• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krokodil, the new Russian street drug of choice, causes green skin, rotting flesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed1979

TL4E said:
Heroin is cheaper. Please give me a better way to ease the misery of addiction that doesn't involve heroin or going cold turkey, particularly when strapped for cash (which is the situation when people most often resort to heroin).

Not everyone has your apparent heroic willpower while under the grasp of an opioid addiction.

Don't know much about it but don't methadone clinics try to do just that?

EDIT: Guess that doesn't help the Russians though.

Wiki said:
In Russia, methadone treatment is illegal. Health officials there are not convinced of the treatment's efficacy. Instead, doctors encourage immediate abstinence from drug use, rather than the gradual process that methadone substitution therapy entails. Patients are often given sedatives and painkillers to cope with withdrawal symptoms.

Foxix Von

Oh god :(

This thread was made slightly more bearable by the fact that as I clicked this thread Skrillex's reptile remix started playing.

RobbieNick

What....The.....Fuck?!

I mean, who fucking starts off with this?!! "Hey kid!" Wanna get high? There's this awesome new drug made from gasoline and paint thinner that you'll die from in 2-3 years and your skin will turn green and rot off......but you'll get really high!"

Why are the young so fucking stupid?

TL4E

Fixed1979 said:
Don't know much about it but don't methadone clinics try to do just that?

EDIT: Guess that doesn't help the Russians though.
Well, even if you were in the USA, many can't get to methadone clinics because they don't have the money for it (which was one of my original requirements - that you're strapped for cash)

Some can get in for free, but many can't.

RobbieNick said:
What....The.....Fuck?!

I mean, who fucking starts off with this?!! "Hey kid!" Wanna get high? There's this awesome new drug made from gasoline and paint thinner that you'll die from in 2-3 years and your skin will turn green and rot off......but you'll get really high!"

Why are the young so fucking stupid?

The drug is used almost exclusively by people with a pre-existing opiate addiction who can't afford better opioids like heroin. I highly doubt any opiate-naive people try krokodil for the kicks.

What has to be your fucking mental state to pit that shit together--knowing what it is--and willingly agree to inject it into your body for the first time?

Again, I do not understand hard drugs.

Fixed1979

TL4E said:
Well, even if you were in the USA, many can't get to methadone clinics because they don't have the money for it (which was one of my original requirements - that you're strapped for cash)

Some can get in for free, but many can't.

You were basing this off someone who got addicted through prescription drugs which would lead me to assume that they had some sort of health coverage. Going through Wiki it's stating that some US clinics are covered by insurance and medicaid.

I just think there's always a better option, although perhaps not an easier one. Maybe there should be more patient support for people who are supplied highly addictive prescriptions. Anyhoo way off topic.

Lesson learned, don't do drugs named after reptiles.

Jay Sosa

That has to be the most awesome name for a drug ever.

Whole story sounds fishy as fuck..there are sooo many ways to get high as a kite without your skin starting to rot..

Stet

Banned
Fixed1979 said:
Lesson learned, don't do drugs named after reptiles.
Yeah, pretty much this. The drug is named after the worst possible side-effects and people still use it. That's like calling cocaine "nose-bleed" or "heart-attack".

TL4E said:
Heroin is cheaper. Please give me a better way to ease the misery of addiction that doesn't involve heroin or going cold turkey, particularly when strapped for cash (which is the situation when people most often resort to heroin).

Not everyone has your apparent heroic willpower while under the grasp of an opioid addiction.

Then wouldn't the boldened mean that they are not the fittest? those who are fit enough(enough willpower not to fuel their addiction or even start one) will survive, even if they might be pushed to addiction, what happens to them is ultimately their choice. it sounds pretty barbaric, but it is survival of the fittest in that sense, whether it is politically correct or not. I personally do not like survival of the fittest, but it does exist in some situations.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
ive seen this type of rot, but usually on corpses. to see this on the living is disturbing. and fuck gangrene.

Parallax said:
ive seen this type of rot, but usually on corpses. to see this on the living is disturbing. and fuck gangrene.

My uncle is a doctor and when he was in Africa he saw a couple of cases and described it to us. You know my imagination only stretches so far but this I don't even know. Tbh it's reassuring that my mind isn't so twisted to imagine something so horrific.

BravesCountry said:
I personally do not like survival of the fittest, but it does exist in some situations.
There is no survival of the fittest for jumping out of a 30-story building.
neither is there for severe drug addictions.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Flim Flam said:
I apologize for this ahead of time, but its so horrific that I just had to post.

Please dont lick if you dont want to see a man's leg flesh rot off from his calf to his ankle!

Sawing patient's gangrene leg off
I don't consider myself one who is sensitive and has a weak heart but.. I know when not to click something. This is the first time I've had self-restraint of this sort on the internet. I'm desensitized enough, thanks.

This is all so fucked up.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
scar tissue said:
There is no survival of the fittest for jumping out of a 30-story building.
neither is there for severe drug addictions.
No way man. Those sad sacks that kill themselves are just weaker than me like the drug addicts are! I'm sooo strong

:flex:

Fugu

BravesCountry said:
Then wouldn't the boldened mean that they are not the fittest? those who are fit enough(enough willpower not to fuel their addiction or even start one) will survive, even if they might be pushed to addiction, what happens to them is ultimately their choice. it sounds pretty barbaric, but it is survival of the fittest in that sense, whether it is politically correct or not. I personally do not like survival of the fittest, but it does exist in some situations.
Only when given an identical set of circumstances can it be determined who is the fittest. Am I more fit than all of the people in poorer countries that have died before my age simply because I won the life lottery? No.

Yaska

Really wish I hadn't clicked at the imagelink. Just unbelievable how people can inject this stuff into them.

suzu

What the fuck?! It is literally rotting off! How can you even keep yourself going when your flesh is falling off in chunks?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Megalodactyl said:
This is by far the craziest shit I have seen on the internet. I just hope that this stuff never makes it to San Francisco...
It won't. Heroin is cheap and plentiful in America and codeine isn't in our OTC medications.

Fugu said:
Only when given an identical set of circumstances can it be determined who is the fittest. Am I more fit than all of the people in poorer countries that have died before my age simply because I won the life lottery? No.

I am not talking about different socioeconomic status, I am simply talking about the matter at hand. If two people are given perscription opiates for the same reason and one becomes addicted while the other does not, is the one who does not become addicted not more fit to survive? So in this case survival of the fittest does apply. Earlier it was refuted that just because these people were addicted to drugs did not mean it had to do with the concept of survival of the fittest, but I believe it can be.

God...that video...and people use this stuff with THAT being the end game?!?!?? FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU....I won't be eating for a little while...

Goldrusher

Souldriver said:
Holy shit at the content!

It's like they were purposefully trying to find all possible toxins available in everyday life, and mix them together.
Not so different from cocaine's main ingredients:

- coca leaves
- cement
- gasoline
- battery acid

Fugu

BravesCountry said:
I am not talking about different socioeconomic status, I am simply talking about the matter at hand. If two people are given perscription opiates for the same reason and one becomes addicted while the other does not, is the one who does not become addicted not more fit to survive? So in this case survival of the fittest does apply. Earlier it was refuted that just because these people were addicted to drugs did not mean it had to do with the concept of survival of the fittest, but I believe it can be.
But that trims the definition of "fitness" down to "will not become addicted to opiates given the opportunity". The scenario can't simply occur in isolation like that.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
That lady with her bone is exposed is totally fucking crazy, she was basically shooting herself with acid in order to get that fucked up, damn. I wonder if they are gonna have to cut her arm off because i can't imagine living like that ugh.

Russians are insane, news at eleven. Thank God Medvedev and Putin understand this. I hope they exterminate heroin in Afgan and implement mandatory drug tests in school. Heroin and this krokodil insanity needs to step.

Numpt3

Bloody hell that's insane. I really want to see those pics/videos but I know the images will stick in my head if I see them. Are they that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom