• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR OST vinyls with art drawn by Tokyo Ghoul creator releasing on December 20(Japan)

Armaly

Actually a worry just crept up, would the LPs be a bit fragile for overseas post? Don't want to imagine the delivery crew to treat them like frisbees. I use Tenso a lot (called Buyee now).

Honestly depends on where you buy from. Amazon JP, amiami, and jp SE have always packaged my stuff well. NA SE uses pepita and i've always had issues. Boxes come dented and my Automata Black box got sent to me upside down to the artbook and figure box all have massive white scuff marks in the mid sections. Before pepita they were using digital river but my stuff actually came in perfect condition every time.

Soar

Honestly depends on where you buy from. Amazon JP, amiami, and jp SE have always packaged my stuff well. NA SE uses pepita and i've always had issues. Boxes come dented and my Automata Black box got sent to me upside down to the artbook and figure box all have massive white scuff marks in the mid sections. Before pepita they were using digital river but my stuff actually came in perfect condition every time.

Ouch that is painful to hear about you black box. My experience is mostly from the individual sellers on their auction site. I know amazon can be a bit of a hit and miss, as I've gotten an oversized box (and therefore crushed) from amazon.jp before. Thankfully it was a hardcover book and not something fragile like an LP.

Ferr986

I'm slighly annoyed that everything Nier related nowadays doesn't include anything about the Nier character. He's fallen to total irrelevancy from his own series lol

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm slighly annoyed that everything Nier related nowadays doesn't include anything about the Nier character. He's fallen to total irrelevancy from his own series lol
To be fair
in one of the endings he did erase his entire existence.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What I meant is nowadays for promotion to Nier 1 it feels like they push Kaine or Emil far more than Nier.
Don't worry, I know what you meant, I was just joking. ;)

But I do agree with you. Maybe not papa Nier because most people find him ugly but they could show some love to brother Nier.

Where would we send our voices to make sure they know we want it in the west as well?

It's got to be a better use of our time than sitting on our hands and hoping, right?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
$35 for a vinyl is highway robbery. But I'm a stupid idiot who will probably buy it anyway.

eh, that's not bad. $35 is about right for the weight and design work. What's going to get you is conversion and shipping from Japan. Usually $20 shipping before customs fees.

Ive purchased a lot of vinyl from japan and other countries and really have to consider these things.

so if its a box set with 4 lps, heavy weights, it's gotta be $25-$30 shipping.

Fuck yeah!!! I'm so going to get this. And best of all, I'm going to be visiting my sister in Japan when this hits!! No extra shipping cost for me!!

KLoWn

Oh shit, that looks sweet.

Well, I guess it should've been obvious even before looking at it, since Tokyo Ghoul has some really nice art.

My friend is going to try and pick me up one at TGS tomorrow morning. Has anyone seen or heard anything about the sets that'll be available there (sounds like they're already pressed and you'll be able to take them off the shelf)? Needless to say, if he finds them and they're not one per customer, I'd be willing to help some of you guys out.

How quickly do you figure they'll sell out? Reason I ask is Nier's music is incredibly popular over there, to the point where I believe the soundtrack charted.

LaB_NL

Excuse me for the bump, but man have I been looking for this!

Is there -any- possibility to import this to Europe?

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Play-asia has both Nier and Nier Automata listed (can't order yet), but not the box set. Hopefully it will be added soon.

Play-asia has both Nier and Nier Automata listed (can't order yet), but not the box set. Hopefully it will be added soon.

I wouldn't count on them. They had the music box up for several months "coming soon" but it changed to "out of stock" without ever actually going in stock.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't count on them. They had the music box up for several months "coming soon" but it changed to "out of stock" without ever actually going in stock.

Damn it. It's been a while since last I ordered OSTs from Japan, which sites are the best to use these days?

Damn it. It's been a while since last I ordered OSTs from Japan, which sites are the best to use these days?

No idea but I just saw someone verified on Twitter say they got one from TGS. Maybe tweet and find someone who would be willing to ship it internationally? I have no idea how fast they'll sell out online.

Are the ones at TGS only pre-orders or will people be going home with the vinyl sets?

dkonii0xoaasr8txbrdx.jpg

Looks like people were able to buy it at TGS.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Bzombi42/status/910755343923281920[/tweet]

DKHF

Square Enix will be selling the box set in Europe and PAL territories (no info on North America yet) exclusively via the Square Enix online store with pre-orders starting 25 September.

Press release info:

In addition, the NieR: Automata / NIER: Gestalt & Replicant original soundtrack vinyl box set will be available to pre-order in Europe and PAL territories from 25th September 2017, exclusively from the Square Enix Online Store. The box set will be available in December and will feature four vinyl LPs with a variety of tracks selected by series composer Keiichi Okabe, as well as exclusive illustrations from Tokyo Ghoul illustrator sui ishida.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres...ENTS_AND_DIGITAL_SALES_EXCEED_TWO_MILLION.php

This is great for European users but honestly it might be easier (and cheaper) to import it from Japan to the US than it would be from Europe. I can't think of any courier services that would be able to fulfill the order. Unless anyone has some suggestions?

The European pre-order goes live tonight so I have a favor to ask to anyone that lives in one of the countries that will actually accept their address (and has experience shipping internationally)... Mind grabbing one and shipping one to the US? I'll pay all fees and expenses.

Even though it'd be easier and cheaper to import from Japan, having the vinyl box set in English would be a better idea. Please send me a message if you're willing.

ryushe

God, I'm so bummed this is not out in NA. Tried to use my Tenso account to order the JPN version, but no dice. :sigh:

kubus

Lol I just bought this at TGS and it was a pain to pack. Mostly because I underestimated how heavy it is, haha. Wish I knew I could've just ordered it from the Eu store :(

Top Bottom