• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#popMAFIA | So don’t let this be our final song

2Txif6k.gif

oh wait, I'm not in this game?

too Bad

roytheone

Post often, or else you'll get lynched immediately, even if you have a completely valid reason for not being able to post much during D1 but no one will listen t-GODDAMN POKEMON MAFIA, GODDAMN TOWN, GODDAMN ROYTHEONE, AND GODDAMN THAT GAME STRAIGHT TO HELL

.....i'm good. I'm cool. I'm a winner now, I'm a team player now, what's past is past, be cool, be calm, be like kanye, all positive vibes, good energy, all positive, be like kanye

kanye-link-2.gif

Hey! I was just doing the job given to me by Burb: to make town do stupid lynches :) You can't blame me for that!

Now, the townies that contributed....feel free to yell at them :)

Evilisk

Since the game hasn't technically started, and I don't want risk sounding like I'm making excuses later on (especially if some Day 1 Dogpile occurs), I'm gonna mention this now:

I'm not gonna be able to post at any time between 10PM-7AM AEST at all on any day of the week. It's just internet issues that I have. This isn't the first time; it happened to me a couple of years ago (actually, now that I think about it, the last time was during November as well...). It basically means I don't have any internet access whatsoever during those times. Unless the issue gets fixed or, I don't know, end up going staying somewhere with less crappy internet for a period of time, it's gonna basically have to be like that unfortunately.

I'm not sure why the issue has popped up again, and I'm going try to get it fixed but yeah, if I'm not talking during those times you'll know the reason why.

I don't think this will be a huge problem because, thankfully, I finished studying a week ago .Meaning that (at least on Weekdays) I'm going to be usually available to play. Weekends, I probably won't be as available as on Weekdays though I'll try to keep myself available as much as I can (and I'll give a heads up if there's something unavoidable).

Also I'm just going to point out that I'm in an Australian timezone/I'm in Australia so to some posters I'm probably going to be posting during weird times so yeah.

Anyway, good luck to everyone playing in this game. Especially to any other newcomers also participating here (I'm also a fellow new guy to this)

Coppanuva

Just gonna drop this MOTIVATIONAL MUSIC MIXTAPE here. Shit's hot fire.

It may not be pop, I don't know. Feel free to PM your nearest mod (game runner or neogaf mod) and ask!

The Man - Aloe Blacc
All I Do is Win - DJ Khaled
Hearts on Fire - John Cafferty
No Easy Way Out - Robert Tepper
You're The Best - The Karate Kid
Gonna Fly Now - Bill Conti
Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
The WAND - The Flaming Lips

Feel free to suggest more songs from the Rocky films to add to it.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Just gonna drop this MOTIVATIONAL MUSIC MIXTAPE here. Shit's hot fire.

It may not be pop, I don't know. Feel free to PM your nearest mod (game runner or neogaf mod) and ask!

The Man - Aloe Blacc
All I Do is Win - DJ Khaled
Hearts on Fire - John Cafferty
No Easy Way Out - Robert Tepper
You're The Best - The Karate Kid
Gonna Fly Now - Bill Conti
Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
The WAND - The Flaming Lips

Feel free to suggest more songs from the Rocky films to add to it.
The Hours - Ali in the Jungle

Ty4on

Also I'm just going to point out that I'm in an Australian timezone/I'm in Australia so to some posters I'm probably going to be posting during weird times so yeah.
You're quite lucky to play a game with a pretty good day start/end time for Australia/Asia. This is the first Gafia game I've seen that didn't start early morning Australia time. We've had some games where it was ~5 am AEST :p

Evilisk

You're quite lucky to play a game with a pretty good day start/end time for Australia/Asia. This is the first Gafia game I've seen that didn't start early morning Australia time. We've had some games where it was ~5 am AEST :p

That's cool to know. Now if only my internet wasn't acting up...

Unless...

the universe is balancing things out and is deciding that, in exchange for having reasonable hours, I have to deal with crappy internet issues

Sophia

Stay Tuned. Your gliterry pop prince from UK will be along shortly to deliver the grand opening of your game.

"Can't even start his games on time." says The New York Times.

"Pop Mafia was the worst idea ever." quotes CNN.

"Where is our moderator?" asks MSNBC

"Something about Brexit" says a random Australian

The case is clear and the verdict is in. Failed as a tanner. Failed as a moderator.

Just say no to Pop Mafia.

Just say no to Cabot.

Paid for by the committee for not starting games at 2 AM in the morning.

CCS

Banned
CABOT IS SCUM CONFIRMED.

(Man, days ending half an hour after I wake up is going to fuck me over so bad)

cabot

Hello,

It appears I set the wrong time in the countdown.

The start time was always Tonight at 7pm,

It appears I set the countdown to 7am.

Classic.

The real Dark Souls #popMAFIA starts here:

pin_1479409200.png

cabot

Word to the wise, if the day phase is starting at 2AM in your local time then something is definitely wrong.

This was all just a test

cabot

CABOT IS SCUM CONFIRMED.

(Man, days ending half an hour after I wake up is going to fuck me over so bad)

I will also say that only Day 1 will start at 19.00 UTC

This is due to me going to see this queen tonight:

giphy.gif

(Julia Holter to the uninitiated)

Day Start/Ends will be 22.00 UTC onwards.

cabot

It's go time. Activate SLAY MODE

200.gif

Noodle shot OceanicAir for insulting cabot!

DAY 1 BEGINS

#popFLUFF is brought to you by Lone_Prodigy. Mostly.

"... and coming up, a review of Rick Astley's new album. But first, let's go back to cabot live at Inauguration Day."

The camera changes to cabot holding a bottle in his hands.

"...Are you drinking again?"
"No, it's water!"

LP raises a skeptical eyebrow. Millions Thousands HundredsTwo viewers swoon.

"Anything to report?"
"Well, no. That's why I was drinking water."

LP sighs. "We'll be back after this."

The OFFICIAL #popMAFIA playlist AM I POP? can be found HERE.

Curated by your loving moderator.

Day Phase Ends:
tur_1479767400.png

Alright, let's start Day 1 off right.

I'm Pitchfork.com. I can give a player a Shit Review once a night, leaving them incapable of performing any actions that night. I'm scum.

Vote: Not

Why? Because the idea of using the word "Not" as a proper noun is gonna be really annoying so I want to deal with that frustration for as little time as possible.

Sawneeks

Banned
3 posts and no gifs? #scumtells

J32LAsD.gif

Glad to see a bunch of familiar faces and some people I haven't played with in a long time as well as all the new faces in here! We're gonna #slay and show those other games how real mafia is played.

To get us started

Vote: kryptikjoker

Hello! I'm Sawneeks, nice to meet you! Since you're new here, have you ever played forum mafia before? What's your favorite kind of music? Post your favorite pop gif please. c:

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Vote: Lord of Castamere

He's quiet.... too quiet.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, my argument was so damn compelling everyone was stunned into silence! I'm glad finding scum is so damn easy, really gives me confidence about the direction of the game. Let's hammer CornBurrito and move on with things.

Top Bottom