• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

VariantX

so what is ammo 2.0

A convoluted mess it looks like that will simply make thimgs worse. Ammo overcharge on gadgets?? Why? The whole point of having limited ammo is so players have to fucking THINK about where and when to use gadgets! It's like the community tells them every time how to improve the game for the long haul and it seems to partially fall on deaf ears.

Meccs

I don't understand the thinking behind this?I mean the game is already constantly on sale just a few month after the release but do they think dumping it down even more will draw in more players? Battlefront suffered from this and pretty much everyone complained and now they are doing the same here. I don't get it.

Capsov

I'd reckon 25% of my deaths in frontlines come from someone hiding behind a rock with a shotgun when they should be falling back to the objective.

Lots of anger in this thread right now! A lot of people have genuine issues with this game, but I still love it. Maybe it's because I don't play it "competitively" and really just want that war experience, but I'm still having a blast with it.

Just yesterday I was playing on Verdun Heights and it was non-stop mortars the entire round. Annoying? Sure. But damn if it didn't feel like an actual battle. The game definitely has it's problems (and I've complained about them before), but damn it's still fun.

Lots of anger in this thread right now! A lot of people have genuine issues with this game, but I still love it. Maybe it's because I don't play it "competitively" and really just want that war experience, but I'm still having a blast with it.

Just yesterday I was playing on Verdun Heights and it was non-stop mortars the entire round. Annoying? Sure. But damn if it didn't feel like an actual battle. The game definitely has it's problems (and I've complained about them before), but damn it's still fun.
Yeah I am still having a blast with the game, especially with the new DLC. Regardless I am already excited for the Russian DLC in the summer.

I still enjoy the game (I almost have five days of playtime now). I'm just critical about things I put a lot of time into. I want to see the game going in a positive direction and Ammo 2.0 is anything but that. However, that's why it's in CTE first. Hopefully they get the feedback and don't add it to the main game.

It is interesting though. Levelcap said in his video that nade spam is actually down 7% post patch. It sure as hell doesn't feel like it, but statistically it's lower.

Meccs

Verdun, I fucking hate you. Who thought that point B is good design? This is the worst shit. I just spend almost 2 hours running between B and the ruins at A. BF has turned in to Chokepointfield. Battlefield was once known for large maps and good design that favors awareness and good placement. What happened?
Don't get me wrong, I like Frontlines, even the maps are pretty good if it weren't for that stupid Metro choke point in every one of them.

ThisOne

Dice talks about how they want to increase the usefulness of the Support class and then they add auto replenishing grenades and (eventually) ammo. Doesn't that weaken the usefulness of Support? They're no longer needed if stuff will just auto replenish.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Medic change is the only good thing, IMO. If you get "spotted" it lists them as "INCOMING MEDIC" on your death screen.

Otherwise I absolutely think Ammo 2.0 is as awful in practice as it sounded on paper. I could play Selfish Support and outside of primary and secondary not resupplying, you get like 2-3 of your gadgets without needing to be resupplied. Sure it's trying to make support "more useful" but I don't really feel it.

Auto-reloading grenades are still there and don't seem to be shut off, so I'm not seeing that "more supports needed" thing they're going for.

Is it just me or is The Devil's Anvil Operation fundamentally broken? It seems to absurdly favor the Defender. I think giving the Attackers a Cavalry unit or two could help give the Attackers more of a fighting chance by adding some sort of mobility element for the defenders to contend with (giving the attackers aircraft wouldn't hurt either).

...Why would you reduce stuff like K Bullets and Rocket Guns? If anything their utility needs to be boosted.

Dice talks about how they want to increase the usefulness of the Support class and then they add auto replenishing grenades and (eventually) ammo. Doesn't that weaken the usefulness of Support? They're no longer needed if stuff will just auto replenish.

It does weaken it some but in my xp the majority of Support ppl I play with are in a even weaker state because they don't even drop ammo.

I think it will take a while to auto replenish but not long when you are next to a crate. So support will still be needed as long as they drop ammo.

Meccs

Getting spotted by a medic for a revive should also include a voice message like: "Hang in there comrade, I'm coming for you!" or "Hang on, I'm almost there!" or something like that.

Also does anyone here use DirectX 12 without issues? I thought my new RX 480 would run it a bit better but it is the same stuttering mess as with my old card. I thought they fixed DX12?

terrible

Banned
I don't like the sound of Ammo 2.0 whatsoever. It sounds like their long-term goal is to try to force team composition like you have with Overwatch into a game like Battlefield. Yuck, count me out.

I'm pretty close to bailing on this franchise. This game for me has been a disaster.

Redders

•When you respawn, most gadgets will come with the same amount of ammo you died with. This also extends across two gadgets of the same type, like HE and Frag rifle grenades. However, most gadgets will have a minimum amount of ammo, preventing you from spawning without any ammo.

What's the point of this? Surely once you've died and have respawned you are back as a new soldier so should have a full set of ammo. Looks like they are doing this to reduce the effect of the gadgets auto resupplying.

Granted I rarely use gadgets so wont really affect me if it comes to full release but for people who do will be annoying.

TheSeks

What's the point of this? Surely once you've died and have respawned you are back as a new soldier so should have a full set of ammo. Looks like they are doing this to reduce the effect of the gadgets auto resupplying.

Granted I rarely use gadgets so wont really affect me if it comes to full release but for people who do will be annoying.

They're trying to reduce "spam." Doing this means you have to get resupplied by a support before you can spam again. Compared to the (currently on "Live") throw your 2 Frag Rifles, die, Throw another 2 Frag rifles, die... method.

Redders

They're trying to reduce "spam." Doing this means you have to get resupplied by a support before you can spam again. Compared to the (currently on "Live") throw your 2 Frag Rifles, die, Throw another 2 Frag rifles, die... method.

Can understand that but being resupplied rarely seems to happen and I can't imagine many more players will be throwing down crates because of this. I wonder if you change classes every other death you would still need to be resupplied.

Meccs

I'm fucking done (almost). Nade spam needs to be reduced to one per soldier and resupply timer needs to be 60 or more seconds. Fuck this shit. I have never died to so many nades and I am ashamed to admit that I have also never killed so many people with them. My Grenade kills are up by over 15% according to bfstats.

Imho Soissons is the worst map, even with all the Metro choke points of the other ones. It is really lackluster design.

McCHitman

Banned
Medic change is the only good thing, IMO. If you get "spotted" it lists them as "INCOMING MEDIC" on your death screen.

This is amazing. Me and my buddy constantly complain about this. You run up to revive guys and see them blinking out, "DONT DO IT, DON'T DO IT!" They did it. They respawned.

I doubt that a sound clip will help them though. you can say "I need ammo" all day to someone and they will just stare at you.

I have 2 buddies I play with regularly, they've put multiple hours into the game and just learned how to spot this past week. Like what? WHAT?! One of them even played BF3 and BF4...

the point is they've lost the plot.

people are literally killing themselves to get ammo back.

if your resupply timer is longer than a respawn, what's more efficient?

exactly.

TheSeks

the point is they've lost the plot.

people are literally killing themselves to get ammo back.

if your resupply timer is longer than a respawn, what's more efficient?

exactly.

Except even if they respawn, they don't fully get the ammo back. It's to try to incentive Supports, but it doesn't do that because auto-resupply for the gadgets will just kick in anyway for 1. It's "less spammy," sure but still makes the support class pointless.

TheSeks

that's what i said.

Ah, misread your back part. In any case, people killing themselves to get the ammo back isn't the problem. Given that they're going to die before the resupply happens anyway. This just slows the entire process in the hope of getting people on boxes (which they won't do if they auto-resupply).

WillyFive

Ending up in empty lobbies half the time on PC. Not impressed.

Last time I tried to play Operations, I clicked on every single vanilla Operations and every single time it gave me an empty server. DICE has ruined the best gamemode by not giving it a server browser.

Especially because you have to wait for the game to load just to see if you will be dropped in a match with players or not.

The new Hellriegel has a 120 round drum mag and a bipod.

I actually like the idea of regenerating stuff. Makes no damn sense, but I like it. Then again, I'm someone who does weird stuff like just running around trying to kill with dynamite >_>

Edit: Reading into it, some of it does sound a bit weird, like the bit about respawning with what you had when you died

That's more or less where I'm at. I just love the WWI aesthetic and having tons of explosions and chaos on screen can be pretty fun at times. Granted, I basically just play an Operation or a couple matches a handful of times a week, so nothing competitive or anything, so I'm still generally having fun playing casually.

That said, I'd just like fewer maps with harsh Metro-esque chokepoints. They can be fun every once in a while but like the Devil's Anvil Operation has way too many of those chokepoints that end up being total grindfest grenade spams. I wish they'd increase fixed artillery or something instead of grenades or gadgets, but that's just me. Something with more fixed weapons and bring in more of some kind of Commander mode would be awesome.

WillyFive

yep.. this is bad. this is real bad. why did they do this

They want players that come over from CoD to not feel like there's nothing going on. A common thing that new players complained about in BF4 was that "it took forever to get to the action", since they were used to playing a game with tiny maps and no vehicle gameplay.

Top Bottom