• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Company Of Heroes 2 Announced On PC Gamer Cover [Unveiling May 7th]

YES, loved COH. Relic RTS multiplayer is so much more appealing to me than Starcraft as it emphasizes tactics over micromanagement. Not worried about the THQ situation, Relic and Volition are guaranteed to be picked up if THQ goes under.

Wiktor

In the 40K fiction the battles are like 100 times more massive than WW2 battles, so I don't think that necessarily means anything regarding gameplay..

In fiction? Sure, but the game was just WH40K, not WH40K Epic :)
Personally I think they will keep the large battles in COH2. It doesn't make much sense to create two similiar RTS-es, only in different settings. This way both COH2 and DOW2/3 can have their own identities.

So is Relic doing DoWIII and CoH2?

All things point to exactly that.

Mindlog

I wonder what they plan on doing with unit movement. If they'd like to offer CoH as a tournament product they'll have to take on official stand one way or the other.

Are they going to keep the classic movement or will they incorporate more advanced options into the game?

Saty

original.jpg

"Briefings begin May 7"

http://kotaku.com/5907619/company-of-heroes-2-begins-war-on-gaming-press

ArjanN

In fiction? Sure, but the game was just WH40K, not WH40K Epic :)
Personally I think they will keep the large battles in COH2. It doesn't make much sense to create two similiar RTS-es, only in different settings. This way both COH2 and DOW2/3 can have their own identities.

Well DoW2 and CoH were pretty similar in unit numbers. There's enough other stuff to set them apart. Also, I think having masses of units doesn't really make for a good RTS.

Oh man oh man oh man...

Please based-gabe let Relic adopt the e-sports stuff in steamworks that we see in Dota 2 for this game.

zoku88

Oh man oh man oh man...

Please based-gabe let Relic adopt the e-sports stuff in steamworks that we see in Dota 2 for this game.

?

I haven't actually played the Dota 2 beta yet (too scared since I've never played a Dota game before.)

What are you talking about?

Top Bottom