• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

How are you resizing those? Some program or a site? I should probably be doing it myself before I post them heh.

i'm just using windows paint on my pc. when you take pics send/upload them in a smaller size and it'll fit on the forums easier. if you send pics full pixel, it'll look like you're staring into a microscope =P

i'm just using windows paint on my pc. when you take pics send/upload them in a smaller size and it'll fit on the forums easier. if you send pics full pixel, it'll look like you're staring into a microscope =P
Either that or use Flickr and export them to here from that in a smaller size. I think he's using imgur or something and their compression is god awful.

firelogic

I've gone and ordered the following RG kits:
- RX-78
- Strike Freedom
- Sinanju

I think I'm addicted...

Edit: 6 RG kits down (Red Frame, Mk-II, Gold Frame, and the above), 18 to go!

This thing.

I'm lazy bruh...

Okay yeah the 2.0. I dunno exactly how beginner friendly it is as I've been putting together MGs for awhile now, but I don't think it's too hard as long as you take it slow and make sure you're following the instructions carefully. Even so, I managed to put several pieces in the wrong way round, but surprisingly the whole thing was easy to deconstruct and fix. I was actually kinda impressed how easy it was to correct the errors.

It's a newer design, so it's more intuitive than some of the older kits, more complex, but more intuitive. So I think you'll be okay.

Okay yeah the 2.0. I dunno exactly how beginner friendly it is as I've been putting together MGs for awhile now, but I don't think it's too hard as long as you take it slow and make sure you're following the instructions carefully. Even so, I managed to put several pieces in the wrong way round, but surprisingly the whole thing was easy to deconstruct and fix. I was actually kinda impressed how easy it was to correct the errors.

It's a newer design, so it's more intuitive than some of the older kits, more complex, but more intuitive. So I think you'll be okay.
It's always the very small things with me. Sometimes an open space piece will get put in the wrong way and then I'll have to break the arm or leg down to correct it. Funny story, when I was building the Rezel while doing the legs I was following the instructions for the left leg and the the left leg turned into the right leg and vice versa. Do not ask me how that happened. What is a beginner friendly MG?

It's always the very small things with me. Sometimes an open space piece will get put in the wrong way and then I'll have to break the arm or leg down to correct it. Funny story, when I was building the Rezel while doing the legs I was following the instructions for the left leg and the the left leg turned into the right leg and vice versa. Do not ask me how that happened. What is a beginner friendly MG?

I'd say any of the simpler kits in my opinion. GMs tend to be very basic builds, like the one I just put together a few days ago. The kits are honestly a bit closer to Re1/100s making them a nice entry level I think.

Beth Cyra

Gundam friends.

Do any of you know a good tattoo artist that can help create the design for a tattoo? I want to combine two images but am having a hard time with it.

Laputa_94

Started building my MG Zeta 2.0. Fun build so far.

5BMOmGm.jpg

MG Duel Gundam Assault Shroud is complete!

This time I'm copying it from instagram, let's see if this helps the size.

As I feared, the skirt armor parts of the Assault Shroud were a bitch. Also gave up on the waterslides for the Assault Shroud parts, just went with the stickers and dry-transfers.

Anyway, hopefully GundamPlanet can stock the Buster again before I get paid next week. If not, I guess Blitz will be next.

Beth Cyra

😓

I should have stayed silent
Lol oh come on, is my nerd side showing to much?

Seriously though I just adore angel wings so they are a good starting base and I love the energy effect (main thing I'm taking from them) and as sad as it is and I'm self aware to know the wings will be the least cringe worthy thing I've tattooed thanks to nerd culture lol.

Lol oh come on, is my nerd side showing to much?

Seriously though I just adore angel wings so they are a good starting base and I love the energy effect (main thing I'm taking from them) and as sad as it is and I'm self aware to know the wings will be the least cringe worthy thing I've tattooed thanks to nerd culture lol.

My wife has a lot of trouble understanding why I like Gundam (especially since a large chunk of franchise I kinda think is pretty poorly written) and a part of her difficulty in understanding is lack of interest in Mech Designs. She generally finds most of them bleh or unmemorable, but The EW Zero she thinks looks really really cool and pretty. I think she's planning to get me the MG for my next Bday.

Beth Cyra

My wife has a lot of trouble understanding why I like Gundam (especially since a large chunk of franchise I kinda think is pretty poorly written) and a part of her difficulty in understanding is lack of interest in Mech Designs. She generally finds most of them bleh or unmemorable, but The EW Zero she thinks looks really really cool and pretty. I think she's planning to get me the MG for my next Bday.
I very much agree with your wife on Zero and your thoughts on writing in Gundam.

Zero EW is one pretty machine but that is why I've fallen out of love with it over the years. All Gundam look silly as fuck and none really a machine of death, however Wing would be the Runway Model or Jonny Deep of Gundam designs where it's clearly made to be hot to the eye instead of an actual combat Mech.

Only gundam with writing problems are turn a and build fighters, otherwise I dont understand the complaint. Mech design is valid, personally its hard to like any without key features (wings are a must, swords) or enhancements (backpacks, modules, bits)

Beth Cyra

Only gundam with writing problems are turn a and build fighters, otherwise I dont understand the complaint. Mech design is valid, personally its hard to like any without key features (wings are a must, swords) or enhancements (backpacks, modules, bits)
Opinions friend but the vast majority Gundams writing is at high school levels or below with the bulk of stories being either just plain bad or being rip offs of previous Gundam stories which most aren't bad so it's not a good starting canvas.

Let's not even talk about some of the asexual character "growth" for series like Wing, Destiny, and ZZ Gundam.

TheFlow

Banned
Opinions friend but the vast majority Gundams writing is at high school levels or below with the bulk of stories being either just plain bad or being rip offs of previous Gundam stories which most aren't bad so it's not a good starting canvas.

Let's not even talk about some of the asexual character "growth" for series like Wing, Destiny, and ZZ Gundam.

disagree.

lol I would imagine most in a Gundam thread would so I think your in good company there Flow :)

Seriously though I respect the love for Gundam but at least imo this is one of the single worst written franchises that has stayed popular of all time.
Gundam is about as well written as Metal Gear Solid at times. MGS is perfectly fine in the first ant third games, but weird in 2 and 4, which 4 being the pinnacle of Kojima bat shittery.

TheFlow

Banned
lol I would imagine most in a Gundam thread would so I think your in good company there Flow :)

Seriously though I respect the love for Gundam but at least imo this is one of the single worst written franchises that has stayed popular of all time.

opinions and all.

Wheres the Modern Take on Turn A?

I mean it's almost like it's the target demogra... nah that can't be it.

But yeah I agree and disagree. Gundam is all over the place in quality. But lets face it, every long running franchise has a lot of "wait thats pretty bad" moments that most people just brush over. Star Wars, Trek, Marvel, DC, ect. ect. Different writers, teams, and budgets.

Beth Cyra

I mean it's almost like it's the target demogra... nah that can't be it.

But yeah I agree and disagree. Gundam is all over the place in quality. But lets face it, every long running franchise has a lot of "wait thats pretty bad" moments that most people just brush over. Star Wars, Trek, Marvel, DC, ect. ect. Different writers, teams, and budgets.
lol I know the demo but you can have well written stuff for that market and in anime as well :)

Also your one hundred percent right that there is good and bad in every series and while my last few posts don't show it I adore badly written trash.

Wing and ZZ? Favorite Gundams.

Star Wars Episode 2? Favorite SW

Metal Gear Solid 2? Loved it.

So me taking a shovel to Gundam's face is an act of love in my eyes.

TheFlow

Banned
I think 0079 is well written and my fav. The lore and backstories <3

Anyway what if I told you guys I will have a kitfinished today!

The out hint is that it is gorgeous

NEO0MJ

Says the guy with a photoshopped Tom Servo avatar...

What are you talking about this is obviously Gruntilda's design from Banjo Kazooies Nuts & Bolts which was originally released on the Xbox 360. She received her new mechanicl body from L.O.G. after her skeletal body was destroyed after the events of Banjo Tooie.

Lolol.

I love Gundam Gaf even if y'all need to give me the shifty eye every now and then.

To be fair we try to give everyone a hard time.

What are you talking about this is obviously Gruntilda's design from Banjo Kazooies Nuts & Bolts which was originally released on the Xbox 360. She received her new mechanicl body from L.O.G. after her skeletal body was destroyed after the events of Banjo Tooie.
I have never played a Banjo and Kazooie game and I could have sworn at some point you had a Tom Servo avatar.

Top Bottom