Ghostbusters, I'd go for the Premium with the ECTO-1 on the side, knock up a custom translite with just the GB logo on it (and "GHOSTBUSTERS" as a single word).

FWIW I believe Dwight Sullivan, who did the base code for GOT (some of the best launch code modern Stern's ever done) also did the code for GB. So I'd hazard a guess while it may not be as deep/expansive as GOT, it should be pretty solid and fleshed out.

As opposed to Kiss, of which a friend who owns is selling his LE due to frustrations with the code. Not good enough :/

Yeah Kiss and WWE seem almost lost in the shuffle here. Honestly in most cases you're probably best off waiting for vault editions and picking up the classics then. I mean I can't say enough good things about my Metallica. For now I went ahead and rolled the dice on a GB LE in spite of my reservations. Got some good vibes from the playthrough as well, and the theme is just so amazing.

Shaneus

Yeah Kiss and WWE seem almost lost in the shuffle here. Honestly in most cases you're probably best off waiting for vault editions and picking up the classics then. I mean I can't say enough good things about my Metallica. For now I went ahead and rolled the dice on a GB LE in spite of my reservations. Got some good vibes from the playthrough as well, and the theme is just so amazing.
I still need to watch that. But yeah, WWE and Kiss (which is odd, given how big of a theme it apparently is) seem to have been shoved very much on the backburner. WWE comes as no surprise (it's Avengers 2, really) but surprised that one of their other massive titles is still quite lacking.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The Kiss fiasco is mind blowing. However, their is test code out there right now. Stern just needs to communicate better. WWE is just an all around bad layout. No amount of code can save that game.

Still trying to decide between WOZ and GOT Premium. Each one has something to offer that the other doesn't.

Also, I've been playing a lot more Zen Pinball on my phone. I don't know why, but I'm really loving it right now. It's great while sitting on the couch with my wife watching TV.

Top Bottom