• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

Mik2121

Can anyone confirm if holidays are present and are there any new holidays? I missed Jingle so much in Wild World :(

It's not like we have gone through any holiday yet... but we all got a turkey just a couple days ago, and someone said he saw a neighbor with Christmas-themed stuff, so I guess we have all the holidays? As for new holidays, dunno...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
someone said he saw a neighbor with Christmas-themed stuff, so I guess we have all the holidays?

That would be me.

Neighbor has a home thats literally the main room all christmas stuff pretty much. And there was a bowl of new years soba on the ground too.

Though I wonder how the hell they got all that already considering its not christmas.

Too many games that I want to play are coming out on handheld systems. I do not like playing handheld systems. I find it extremely uncomfortable. Real shame. My game library would be about 15 games wider if I could play them on a console or my PC.

Parakeetman

Made the extra 30k I needed to top off 1million b in the ATM. Then went and withdrew it all paying off the left room expansion. Working on right now. And paid off the well. Currently am building a fountain next. Tomorrow should be able to pay both off right away no problem with the left over 500k

After the right room is finished will do the rear room and then see how much expanding all of the extra rooms will cost. D:

I have a
Queen's Crown at the Sisters today...the price is 1,000,000 bells
. I wonder if it's the most expensive item in the game.

StayDead

Can anyone confirm if holidays are present and are there any new holidays? I missed Jingle so much in Wild World :(

The holidays are back and I posted a translated calander at some point (might be in another thread though. I'll go get it.

Event Calander

Full Calander:

11/17 - Fishing Tournament
11/22 - Harvest Festival

12/8 - Fishing Tournament
12/21 - Winter Solstice
12/24 - Christmas Eve
12/31 - Countdown (New Years)

1/1 New Years
1/19 - Fishing Tournament

2/3 - Last day of winter
2/9 - Fishing Tournament
2/11 - Carnival

3/3 - Doll Festival
3/16 - Fishing Tournament
3/31 - Easter

4/1 - April Fools
4/13 - Fishing Tournament

5/5 - Children's Day
5/18 - Fishing Tournament

6/15 - Bug Catching Tournament
6/21 Summer Solstice

7/7 - Tanabata
7/20 - Bug Catching Tournament

8/4-11-18-25 - Fireworks Meet/Tournament?
8/15 - Obon - Latern Festival
8/17 - Bug Catching Tournament

9/3 - Weed Day
9/19 - Moon Viewing Festival
9/21 - Bug Catching Tournament

10/12 - Fishing Tournament
10/31 - Halloween

11/16 - Fishing Tournament
11/28 - Harvest Festival

12/14 - Fishing Tournament
12/22 - Winter Solstice
12/24 - Christmas Eve
12/31 - Countdown (New Years)

Parakeetman

Saturday / tomorrow for here in Japan. So yeah the 17th. Ive already seen one home with the trophy here. D: wtf?!

StayDead

I actually think they've made just making money from selling fruits mmuch harder now. I've got a pretty big orchard (well I thought I did) and I only made 40k or so. Expected wayy more.

So apparently you can do something really cool with the ores you can find in rocks...

If you take it to R. Parker's, you can combine them with various pieces of furniture to give them a gem stone or precious metal effect.

Here's a pic of a dresser mixed with an emerald ore: http://i.imgur.com/oaHcj.jpg

So apparently you can do something really cool with the ores you can find in rocks...

If you take it to R. Parker's, you can combine them with various pieces of furniture to give them a gem stone or precious metal effect.

Here's a pic of a dresser mixed with an emerald ore: http://i.imgur.com/oaHcj.jpg

Sweet!!

Tommy & Timmy are upgrading their store tomorrow and I'm No.1 in the fishing contest so far -we're fishing for the longest コイ.

Also, I now have mangoes, bananas, apples, litchi, oranges and peaches growing in my town.

Updates:

Diving (In town, maybe on island too):

Hamaguri - 300
Oisuta- - 400
Akoyagai - 1600

I also have these fish, which aren't on the list:

Donko RIVER ALL THE TIME
Paiku RIVER FALL~WINTER
Yamame RIVER SPRING OR FALL
Demekin - RIVER ALL THE TIME XS
Guppi - RIVER SPRING~FALL XS
Neontetora - SPRING~FALL XS

I also got a medal for fishing today. It seems that each medal has three levels.

So glad that I've been saving my metal now....Thanks StreetsAhead!

Also, my tournament fish was Funa. So far, I'm in the lead with 24.4 CM.

Deeku

M2tk1.jpg

Woo, 58.9 cm!

Mik2121

Really? That's lame. You sure?

Yup. I remember the very first day I got #6 and someone else too, and our items were different. I was confused and assumed I had it wrong, but it's been a few times where people has gotten same numbers as other and gotten different things, so yeah..

nYdjj.jpg

FUCK! Some asshole just moved right into the middle of my new orchard. I specifically planted there because it was crowded with houses already and there are wide open spaces across the bridge! Motherfucker.

Had a run of bad luck. Just got ripped off by Redd, and accidentally sold all the fruit from my island instead of planting it in the village, but now that I think of it, CAPTAIN ASSHOLE probably would have just plonked his house down on it anyway.

Nicer things that happened recently:
Y59Oc.jpg

Got a cool Midna mask

oUgG2.jpg

Caught a coelacanth

kmetv.jpg

Got called a pervert by a cat telling me how to use the screenshot function

StayDead

What's the deal with Totakeke this time? Does he show up somewhere on Saturday nights?

He shows up in the club, but the club doesn't open straight away, there's an event you have to do before it I think.

Has anyone actually dug up any gyroids yet?

Mik2121

Do they still come from holes? All I'm getting is fossils and pitfalls >_<

EDIT: New shop building and Nook's is opening tommorow. Woo! :D

ALSO QR CODE THING AVALIABLE IN ABLES! <33333
Nook's is opening tomorrow? I'm getting the new building (it's under construction now) but Nook actually said tomorrow he'd be closed to upgrade. I guess he was closed today for you?

And yeah, I got 3 or 4 gyroids.

I got the game on launch but haven't got around to posting my friend code until now!
I've added everyone listed in the first thread - so please add me back!

My friend code is 5155-4269-8153 :)

Fren

Neo Member
Gyroids only show up after it's rained in your town.

I'm jealous that you guys' shop is upgrading. :( At least the Dream House is opening for me tomorrow.

StayDead

Nook's is opening tomorrow? I'm getting the new building (it's under construction now) but Nook actually said tomorrow he'd be closed to upgrade. I guess he was closed today for you?

And yeah, I got 3 or 4 gyroids.

When I said opening I meant to say upgrading. It's 10AM and I'm still tired :p

apricot

Yeah recently Apricot mentioned that also for the latest report in regards to numbers vs. item not matching up.

Yeah I got #6 the other day and got a completely different item from the other two people who got it before.

And whoops! I've missed the fishing tournament today. Will have to wait till next month... Well at least I unlocked the island!

Mik2121

Yeah I got #6 the other day and got a completely different item from the other two people who got it before.

And whoops! I've missed the fishing tournament today. Will have to wait till next month... Well at least I unlocked the island!

One tip for the tournament...

Start early in the morning, as soon as possible, and try to capture a bunch of fishes before giving him any. Then, whenever you give him the fish start with the lowest to get a highest record and a price, then keep giving him a bigger fish each time to get new prices. He gives you a new one every time you improve the record.

I only noticed this after giving him the first fish and it was already so big I was only able to get a bigger one once :(

StayDead

I've caught a 68.3cm Koi, think that'll win me the tournament? I'm going out this afternoon to watch Skyfall/do my shopping >_<

Mik2121

I've caught a 68.3cm Koi, think that'll win me the tournament? I'm going out this afternoon to watch Skyfall/do my shopping >_<

Dunno. My fishing tournament was for black bass... but my highest record for Koi is 76.3cm, so I'd say chances are someone might 1up your record... :/

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I lost my tournament, :(

I got my revenge by paying off my Resetti station and selling over 300k worth of bugs though. *shakes fist at Rachel*

Top Bottom