• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

NZerker12

Top props to cdkeys, they cancelled my pre-order and refunded my Paypal payment within 15 minutes of me submitting a support ticket.

On a Sunday!

Wow I'm surprised most places you have to wait until Monday. Well now you can get it from GamesPlanet and get Black now.

f@luS

More than a member.
I just preordered the deluxe edition on Psn for 90$ but reading the OT I get futur trunks from super but no black it's only for day one edition ?

NZerker12

I just preordered the deluxe edition on Psn for 90$ but reading the OT I get futur trunks from super but no black it's only for day one edition ?

I think if you preordered from PSN you should get the DLC.

『Inaba Resident』;221219367 said:
Coming off of the first one, this seems very similar it going off of some videos I've watched. Are there any major changes gameplay wise?

There are quite a lot of changes, for instance Super Saiyan no longer drains Ki and can no longer do super/ultimate spam, you can do a stamina break which is supposed to be High risk/High Reward and Parallel quests have improved RNG and you are guaranteed a drop upon Ultimate finish. These are just a few but there are many other changes and improvements.

It's incredibly frustrating trying to play this as someone actively avoiding Super spoilers. *sigh*

there likely won't be any Super content in the base game outside of two characters. If anything they may use the Super adaptation of the two movies, but beyond that, since characters from the third arc are confirmed DLC, you likely won't have to worry about spoilers.

Fj0823

there likely won't be any Super content in the base game outside of two characters. If anything they may use the Super adaptation of the two movies, but beyond that, since characters from the third arc are confirmed DLC, you likely won't have to worry about spoilers.

Some of Blacks English lines completely destroy the mystery of his origin.

"With this Body, I can do anything!!"

Mugaaz

Some of Blacks English lines completely destroy the mystery of his origin.

"With this Body, I can do anything!!"

How exactly does that line spoil anything? Even if it did, which I don't believe it does, playing as a character from a storyline you haven't seen is by definition a spoiler of that character.

Fj0823

How exactly does that line spoil anything? Even if it did, which I don't believe it does, playing as a character from a storyline you haven't seen is by definition a spoiler of that character.

It automatically tells you that

A)
He's not Goku in any way
B)
It's a stolen body

Which are late game revelations, remember, at the beginning the characters thought he was a
Perfect Goku replica created with the Dragon Balls to serve Zamasu
, as Wiss theorized.

Slaythe

It automatically tells you that

A)
He's not Goku in any way
B)
It's a stolen body

Which are late game revelations, remember, at the beginning the characters thought he was a
Perfect Goku replica created with the Dragon Balls to serve Zamasu
, as Wiss theorized.

I'm gonna stop you right here.

Some of the first things Black said were :

"Your death will mark the extinction of the Saiyan race" which implies he is not a Saiyan himself (or doesn't consider himself to be), thus not Goku, and "I wanted to fight you with this body". implied he acquired Goku's body.

What happened later wasn't a red herring, it was just the characters trying to make sense of the situation. We knew from very early on what was going on.

Raxious

Still not sure if I should pick up this game or Skyrim for PS4 :eek:
I really enjoyed the first Xenoverse, but the MP felt kinda boring and just didn't click for me.

Slaythe

Still not sure if I should pick up this game or Skyrim for PS4 :eek:
I really enjoyed the first Xenoverse, but the MP felt kinda boring and just didn't click for me.

PS4 heh ?

Get XV2.

If you're going from XV 1 ps4 to this, you'll feel delighted. Technically it's a different game, 60 FPS, no aggressive bloom, dynamic contrast and AA. It's still not a "looker" but it super super smooth. Especially in comparison to XV 1.

They improved the mechanics a lot, made the multiplayer zone much bigger, there are much more things to do now.

And they have a "limitations battle mode" online, so that everybody has the same level, which means you can play for fun and not get destroyed by no lifers.

Fj0823

I'm gonna stop you right here.

Some of the first things Black said were :

"Your death will mark the extinction of the Saiyan race" which implies he is not a Saiyan himself (or doesn't consider himself to be), thus not Goku, and "I wanted to fight you with this body". implied he acquired Goku's body.

What happened later wasn't a red herring, it was just the characters trying to make sense of the situation. We knew from very early on what was going on.

You're totally right.

I stand corrected.

Any suggestions on what moves/items to attach to my XV1 character for porting over?

I'd suggest moves that were hard to obtain or late-game unlockables, since the same will likely be the case in XV2 (minus the shoddy RNG). Alternatively, you can just go with what you enjoy, since you'll have those moves available for your new character once you get far enough in the tutorial. I don't know how your XV1 character will be handled story-wise, but I'll be shocked if you don't fight alongside them or against them in the story, so that might also influence your decision.

Revven

Can't find confirmation. I like black more than trunks hope it does include it which would be stupid if it doesn't as deluxe is more expensive

You'll get Black. The digital deluxe is the same as the physical deluxe edition which is said to include Black as well. Basically, anything bought on release day gets Black because he's technically not a pre-order bonus; he's just part of the first print run of the game.

Sagroth

No, 3 is as high as they can go.

I'm expecting the ability to go SSB(and Perhaps SS God) will be available as a skill in a DLC, much as Unleash Potential was in Xenoverse 1.

Edit: speaking of which, can Unlock Potential be ported over on my Xenoverse 1 character? Does porting over a skill make it available to others?

Slaythe

I'm expecting the ability to go SSB(and Perhaps SS God) will be available as a skill in a DLC, much as Unleash Potential was in Xenoverse 1.

No, it won't.

First of all SSB is not a skill in this game since the SSB variants are characters of their own, and second ,they wouldn't give that to saiyans while other race get nothing that can compare.

If they decide to add "god forms" for all races (like Heroes did) that sure as hell isn't happening in DLCs for this game, maybe XV 3 at best.

No, it won't.

First of all SSB is not a skill in this game since the SSB variants are characters of their own, and second ,they wouldn't give that to saiyans while other race get nothing that can compare.

If they decide to add "god forms" for all races (like Heroes did) that sure as hell isn't happening in DLCs for this game, maybe XV 3 at best.

if memory serves Adult Gohan's Unlocked Potential transformation is different from the one your character can use, so it wouldn't be all that out there to have custom character abilities differ from existing characters.

*edit*: Yeah, it's called Potential Unleashed in-game and apparently it works just like Super Saiyan 3.

I saw a good idea in a YT video that suggested SSB could just be a reskinned SSJ3 stat wise. It would be a cosmetic transformation more than anything, just like Potential Unleashed.

Revven

What does Stamina Break do, and how can I tell if I did it to someone?

There's two ways to stamina break someone.

1) A new move called "Stamina Break" that you can perform by pressing either forward square or forward triangle; the square one is a gut punch (generally) the triangle one is one that knocks them down to the ground. This move completely gets rid of any stamina they had while stunning them for a few frames to give you a chance to continue to combo them. Think back to Infinite World or Burst Limit for something similar except in this game it directly impacts one of your resources. When their stamina is gone from this, it recovers a bit more quickly than the other method of breaking someone's stamina.

or

2) Breaking someone's guard and/or armor during a transformation/ultimate attack. If you charge a heavy attack (press and hold triangle) while someone is either guarding or they are transforming (generally Saiyans or Namekians only afaik, the others don't have armor during their transformations) or performing an ultimate attack (generally, not all ultimates have armor) and you let it go fully charged on their guard/armor, you'll notice a special animation plays when you've broken their guard/armor. That indicates to you that you have completely broken their stamina. It's similar to, say, how in Smash if someone has a small shield and you charge a smash attack you'll most likely break their shield.

Their stamina bar will go to zero and they will be vulnerable to attacks for a lot longer than the first method as the stamina recovers more slowly than the first one.

Breaking their stamina prevents them from:

Dashing
Snap Vanishing (aka escaping your combos/supers/ults)
Using Evasive moves (i.e Angry Shout, Explosive Wave, etc)
Block/Guard

You'll definitely notice in this game when you break someone's stamina as not only are there visual cues but you can also see everyone's stamina bar now.

McNum

Oh, so if someone misses their Super Kamehameha, you can fly up and hold Heavy Attack to really make them hate life for a few moments. Being Stamina broken means you can't block or evade at all, right? Just fly out of there to recover, but there's a new dash to catch them.

Hm, this also means that having a high max stamina is diminishing returns. If you can lose all of it and you have a Super Saiyan build going on, you'll never regain all your Stamina if you have 7-8 bars of it. The lowered Stamina recovery really hurts Super Saiyans if they get under pressure.

Santar

I really hope the PC port turns out okay. The first Xenoverse pc ver was done by Dimps and it's great, runs very well even on lower spec hardware.
For some reason QLOC is handling the PC version of Xenoverse 2. Hopefully they do a similarly good job.
Didn't God Eater 2 (also by QLOC) on pc have some crappy online only DRM or something? Really hope this doesn't have that.

Revven

Oh, so if someone misses their Super Kamehameha, you can fly up and hold Heavy Attack to really make them hate life for a few moments. Being Stamina broken means you can't block or evade at all, right? Just fly out of there to recover, but there's a new dash to catch them.

Yes, they can't block, evade, or dash away. They're completely vulnerable once their stamina is gone (so you don't even need to use a Burst Dash to catch them as all they can do is move around normally at the standard hovering speed).

I really hope the PC port turns out okay. The first Xenoverse pc ver was done by Dimps and it's great, runs very well even on lower spec hardware.
For some reason QLOC is handling the PC version of Xenoverse 2. Hopefully they do a similarly good job.
Didn't God Eater 2 (also by QLOC) on pc have some crappy online only DRM or something? Really hope this doesn't have that.

Actually, QLOC did the port of XV1 to PC as well. So, it being the same guys is actually a good thing.

ezodagrom

QLOC handled Xenoverse 1 too.
http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...830/74153D03407060EDF94CF9E848F209016AAAF97F/

Santar

Yes, they can't block, evade, or dash away. They're completely vulnerable once their stamina is gone (so you don't even need to use a Burst Dash to catch them as all they can do is move around normally at the standard hovering speed).

Actually, QLOC did the port of XV1 to PC as well. So, it being the same guys is actually a good thing.

Really? That's great! (as long as we don't get that DRM)
Hopefully they do as great a job on this as they did on the first one.

LordKasual

Banned
Can anyone confirm the strengths/limitations of Super Sayian / Kaioken?

I know in XV1 it depleted your Ki and higher levels very slightly increased strength and defense, but the big thing was the infinite Ki.

Now that that's gone....you basically just transform at your highest Ki and then fight as normal? Is the strength/defense buff noticable at all? (It absolutely wasn't in XV1) How do you knock them out of it? Does their stamina break?

Edit:

And did they fix the issue where having higher stamina means you're vulnerable longer when you get stamina broken? I can see that potentially being a massive problem in this game.

BigEmil

『Inaba Resident』;221219367 said:
Coming off of the first one, this seems very similar it going off of some videos I've watched. Are there any major changes gameplay wise?
Well for one its 60fps on console now so that's a good visual change on top of sligthly improved visual effects and outside of that battle system seems more refined and improved including hit detection etc, roster on disc from launch is huge and other improvements, additions etc.
XV2 is better than XV1 in every way

Revven

Can anyone confirm the strengths/limitations of Super Sayian / Kaioken?

I know in XV1 it depleted your Ki and higher levels very slightly increased strength and defense, but the big thing was the infinite Ki.

Now that that's gone....you basically just transform at your highest Ki and then fight as normal? Is the strength/defense buff noticable at all? (It absolutely wasn't in XV1) How do you knock them out of it? Does their stamina break?

Edit:

And did they fix the issue where having higher stamina means you're vulnerable longer when you get stamina broken? I can see that potentially being a massive problem in this game.

To answer your question about Super Saiyan, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kydGHW6WDnU (it shows the % differences using training mode, but only for Blast supers/ults, doesn't check strikes because he had limited time)

We don't know how much of an increase for Kaioken yet but it's largely the same according to some people who used it in the open beta with one of Goku's variations, the drain to stamina just isn't as severe and when you reach something like 5 Ki bars you can go into Kaioken x20 and you still have the benefit of snap vanishes (and I think evasives, still? But I may be wrong about that) not consuming stamina.

As to your question about stamina recovery, they have clearly intended having more stamina bars = longer time to recover the stamina. So no, it has not been changed.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
One thing left out of the first post about female majin

They recover from stam break at an accelerated rate *almost double* and passively have 20% higher defense. They are very different from male majin.

Edit: Also the brightness settings disable that ugly grey filter

Deadstar

I wish that the frieza race had more transformations like frieza had. Transformation 1 with the horns, then 2 with the long face, then 3 no horns transformation, then 4 buff frieza transformation, then 5 golden frieza.

mileS

PS4 heh ?

Get XV2.

If you're going from XV 1 ps4 to this, you'll feel delighted. Technically it's a different game, 60 FPS, no aggressive bloom, dynamic contrast and AA. It's still not a "looker" but it super super smooth. Especially in comparison to XV 1.

They improved the mechanics a lot, made the multiplayer zone much bigger, there are much more things to do now.

And they have a "limitations battle mode" online, so that everybody has the same level, which means you can play for fun and not get destroyed by no lifers.

I only had 20min with the beta. Is the bloom toned down now? I couldn't really notice. Loved the option to turn it off on PC but I think I'm going ps4 for XV2.

Edit: Also the brightness settings disable that ugly grey filter
This is one thing I did get to mess with on the beta. What a difference it makes. Hope everyone tweaks it better.

I was initially bummed by how much XV2 looked more like an expansion than a sequel, but after reading the descriptions of the changes in the combat system, it looks like a ton of work was made under the hood. Really looking forward to getting the game this weekend

Top Bottom