• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

zroid

Banned
HOT MCDAVID / MATTHEWS TAKE AHEAD

You have been warned!

Mcdavid on Auston " I don't hate him, he's a good kid."

calder

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-will-canadiens-able-get-defenceman/

"One exec on Zach Werenski: “I knew he was good, but I never thought he’d have the chance to be better than Noah Hanifin and Ivan Provorov. That’s not a knock on them, but a credit to Werenski.”

Suck it, Provolone

We'll trade you Trouba and local hero Jack "OOOHIIOOOOOOO!" Roslovic for this Werenski no-name kid and a second rounder. Doing you a favour, just send the fax in to the league office before I change my mind.

Foggy

Pretty interesting looking back on the 2015 draft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_niCzDPYHSw

Columbus was deadset on Werenski over Provolone but considered Hanifin if Arizona didn't take him. If Philly took Werenski, Columbus would have taken Rantanen. They seriously considered trading 3 2nd rounders plus #8 for Toronto's pick. Which is wild. Carolina or New Jersey would have gotten Marner, Columbus would have Hanifin, and Toronto would have Werenski or Rantanen. Pretty insane.

We'll trade you Trouba and local hero Jack "OOOHIIOOOOOOO!" Roslovic for this Werenski no-name kid and a second rounder. Doing you a favour, just send the fax in to the league office before I change my mind.

Marko Dano and Roslovic are already building a secret tunnel back home. You can't hold them hostage forever dammit!

Are the Habs legit? In the off-season I made a big deal about the Subban-Webber at the office. Everyone is laughing and mocking me now.

Solo

Are the Habs legit? In the off-season I made a big deal about the Subban-Webber at the office. Everyone is laughing and mocking me now.

They're a legit playoff team. Are they a legit contender? I think they need an upgrade at 2C and a Top 4 D before that could possibly be true.

Foggy

Habs are legit
imately praying Price stays healthy

But really the Weber trade only becomes a monumental stinker in a few years. Weber's still a great player.

zroid

Banned
oh my god apparently Oilers are getting the same cup odds from Vegas as the hawks, bolts, Habs, and caps

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

The Habs were running away with the Cup this time last year.

And they haven't even run into this guy yet this season.

BjpBlIC.png

Yawnier

Banned

The way I see it the eastern conference is wide open. I can see les habitants making the ECF like they did a few years ago (2014?) but cup final? Idk.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This team is a lot different than the one that went 9-0-0 last year, but they'll still need to address some holes if they want a chance to go all the way. Pleks decline over the last 18 months has been unreal.

But really the Weber trade only becomes a monumental stinker in a few years. Weber's still a great player.
I've been told he's not even a top 45 dman :(

Best Habs team since '93
I'd enjoy seeing you list a Habs team from the past 20 years that had a better, more talented roster with as much as this one has. I'll wait.

Pikma

Banned
This team is a lot different than the one that went 9-0-0 last year, but they'll still need to address some holes if they want a chance to go all the way. Pleks decline over the last 18 months has been unreal.

I'd enjoy seeing you list a Habs team from the past 20 years that had a better, more talented roster with as much as this one has. I'll wait.
Lmao, I hate myself for doing this but I think I'm gonna go full Soc and save this kind of posts for later

Marvie_3

Banned

2014-15 Habs had a better Plekanec and a Subban and no Andrew Shaw. :D

If Leivo is secretly healthy but not good enough to play on the team just put him on waivers and hope somebody takes him off your hands so he can score a hat trick against you in 3 weeks.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
2014-15 Habs had a better Plekanec and a Subban and no Andrew Shaw. :D
Plekanec has scored like 10 goals in his last 40 games lol.... he's at the same rate as Desharnais right now. Should have traded him to Chicago when they were looking for that #2 centre.

Top Bottom