• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack Review Thread

Sojgat

Pretty much what I was expecting. Game doesn't look terrible, but it doesn't exactly look good either.

Edit: Ouch, that Eurogamer review.

I thought it would at least by around a 7 or something, based on nothing.

Looks like we are going to have an average of around a 50-60 on Metacritic.

Rootbeer

Banned
hope we'll get a few higher scores than that... I bought it as part of the B2G1 deal, and I knew it wasn't going to be anything too special (particularly after playing the demo at the GS kiosk) but 5.9, wow.

I have every intention of finishing the game though!

Anyone could see this coming a mile away. Graphics from actually playing it in person are not that good and almost look ps3 level, plus gameplay is pretty dull and basically is repeating the same 3 moves over and over. Also the character design is ugly and not marketable as a mascot like they are seemingly trying to make him.

Nev

Banned
Got garbage written all over its face.

Try with a real platformer next time. And while you're at it, try to make a good main character.

FHIZ

Knack, noooooooooooo!

Oh well... got it for free off that Amazon thing, so whatever, I'll still play it.

Carbonox

If people are surprised then wow. The game always looked plain and uninspired. Might be fun but nothing to write home about.

I predicted 6/10, wow.

Free on PS+ in January <-- mark my words.

Pretty much. I have no desire to pluck down $60 for this game, but I sure as hell will give it a chance for free.

By what I've seen of the game 3/10 seems a bit excessive, but since it's blocked at work and no one posts a few quotes I guess I'll never know.

Respawn

Banned

I wonder if Knack was a Nintendo game how it would be perceived. Not making excuses but I think the general consensus is this game is filling a certain category at launch? Parents with kids or mainly for kids but elements thrown in for the more advanced user? Someone feel the same way? Chime in if Im looking at this right or the wrong way.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
iCSGSoAoOPscE.gif

I hope this won't be the average score for the game because that would make me regret my purchase on Amazon. =/

Is it possible to return a game purchased from Amazon to say Best Buy or Walmart for an exchange? Still going to wait for more reviews but if its that bad I'd rather wait for a price drop and exchange it for NBA 2K14 or BF4.

Top Bottom