• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Plus announced for PSVita

Sweet. Was debating getting it on consoles but l haven't really played fighters hardcore lately so this seems like an easy fit. Just something to pass the time while listening to podcasts before i go to bed

Skilletor

With as good as DOA5 looks on consoles I doubt they'll be able to maintain any semblance of visual parity. It'll have gimped models like Mortal Kombat or run at a sub-native resolution or both.

So? MK plays amazing. If DoA only looks as good as DoA4 on 3DS and plays as good as DoA5 does, then I'll be happy.

DoA fans rejoice as they'll finally get a girl in their pants.

:D

Ok, I'm happy about this since I planned to get a Vita nevertheless next year (as I already own Persona 4 Golden but nothing to play it on) so this will be added to my Vita collection together with Sigma 2 Vimake.

But... I seriously rather expected them to bring a plus-kinda version to the Wii U tbh after all that bonding and friendship with Nintendo. Or even 3DS, after Dimensions. Then again, rumours of Ninja Gaiden 3 "Sigma" being announced for whatever else after the WiiU "exclusive launch" title seems to dictate they are maybe friends, but not loyal friends (so they are no ninja DOG after all? This is inconsistent narrative here...)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
MBisonYES!YES!.gif

But I still gotta finish up the online achievements in the PS3 version which is broken as hell and dying. :(

Wasn't interested in 5 on console due to TTT2, P4A, and other fighting games taking up my time. DOA5 on the go would easily be an impulse buy depending on when they release it.

Shtof

Does Plus mean it will be free for Playstation Plus subcribers?

Of course it will some time, just not at launch

I guess the 3DS game didn't sell that good...or that underpowered hardware is bitting in the ass again.
It didn't (310k shipped it's first 4 months), but it still outsold NGS+ by a huge margin. The only Vita game that's done as well or better so far is Uncharted GA, so don't count on DOA5+ breaking that trend.

With as good as DOA5 looks on consoles I doubt they'll be able to maintain any semblance of visual parity. It'll have gimped models like Mortal Kombat or run at a sub-native resolution or both.
I have no fears whatsoever. They rushed a PS3 engine game out there for launch and while it was 30fps, it was a stable 30 even with tons of enemies, was gorgeous, and ran at native resolution. I imagine NGS2+ will only look better, and this will look even better still because of the relatively confined environments and only 2 (or 4) character models at any one time.

I only wish I hadn't already plugged so many hours into the PS3 version :-[

B.O.O.M

It didn't (310k shipped it's first 4 months), but it still outsold NGS+ by a huge margin. The only Vita game that's done as well or better so far is Uncharted GA, so don't count on DOA5+ breaking that trend.

Don't think we even have shipped numbers for most of vita titles to even come to that conclusion.

As for NGS+....that game has been done over god knows how many times. I'm sure they are happy with the sales

TheSeks

Please to be cross-play/buy for the online and outfits, respectively. Marvel 3's online community is dead due to lack of cross-play.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

well Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom on Vita is almost a perfect port with 60fps+native resolution.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus on Vita uses same engine as DOA5 is also native resolution with 2xAA (but 30fps),so yeah I just think the port will be fine.

Takao

Banned
Don't think we even have shipped numbers for most of vita titles to even come to that conclusion.

As for NGS+....that game has been done over god knows how many times. I'm sure they are happy with the sales

Well, they wouldn't be doing Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus if they were disappointed with the first port's sales.

TheSeks

DoA fans rejoice as they'll finally get a girl in their pants.

Speaking of which: Did you get DOA5 on 360/PS3 since they gave classic Bayman/outfit out for free on launch?

If they were gonna do that, it'd just be called DOA5.

They mentioned a feature patch later in the year, so that could possibly patch in cross-play with DOA5/consoles.

B.O.O.M

Well, they wouldn't be doing Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus if they were disappointed with the first port's sales.

Yep pretty much. This is why I expect sequels to Ragnarok and AC:L also because they have showed that they are happy with the sales so far

Squire

Banned
They need to add screenshot exporting on consoles, but I'm sure you'll be able to screencap this on Vita. Hope the models don't look like ass. DOAP, ugh.

It's not perfect. Worse character models, horrible effects, and static backdrops.
I thought the character models were pretty much identical, but yeah, the hit effects and backgrounds were sad.

From what I've seen, SFxT didn't make sacrifices in the backgrounds, but instead totally removed all shadows and runs at sub-native resolution. I think Marvel wins.

Hope the models don't look like ass. DOAP, ugh.
DOA Dimensions is one of 3DS' best-looking games. I have faith in what they can do on Vita.

Speaking of which: Did you get DOA5 on 360/PS3 since they gave classic Bayman/outfit out for free on launch?

Yeah, got in during BF sales.

Life preserver all day! :3

Haven't had time to open it yet. Need to stop dicking around on internet and finish freelance work, then play video games. :(

Dead or Alive on a device with a touchscreen?
animation1dfg2zq7g.gif

Indeed.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Damnit, I KNEW IT! Shouldn't have purchased the XBox 360 DLC.

Gyro features, please. You know what I'm talking about.

Elios83

Excellent, now I can sell the PS3 version :p
Hopefully there are new stages (some old classic ones would be nice).
Who knows how they're going to use the touch features :D

Squalltdx

Nice to hear. I haven't bought the PS3 version so I'll wait to see how this turns out. It's kind of funny how a DOA game is coming with Tekken no where in sight at the moment. It used to be the opposite for a while there.

B.O.O.M

Nice to hear. I haven't bought the PS3 version so I'll wait to see how this turns out. It's kind of funny how a DOA game is coming with Tekken no where in sight at the moment. It used to be the opposite for a while there.

I'm actually hoping it means a Tekken DR like situation where the vita version will have at least one brand new character included. But yeah I await Tekken eagerly! Most played game on the psp

I have a feeling they are working on a portable TTT2. I'd double dip so fast for a portable version since the game is controller friendly to me even though I play on stick.

Top Bottom