• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Shake it

giphy.gif

Did anyone listen to the Up and Vanished podcast?

____

I called my mom this morning. She told me that she went to a concert last night. She told me to guess who. I said DMX. Why? Because I wanted to make sure my mom wasn't trying to be like Mama Feenix

Soo....How do you pronounce Plantain?

The Jamaican in me can't help but say PLAN-TIN. But all the Nigerian and Ghanaians I've been interacting with are trying to fight me by saying it's pronounced PLAN-TAIN.

So, I'm thinking about picking up a GPD Win like way in the future and would like an opinion on its performance, buttons, power, how good it emulates games....the works.

D i Z

Life on an Indian Reservation tonight on United Shades of America.

Should have never had that shit heel Spencer on last week.

Crocodile

Greetings! Man you guys are running through threads like a tissue box during allergy season huh? :p

QQ: Since last November, have you been forced/or made an effort to make sure content creators you follow or stumble upon aren't "Nazis"? Like I feel before I wouldn't have bothered to check (obviously if its actually clear they are a Nazi or shout it from the rooftops I wouldn't give them the time of day) but nowadays I go out of my way to make sure they aren't. Thankfully most aren't or are actively anti-Nazi. But sometimes you find someone's twitter account or something and you just sigh and frown :(

Anyway in non-depressing terms, here is some nice cosplay

and of course, Happy Mother's Day (to those in here who are moms) and hopefully y'all remembered to call your mothers or had good time with your family today if you aren't a mom :)

Also check out this "Get Out" related funny twitter story

Plan Tain.

I've heard it pronounced Plan-Tain all my life.

This is the correct pronunciation

Shy

OI.

I'm watching the second episode of The Handmaid Tales. And it's really fucking good.

You need to watch that shit fam.

Greetings! Man you guys are running through threads like a tissue box during allergy season huh? :p

QQ: Since last November, have you been forced/or made an effort to make sure content creators you follow or stumble upon aren't "Nazis"? Like I feel before I wouldn't have bothered to check (obviously if its actually clear they are a Nazi or shout it from the rooftops I wouldn't give them the time of day) but nowadays I go out of my way to make sure they aren't. Thankfully most aren't or are actively anti-Nazi. But sometimes you find someone's twitter account or something and you just sigh and frown :(

Anyway in non-depressing terms, here is some nice cosplay

and of course, Happy Mother's Day (to those in here who are moms) and hopefully y'all remembered to call your mothers or had good time with your family today if you aren't a mom :)

Also check out this "Get Out" related funny twitter story

This is the correct pronunciation

Sun Z gives me life.

hypernima

Banned
Soo....How do you pronounce Plantain?

The Jamaican in me can't help but say PLAN-TIN. But all the Nigerian and Ghanaians I've been interacting with are trying to fight me by saying it's pronounced PLAN-TAIN.

I remember when I had some Jamaicans telling me it was the former, we just had to agree to disagree.

I remember when I had some Jamaicans telling me it was the former, we just had to agree to disagree.

What's your background?

Honestly...Jamaican's should have ownership on the pronunciation. Everyone and they mama know that Jamaicans are the most skilled when it comes to Plantain (Plan-Tin) dishes.

Shy

Show is so tense

You like
jawalrus.png
when one of the women says fuck it but you also like
whoa.png
Yep yep.
White men on that show scary as fuck
So just like real life then.
That's a Hulu joint, innit? I wrote of their entire model a long time ago.
It is.
おはようNiggas.
Ohayou.
Got a headache like fuck out here.
That's sucks.

Fell better.
How ya'll doing?
I'm ok.

You ?

hypernima

Banned
What's your background?

Honestly...Jamaican's should have ownership on the pronunciation. Everyone and they mama know that Jamaicans are the most skilled when it comes to Plantain (Plan-Tin) dishes.

Naija, and man, you fixing to start an international feud lmao.
Maybe you can answer me this, why Jamaican food so much??? like 15 bucks for a plate of ox tails.

OI.

I'm watching the second episode of The Handmaid Tales. And it's really fucking good.

You need to watch that shit fam.

That's the next show on the menu. SO said she checked out 2 episodes because she thought I wouldn't want to watch it. Meanwhile she made me sit through Girls and (thankfully) Insecure.

That's a Hulu joint, innit? I wrote of their entire model a long time ago.

Yo, why am I paying for commercials?!

Sch1sm

What's your background?

There's no proof of this anywhere, and almost anyone who says that hasn't tried other variants. Bias on 100.

Sch1sm

uh oh ^^^

BCT food wars has a new field for battle.
Coach Pop went in on trump again.

I'm just saying that he needs to come correct with his argument. I'm not going to agree with anyone on x is the best unless they've tried it all, and have valid explanation.

The idea that one group does something better, and everyone and their mother believes so, is inherently false. It's made everywhere from Latin America, the West Indies, and the Caribbean, to East Africa. There isn't 100% agreement, lol.

As someone of that latter case (Kenya/Somalia), who lives in an area of Toronto that has plenty of Jamaican people and restos, I strongly disagree. 😒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom