• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

membran

Downloading a patch right now. Can't find patch notes.

What does it do?

It probably fixes their malfunctioning ban-hammer; I'm only half-kidding. The announcement came only 30min prior to the release of the patch as a sticky in their forums:

Today we'll be launching the latest update for Forza Horizon 3 on Windows 10. This update will feature minor updates to improve performance and stability for the Windows 10 version of the game.

Also, on reddit they claim it downgrades the game's graphical fidelity and some report 20fps gone missing or increased stuttering. Other say it's a great improvement for them. So same old, same old.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Anyone else's game continuing to permanently hang going into "my cars"?

Literally just started doing it tonight. Can't change my car now. I restart the game, then it won't load on press A. Then only a hard reset gets me back in.

GlamFM

Banned

Yep, found that one, but it´s missing the boost description for most of the cars.

EDIT: Found it!

33 Cars, right?

9af06046212b590e3c5df44224023bea.png

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
486/488 roads.

Simply cannot find the missing roads. Fuck. I'm sure it's tiny bits of grey on an otherwise driven road, but I'll be buggered if I can find them.

GlamFM

Banned
486/488 roads.

Simply cannot find the missing roads. Fuck. I'm sure it's tiny bits of grey on an otherwise driven road, but I'll be buggered if I can find them.

Check the towns. Byron Bay & Surfers Paradise. That´s why my missing roads were.

Tiny, barely visible roads through some gardens.

pMuDCm6.png

Done with everything. Got all the HE and Forzathon cars. I need more stuff to do.
Have Playground announced anything regarding future Forzathon events/rewards?

Next Forzathon starts on Oct. 27.

Haven't said anything beyond that, but I hope PG at least keeps it going through the two promised DLC.

I'm actually finding paying for spins much, much more economical than trying to get HE cars from the auction house, not only does the auction house take a dogs age, the prices aren't great unless you spend a lot of time on it.

I seem to get good luck from spins, I spin 10 times this morning and got two HE cars.

I agree. I don't think I'll ever buy an H.E. from the auction house.

terrible

Banned
Was that by any chance a certain figure 8 race with a Subaru? :p

I don't think that was you but it was from around the same time.

That Subaru is scary fast, same with my A Class 22B. I think I was running with rally suspension and rally tires in that rival event too lol.

Done with everything. Got all the HE and Forzathon cars. I need more stuff to do.

You could always post some times in the rival events.

m23

Man all these Forzathon events and the HE cars coming up and I'm missing out on all of it. I have to find a balance between this game and Gears...

xrnzaaas

Man all these Forzathon events and the HE cars coming up and I'm missing out on all of it. I have to find a balance between this game and Gears...

Yeah I know, it's a problem if you're a completionist and/or a competetive guy. I've played a lot less FH3 this week than I wanted to and I'm "only" lvl 212, but I have to deal with that. :)

danowat

Banned

Turn10 seemed to drop rivals events in FM6 pretty quickly, hopefully PG won't do the same with FH3 and support it for a while.

Patrick S.

Banned
I agree. I don't think I'll ever buy an H.E. from the auction house.

I have to because I never win shit.

Won a 800k auction for a 20017 GT yesterday. It was crazy, there were dozens of them on auction, and all went for at least 600k and more, even though most started at 200k. Some went for more than a million, even.

Funny thing is, I don't enjoy driving the GT. It's an overpowered wheelspinning devil machine.

I have to because I never win shit.

Won a 800k auction for a 20017 GT yesterday. It was crazy, there were dozens of them on auction, and all went for at least 600k and more, even though most started at 200k. Some went for more than a million, even.

Funny thing is, I don't enjoy driving the GT. It's an overpowered wheelspinning devil machine.

The Ford GT is one of my favorite HE cars. The Mini Cooper S HE is also great fun.

I'm level 367 and I had to buy most of the HE cars. I've had terrible luck with wheelspins. Overall earning money seems slower compared to FH2. Even with VIP membership.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
OK i love this game. this has the potential to finally dethrone GT2 as my favorite racer of all time.

question - what does DLC look like for these games? more cars or extra land masses as well?

I do think earning CR is slower overall than FH2, or it seems that way because cars are more expensive, or it's a combination of both.

I think I like it better. Buying the Stradale felt like a milestone, and I still haven't bought the Daytona Shelby or any of the 10M CR Ferraris.

I'm level 367 and I had to buy most of the HE cars. I've had terrible luck with wheelspins. Overall earning money seems slower compared to FH2. Even with VIP membership.

Selling duplicate H.E. cars via the auction house is a good way to make money. I had to sink about ~5M CR to break even, though.

Another decent way is to buy the double CR perk, and then, run a long exhibition event.

I feel like CR rewards for racing online should be bumped up.

OK i love this game. this has the potential to finally dethrone GT2 as my favorite racer of all time.

question - what does DLC look like for these games? more cars or extra land masses as well?

Monthly DLC is just cars. Storm Island did add another map to FH2, so maybe one or both of the FH3 expansion DLCs will too.

danowat

Banned

Car packs are just that, car packs, as for the expansions, no one knows, but on previous releases I'd assume that one with be a Porsche car pack / expansion, and the other will be an area expansion, smart money is on NZ, or maybe Tasmania.

rrs

car packs, porsche expansion, a new place to drive (thinking it's going to be something extreme like snow/ice hill racing)

Snow or something like that would be great.

I know this is probably unlikely, but I hope the new area is attached to the main map.

Storm Island felt so disconnected, and I hate how we actually had to choose to play S.I. online rather than having it mixed in.

Space_nut

Can't wait to see what they add as DLC!! I would think they will save snow/ice for FH 4 but if they give us some well it's about to go down then

KRaZyAmmo

Car packs are just that, car packs, as for the expansions, no one knows, but on previous releases I'd assume that one with be a Porsche car pack / expansion, and the other will be an area expansion, smart money is on NZ, or maybe Tasmania.

How much is the expansion pass?

FStop7

Banned
The F12 TdF's my favorite, so far. I'm pretty content to just take it out onto long straights, top it out, and then stand on the brakes while quickly downshifting. The backfires sound so awesome.

I swear I love this game so much that I'm probably gonna go back and try to 100% FH1 and 2. I have them both installed, though I'm not sure if it's even possible to 100% FH1 as I get a lot of "no server available" errors when updating leaderboards or whatever.

The only thing FH3 needs soon are Porsches. Badly. I want to get my GT3RS on.

jesu

Just got 2.1 million for a Koenigsegg that I won, that I'll never use.
Now to spend it all on spins!

edit, umpteen spins later, I won

Alpha Romeo 8C
Mitsubushi Lancer Evolution IX MR
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 HE
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Alpha Romeo 155 Q4
Chrysler 300 SRT8
Jaguar XKR-S GT
Subaru Impreza 22B
Ford Fiesta ST
Ferrari California
Mercedes-Benz G 65 AMG
Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Toyota Celica GT-Four RC ST185
Viper GTS
HSV Limited Edition GEN-F GTS Maloo
Lamborgini Countach LP5000 QV HE
Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport
Ferrari California T

Not bad, will sell the HE's if I don't like them and start again with the spins!

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
What?

YOUR BROWSER MAY BE PARTIALLY SUPPORTED OR NOT SUPPORTED. MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE YOUR BROWSER TO ITS LATEST VERSION FOR THE BEST BROWSING EXPERIENCE ON FORZA MOTORSPORT.

I cant update something that has no update... I dont live in the future.

terrible

Banned
The way they worded it makes it seem like it's not something new to Forza itself, it's just never been done in Horizon before.

Leagues or a tournament of some sort maybe? It's got to be something pretty minor like that otherwise you'd think it would get it's own article.

With that said I will set myself up for disappointment and secretly hope they are adding a track editor.

danowat

Banned
The way they worded it makes it seem like it's not something new to Forza itself, it's just never been done in Horizon before.

Leagues or a tournament of some sort maybe? It's got to be something pretty minor like that otherwise you'd think it would get it's own article.

With that said I will set myself up for disappointment and secretly hope they are adding a track editor.

Yeah, very specific wording.

I was hoping for motorbikes.......

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is it possible to stream the PC version to another PC? I guess steam home streaming wouldn't work as it's not a steam game, but does the Xbox app support that? Or I have an nvidia card with gamestream?

Top Bottom