• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Smashing Pumpkins thread

Diablos

edit: If the thread dies but updates come in, just BUMP THIS. Don't create like 10 more threads.

edit 2:Album title and release date: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5514567&postcount=428

So much for the tour in February, but that was an unconfirmed rumor anyway.

I waited until the time was right, and by the looks of this:

w0jse8.gif

...it's time to start getting excited.

This is not just some unconfirmed rumor, because it comes from http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/

:) :) :) :)

JOIN THE MAILING LIST! w00t!

Whatever they're doing will be on Warner Bros. (you'll soon find this out when you join the mailing list).

2007 :D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I know almost nothing about the Smashing pumpkins. What i do know is that they one song ive heard from them, "Disarm", Kicks major, MAJOR ass

As the Granpappy SP fan around here, might as well post something fun from my collection.

spauto.jpg

I'm actually kinda looking forward to this, even if it will never match the first run and my extremely obsessive fanboy behavior. I was a total SP freak from 1990-2000.

ColdBlooded33 said:
I know almost nothing about the Smashing pumpkins. What i do know is that they one song ive heard from them, "Disarm", Kicks major, MAJOR ass

Cuz they played it at the end of a Shield episode.

I've listened to them since my brother was quite a fan back then. My top fav. songs being 1979, Eye, and Today.

Diablos

distantmantra said:
As the Granpappy SP fan around here, might as well post something fun from my collection.

spauto.jpg

Awesome. I guess I should post my signed Jimmy Chamberlin Complex album, but that doesn't even come CLOSE.

SD-Ness

Yessss.

Today is the greatest
Day I've ever known
Can't live for tomorrow,
Tomorrow's much too long
I'll burn my eyes out
Before I get out

I wanted more
Than life could ever grant me
Bored by the chore
Of saving face

Today is the greatest
Day I've ever known
Can't wait for tomorrow
I might not have that long
I'll tear my heart out
Before I get out

Pink ribbon scars
That never forget
I tried so hard
To cleanse these regrets
My angel wings
Were bruised and restrained
My belly stings

Today is
Today is
Today is
The greatest day

I want to turn you on
I want to turn you on
I want to turn you on
I want to turn you

Today is the greatest
Today is the greatest day
Today is the greatest day
That I have ever really known

distantmantra said:

spauto.jpg

I'm actually kinda looking forward to this, even if it will never match the first run and my extremely obsessive fanboy behavior. I was a total SP freak from 1990-2000.

I don't see the image, if there is one. Someone rehost?

And yeah, i've been super pissed as of late. My mom decided to clean out my room, which apparently meant cleaning out most of my cd collection. So i'm left with my 1979, Zero, 33, and Tonight, Tonight singles. BWBW was thrown out, along with all my other cd's. Luckily I still have the TAFH box. But it's gonna take me a while to suck up paying $20 for each fucking CD (theyre so overpriced everywhere). Like a fucking dickhead, I sold my Siamese Dream vinyl (before I got my record player), so now im looking to get all their released on vinyl.
I had a pretty big collection. I have some shirts, 3 posters, bunch of stickers and patches, and shit. I went through a stage where i'd buy anything SP related. I probably had well over $500 in sp stuff at one point. <3 SP

Diablos

TAFH in new or like new condition goes for well over $300 IIRC.

edit: ^ that is incorrect.

edit 2: ^ THAT is incorrect. -_-

tsp_gatmog said:
I don't see the image, if there is one. Someone rehost?

It's my autographed (Billy, Jimmy, James, and Melissa) Stand Inside Your Love UK CD single. I can't fit my autographed Gish vinyl (original four) in the scanner, or I'd upload that.

I'd love to get my I Am One 7" signed, but I don't know if that will ever happen.

Diablos said:

Are you serious? Wow, mine is in pristine condition. I got it for Christmas the year it came out from my parents.

How much is the CD given away at the final show going for nowadays? Siamese Singles?

Diablos said:

I got it for $50 with all the inserts. The little owner sticker thingy didnt have someones name in it either. :)
So now i just have to find a used BWBW single, and im back in TAFH bidness.

distantmantra said:
It's my autographed (Billy, Jimmy, James, and Melissa) Stand Inside Your Love UK CD single. I can't fit my autographed Gish vinyl (original four) in the scanner, or I'd upload that.

I'd love to get my I Am One 7" signed, but I don't know if that will ever happen.

Are you serious? Wow, mine is in pristine condition.

How much is the CD given away at the final show going for nowadays? Siamese Singles?

I had that exact same single (plus the "Untitled" single), not signed though. Fuck

Siamese Singles (with the kick ass purple box) can easily go for $200.

tsp_gatmog said:
I had that exact same single (plus the "Untitled" single), not signed though. Fuck

Siamese Singles (with the kick ass purple box) can easily go for $200.

I have every official SP release ever made, plus close to 400 shows on CDr that I acquired over the years through trades. I was scary obsessive back then, I practically lived on AMSP in the good ol' days.

Diablos

Well, I thought I saw it listed as a used item on Amazon for $300, but that was by a seller. It seems that Virgin is actually selling it again for $35.

Sounds like some sellers were just taking advantage of the situation. I know I saw it listed for $300. Even I thought that was way too much, though.

distantmantra said:
I have every official SP release ever made, plus close to 400 shows on CDr that I acquired over the years through trades. I was scary obsessive back then, I practically lived on AMSP in the good ol' days.

that is fucking awesome man.
i have my fair share of live shows (in lossless formats), over 250. Plus all the demos and shit.

Diablos

tsp_gatmog said:
that is fucking awesome man.
i have my fair share of live shows (in lossless formats), over 250. Plus all the demos and shit.
You play a big role in ZOMB torrents, right?

Diablos said:
Well, I thought I saw it listed as a used item on Amazon for $300, but that was by a seller. It seems that Virgin is actually selling it again for $35.

Sounds like some sellers were just taking advantage of the situation. I know I saw it listed for $300. Even I thought that was way too much, though.

Selling what? Siamese singles? I have to get on that shit asap if its 35

Diablos said:
You play a big role in ZOMB torrents, right?

I used to, when they were first starting out. I was even a mod for the torrent site. But I just kinda...stopped going. Demodded me, but when they went down for a little bit, and went back, they made me a mod again. I think I still am :lol :lol

Diablos

It's a long story. Happened a couple years ago.

To make it short I posted some thread obsessing over a female SP fan.
Well, it just so happens it's FrenchMovieTheme's girlfriend.
She liked doing lots of cam pics, wearing SP shirts and such.
So I asked FMT to have her take a pic of her in her SP shirt holding up a sign that says "I <3 Diablos."

Instead, she wears a 49ers shirt and the sign says "DIABLOS KILLED THE PUMPKINS."

:(((

tsp_gatmog said:

You're new around here.

Resident GAF SP fans:
--Me
--Diablos
--French Movie Theme
--Terrene (OLD SCHOOL AMSPER!! LIKE ME)
--Jesiatha (old SP buddy, used to go to shows together)
--Alpha Snake

Diablos

AlphaSnake is just a wannabe! If it wasn't for me he'd still be listening to Incubus! :lol
Terrene has an awesome band.

You might as well add tsp_gatmog to the list, he's one of us.

distantmantra said:
You're new around here.

Resident GAF SP fans:
--Me
--Diablos
--French Movie Theme
--Terrene (OLD SCHOOL AMSPER!! LIKE ME)
--Jesiatha (old SP buddy, used to go to shows together)
--Alpha Snake

Actually, ive been here for over a year. I've just been banned for about 90% of that year :lol

edit: i even have tsp in my username! i should get something

tsp_gatmog said:
Actually, ive been here for over a year. I've just been banned for about 90% of that year :lol

edit: i even have tsp in my username! i should get something

I didn't know about you until recently, so that's why. I'll stick you on.

My fiance just walked into the room and heard about SP getting back together. She groaned and walked out of the room. She's heard my stories....

Diablos

distantmantra said:
My fiance just walked into the room and heard about SP getting back together. She groaned and walked out of the room. She's heard my stories....
Oh no! :(
I bet she can't stand them. :D

I'd be totally cool if they went back to a Machina/Machina 2 type of sound. I hope the first thing they do is release Machina 2 with direct feed, studio quality shit.

Diablos

tsp_gatmog said:
I'd be totally cool if they went back to a Machina/Machina 2 type of sound. I hope the first thing they do is release Machina 2 with direct feed, studio quality shit.
Oh hell yes.

NOT Machina though. Machina is overproduced and messy. Machina 2 on the other hand rocks. And the live show owns them both.

Like you said, they just need to do the album with a direct feed. Like their live show. I think Rock On was recorded live IIRC, but I'm not sure. They need to do a whole album like that.

I would REALLY love an album or bonus disc that has old songs revisted but played right. Like Nothing and Everything. Play that with the Machina live sound, keep the solo intact. Good lawd, that would rock my socks off.

distantmantra said:
She doesn't mind them, just afraid that I might turn into my old self. :)
Didn't you say you have all some of Billy's rants memorized? :eek: You're hardcore.

Diablos said:
Oh hell yes.

NOT Machina though. Machina is overproduced and messy. Machina 2 on the other hand rocks. And the live show owns them both.

Like you said, they just need to do the album with a direct feed. Like their live show. I think Rock On was recorded live IIRC, but I'm not sure. They need to do a whole album like that.

Didn't you say you have all some of Billy's rants memorized? :eek: You're hardcore.

I have some of the I Am One/GATGC/Rock On/Heavy Metal Machine rants memorized. Engraved into my skull

WE ARE THE MACHINES
WE SPEAK THIS DREAM
WE ARRRE THE MACHINES
OF GOD
OF GOD

Diablos

I think it's cool his fiance actually likes them to some extent. It's just that distantmantra is hardcore :D

tsp_gatmog said:
I have some of the I Am One/GATGC/Rock On/Heavy Metal Machine rants memorized. Engraved into my skull

WE ARE THE MACHINES
WE SPEAK THIS DREAM
WE ARRRE THE MACHINES
OF GOD
OF GOD

GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMGIMGIMGIM NOTHINNNNNNN!!!

I mean, seriously, I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I watched I Am One during the Lost '94 Tapes. He breaks down.

Then he starts hitting the microphone. My god. He was probably seeing things (acid).

Diablos said:

Yep. I haven't listened to shows in ages, but I could start listening right now and not only sing along, but I've memorized each rant for each show.

If only I could remember more important things...

Rock On was recorded live, or atleast in one take. It's the only officially released track Melissa worked on.

Diablos said:
I think it's cool his fiance actually likes them to some extent. It's just that distantmantra is hardcore :D

GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMGIMGIMGIM NOTHINNNNNNN!!!

I mean, seriously, I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I watched I Am One during the Lost '94 Tapes. He breaks down.

Then he starts hitting the microphone. My god. He was probably seeing things (acid).

WHAT YOU WANT IS WHAT YOU GIT AND THATS NUTHIN!

NOTHIN!!!

NOTHINN!!!

NAATHIINNN!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom