• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PRINCE OF PERSIA!!!!

Amir0x

Banned
I'm pretty sure that IMAGE is just cropped from the scan.

Scrubking said:
You don't think it's completely ridiculous that after Ubisoft publicly apologized for crappy Wii games and promised Nintendo Quality that they haven't even come close to keeping their word and then actively screw Wii gamers by consistently not putting their top games on the console?

And you talk like the Wii is just missing one game in the series when in reality it hasn't had any POP games outside of that one crappy port.

Seriously, telling people that they need to grow up because they want to talk about something that affects them is way more immature than people wondering why a company is screwing them over.

it sounds like you really take Ubisoft's horrible slight against the Nintendo name pretty personally

it is a pretty serious disrespect to them, after all they've done to help Ubisoft!

eve241

abacab driver said:
Loving that art style..but reading about it, I fear the game will end up feeling like Ubi doing their best Team Ico impression.

So far I haven't seen anything resembling Team Ico's style. Just because it's different doesn't mean it's Team Ico and I'm not sure if the writer knows that...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Mickael Labat said that the artistic style is still in development, nothing is final yet.

joesmokey

Wow why didn't anyone edit the title saying that new scans are out, this is why we need new threads!

Ether_Snake said:
- Prince can slide along any walls using his glove. Game is as much vertical as horizontal.

Sounds awesome. I'm so glad they didn't try to mimic the God of War style and are going with fewer enemies instead. No time rewind isn't as huge of a deal if they do it right.

The new art style looks awesome, hopefully this means it will be more and more like Sands of Time in terms of fantasy/environments.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i'm jubilant that they've done away with the time rewind. it was great fun while it lasted, but it was becoming a crutch, and the disposal of it is evidence that they're willing to take some risks.

Amir0x

Banned
joesmokey said:
Wow why didn't anyone edit the title saying that new scans are out, this is why we need new threads!

because a mod/admin would never sanction something that is against the rules here?

hurrrr

Zapages

Amir0x said:
because a mod/admin would never sanction something that is against the rules here?

hurrrr

Ok... I guess.. Mods/Admins can make this into the official Prince of Persia Thread so that we don't have too many threads about the same thing. Plus we have a concentrated thread from the beginning to the end. It'll be kind of cool, don't ya?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
No official threads until close to release. When new info hits, do like usual and make a new thread if worth it.

joesmokey

Amir0x said:

hurrrr
What's wrong with an edit mentioning new pictures and info? Not like they're posting links or anything.

Looks hot, but I'm not buying it because Ubi refuses to give the Wii the respect it deserves, that'll show them. I mean, where's all the Tom Clancy games on Wii, they would sell like crazy cuz the Wii is so popular. Ubi has got no idea what they are doing.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
GitarooMan said:
Looks hot, but I'm not buying it because Ubi refuses to give the Wii the respect it deserves, that'll show them. I mean, where's all the Tom Clancy games on Wii, they would sell like crazy cuz the Wii is so popular. Ubi has got no idea what they are doing.

Sarcasm I hope...

Zapages said:
Ok... I guess.. Mods/Admins can make this into the official Prince of Persia Thread so that we don't have too many threads about the same thing.
This is against the rules too. No official threads until 2 weeks to the game launch.

Pistolero

Finally got to see the scans form Joypad : Beautiful art style. I'll take this vibrant palette over the grey-brown one in this particular case. Now I hope the animation follows.

The-Switcher said:
If the Wii was getting ANYTHING, it would be announced. Hell, the DS is getting a completely seperate game from the HD consoles. Why not announce then all together?
I wouldn't worry too much, just take a look at Tomb Raider: Underworld...the Wii version was annouced after the 360/PS3 ones were.

Btw, this is looking awesome! Day 1 if reviews are decent.

No45

Scrubking said:
And you talk like the Wii is just missing one game in the series when in reality it hasn't had any POP games outside of that one crappy port.
And you're talking as if the Wii actually existed when the first three console PoP games were released.

No45

Oopsy, forum errorz!
-COOLIO- said:
wasnt warrior within suppose to be the last?
The Two Thrones rounded out the 'original' trilogy. I think this is supposed to be a prequel (Which is what you do when you've rounded out a trilogy and want more monies!).

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
This is a whole new game, no link to the past PoP.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I wonder when the Edge Magazine issue is going to hit the stands. I don't know if there are any new screens but at least everyone will be able to read the interview;)

KevinCow

Banned
Looks and sounds pretty awesome. The lack of time rewinding is a bit disappointing though.

Hope we get some videos soon.

Salazar

KevinCow said:
The lack of time rewinding is a bit disappointing though.

I can deal with it. I'll be pleased if they skip the -

Good news - you transform into a kickass killer alternate Prince.
Bad news - when you do, you're always dying.

bit.

No45 said:
The Two Thrones rounded out the 'original' trilogy. I think this is supposed to be a prequel (Which is what you do when you've rounded out a trilogy and want more monies!).
It could just be a reboot. Hasn't the series already had two of those?

karasu

This game looks unbelievably awesome. Some of the screens look like concept art. That's exactly what I've been waiting for!

Ænima

Dascu said:
This is the most impressive looking Ubisoft game in years. The art style is stunningly beautiful. I have not played a previous Prince of Persia, nor intend to play one, but I would certainly buy this, if I wasn't very bitter that this game is probably funded by all those shovelware Wii and DS games.
So you are going to skip a potentionally awesome game just to make a statement to Ubisoft? Pathetic. Why even come into this thread if you have no interest in PoP?

No45

proposition said:
It could just be a reboot. Hasn't the series already had two of those?
It could be, although at each of the previous reboots there had been a fair bit of time between releases and the IP owners at the time would have felt they were targeting a different audience. The last gen PoP games are still pretty fresh in the mind.

To be fair there's no real rigidity in the structure of the recent games anyway (They can invent a storyline to alter the time line... again), so they can probably do pretty much whatever they want.

USD

Wow, I totally missed this thread. This game looks awesome, been looking forward to a little more PoP.

Tendo

I'm kind of glad this is distancing itself form the last trilogy, fresh start, means they can go in a whole new direction. I'm assuming its a totally new prince then? Come on fall 08!

TreIII

Hmm, sounds enticing. I like the sound of how they're looking to do something different, rather than be yet ANOTHER game that decides to step onto the DMC style of action games.

Bring it all on, Fall 08. We're going to have some serious fun this year. :D

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Edge magazine should be out soon I think?

Then it would be also Game Informer (from what I remember).

Greatness Gone said:
Wat. This design is much much more hawter than the previous one.

I don't know, it looks like they've put way too much stuff on him. A glove, a turban, semi-boots, sandals, cape, belt, shirt, another glove, waistcoat..hell, give him glasses as well

TreIII

Anasui Kishibe said:
I don't know, it looks like they've put way too much stuff on him. A glove, a turban, semi-boots, sandals, cape, belt, shirt, another glove, waistcoat..hell, give him glasses as well

He's fine. I think the overall motif the new Prince design is going for is something that would be much more practical for some one who's going to go on a major quest. He's strapped up and ready for anything.

I like this design, overall, much more than the last Prince. Hell, I wish Konami would make more Castlevania leads like this guy, instead of the metrosexuals we get on a regular basis now-a-days.

Anasui Kishibe said:
If anything the turban is definitely overkill, but still...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Don't you guys think he would fit nicely in Soul Calibur 4?:D

Grimm Fandango said:
Bah, do we really need more "demon hand" protagonists? We already had Nero and that dude from Dark Sector...

Dark Sectors demon arm was pretty stupid. This is somewhat similar to Nero, but I think its functionality will be well suited to platforming.

I love the Princes new design. Everything about this game seems very positive. I don't think I could come up with a better direction to take the series. I can't wait to see some footage.

Don't you remember how the first and last PoP games went? He always started with a lot of stuff on, but it would eventually break away, and he'd be reduced to the bare minimum after a while.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So it was pretty much the same screens in Edge as in Joypad (except the close up shot of the prince had a background). But at least now you should have an English interview to read!

WrikaWrek

Banned
I had to listen to 1upyours to realize that we are past the point of "What is it?" to "There's screens!!!".

The cell shaded looks pretty cool, the character looks cool too. Here's to hoping.

Top Bottom