• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LucasArts: "Amazing news coming Monday [...] awesome news for our old school fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

todahawk

666 said:
Meh. So no Tie Fighter remake...

tie_pilot.jpg

epmode

Google said:
1) A very good assumption would be yes. Why would they choose to re-release the original version without the talkie?
In Loom's case, the talkie version actually has less content than the original release. This is because the audio was entirely uncompressed and they couldn't fit the entire game's dialogue.
maniac-kun said:
fuck twitter and firms that try to marked bullshit with it
Agreed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Whoa, I got it right.

Damn. I'm GOOD.

:lol

Win for PC users. Hopefully some of the classic stuff I've been waiting on will appear, i.e. Monkey Island II.

Sqorgar

Banned
Google said:
1) A very good assumption would be yes. Why would they choose to re-release the original version without the talkie?
I'm having trouble getting used to the new "hey, we made adventure games!" LucasArts, so I'm still expecting the other shoe to drop. Maybe they'll price the games at $50 each - then I'll know that I'm not stuck in bizarro world.

"The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition will be made available on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PC via Steam and other online distribution channels."

maximus.gif

Secret of Monkey Island on LIVE Arcade? Are you not entertained?!

xsarien

daedsiluap
I know beggars can't be choosers and all that, but where the fuck is Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle?

Xater

pixel monkey said:
"The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition will be made available on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PC via Steam and other online distribution channels."

http://www.grudge-match.com/Images/maximus.gif[IMG]

Secret of Monkey Island on LIVE Arcade? Are you not entertained?![/QUOTE]

That's not news.

TheExodu5

Banned
Awesome announcement. Never played any of these games myself. Which would be my essential starting point? Any game that can run in windowed mode or at native 1680*1050 resolution gets bonus points.

duckroll

Can someone make a new thread for this with the press release and news? I'll just lock this up after that, that should help streamline discussion.

TheExodu5 said:
Awesome announcement. Never played any of these games myself. Which would be my essential starting point? Any game that can run in windowed mode or at native 1680*1050 resolution gets bonus points.

Of the just announced, start with Fate of Atlantis.

We spoke with LucasArts CEO Darrell Rodriguez, who told us that this is "a passion project" for him as well as his team. "This is the first time these titles have ever been on digital distribution, and it's something we're all very excited about," he told us this morning. "And this is just the beginning."

When asked about the possibility of portable ports, notably the iPhone or PSP Go, Rodriguez noted, "On iPhone, you know Apple's policy that we can't talk about a release until it's ready to release. But it would make sense that we would do something like that if we were to go in that direction ... wink wink, nod, nod."

A nice write up about the Steam announcement on the stick of joy. Sounds like Iphone versions are in the works.

SuperEnemyCrab said:
A nice write up about the Steam announcement on the stick of joy. Sounds like Iphone versions are in the works.

Well now my ears perk up a bit more. At least they would be on a platform they've never been on in this case although the overall annoucement is still a big meh.

RJT

TheExodu5 said:
Fate of Atlantis. My favourite adventure game by far, and the only one I actually finished.

epmode

pixel monkey said:
Grim Fandango via LIVE Arcade. Now THAT would be epic.
A 4:3 2D game running at 640x480 would require a full remake to get on XBLA. Unless you want Backbone to ruin it, I guess.

Not only that, I don't trust ANYONE to do justice to Grim Fandango.

Minsc said:
So what are the chances of Steam ever looking like something not out of the ICQ era?

I like it's aesthetics, however they really need to make an alternative view for the games browser, I'm thinking something more akin to the Vista Games Explorer thingy. 10x10 pixel icons or whatever it is doesn't cut it for the richness of the medium.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
maybe the games not availiable (Full Throttle, Sam and Max) are not there because they will be HD-ified like Monkey Island?

Prety please?

Am I the only one who wonders why Steam doesn't work on Apple machines and how this could be a bad thing? I like how Lucasarts is releasing their older titles for play, but not allowing everyone one to access them is kind of mean.

SRG01

drizzle said:
maybe the games not availiable (Full Throttle, Sam and Max) are not there because they will be HD-ified like Monkey Island?

Prety please?

Oh God, Full Throttle HD would be hot.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
drizzle said:

Prety please?

That depends on the sales of Monkey Island: SE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom