• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X |OT| Import Solution Found

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Since I'm done with DQXI, I jumped back into DQX to finish the 3.x story.
Today, I was able to clear 3.1 and wow, people who said that 3.x bosses are much harder than previous ones weren't kidding (and my party has 4 lv 99 characters).

I'm very glad that I finally hit 99 on my 魔戦 and started working on skills. Got my 1HS to 150 and the difference is huge - instead of hitting for ~100-200 when under Kabuff, I can now spam sword skills which do a total of 800-1000 damage. Now I only need to get a few of the other classes a bit higher (already got most of the passives I need) to have my Shield skill at 150 too.

demonkaze

So now that the PS4 beta has started, any new of the IP block there? I'm sure it probably is but I want to start playing the game again and I'd rather play it on the PS4 than on the PC.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So now that the PS4 beta has started, any new of the IP block there? I'm sure it probably is but I want to start playing the game again and I'd rather play it on the PS4 than on the PC.
I mentioned the Switch IP block when you asked for it earlier in the thread and to be honest it would be extremely weird if the PS4 version didn't have it. It's still the same servers and all the other versions (3DS version aside, but that's streaming, not running the actual client) have it.

Caim

It probably does, but I'm sure you can use a VPN or a proxy server (I did this when I used to play Dragon's Dogma Online) and will probably try doing the same thing once the PS4 of DQX releases.

demonkaze

It probably does, but I'm sure you can use a VPN or a proxy server (I did this when I used to play Dragon's Dogma Online) and will probably try doing the same thing once the PS4 of DQX releases.

I used to do this before when I used to play it on the PC but now I have a problem where my PC is causing my PS4 to give me an IP ban when both are turned on.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Phew, finished 3.2 story today. I loved the puzzle dungeon, felt like one from a regular single player RPG, not just big corridors with a bunch of strong enemies like some of the early ones.

Still enjoying the game a lot, but 3.x areas feel really weird. A bit too... extreme, I guess? With each being so different than the others. I guess there's a story explanation for that, but so far I think I've liked the first expansion more. Especially with the big twist.

Bosses are getting harder. Not in a sense that they can easily kill me. Getting both 1HS and shield at 150 was definitely a good idea, although I now have more useful skills than rounds in a battle, which makes it a bit harder to prioritize. The hard part is that the battles are taking so long that my whole party runs out of mana, so I have to throw mp potions at everyone. Sometimes multiple times.

By the way, (I think) my character is no longer useless, so feel free to use him!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Speaking of PS4, who's getting that version tomorrow?
It's been discussed here before, remember that the subscription is separate between PC+Nintendo consoles and PS4 (this includes paid options) and the PS4 subscription is more expensive - forced 1500 5 character course, versus the default 1000 yen 3 characters course on other platforms.

Kanann

Already paid to play around until 2019 2020, not gonna pay more for just PS4.

Asking developer(s) about PS4/Pro but they didn't answer.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I got through the final boss battle of 3.4 yesterday and wow, the story really goes places. Which is great, I love it. Guess I have only the 3.5 and the climax left. I'm a bit worried about the boss fights, but if I understand correctly, I should be able to select the lower difficulty level.

One thing that I was curious about, as someone who partied up maybe 2 times total outside of the Pair Metal Dungeon. How do people clear a new chunk of the story when it's first released. Fighting 3.x bosses hasn't been that easy even on the easy difficulty and with 3 level 99 partner NPCs. Do people try to power through those enemies or do they make parties with other people and go through those whole dungeons together?

I want to know this, because I'll probably play 4.0 as soon as it releases and I don't want to hit a wall just because I don't know what I should do.

Kanann

I got through the final boss battle of 3.4 yesterday and wow, the story really goes places. Which is great, I love it. Guess I have only the 3.5 and the climax left. I'm a bit worried about the boss fights, but if I understand correctly, I should be able to select the lower difficulty level.

One thing that I was curious about, as someone who partied up maybe 2 times total outside of the Pair Metal Dungeon. How do people clear a new chunk of the story when it's first released. Fighting 3.x bosses hasn't been that easy even on the easy difficulty and with 3 level 99 partner NPCs. Do people try to power through those enemies or do they make parties with other people and go through those whole dungeons together?

I want to know this, because I'll probably play 4.0 as soon as it releases and I don't want to hit a wall just because I don't know what I should do.

Because we are hardcore /joke
As hard as they were, it's not that hard compare to another MMO raid bosses, there still a way to defeat it in a few minutes with prepared team or great geared AI.

Check on youtube with bosses name.

extralite

3.2 and 3.3 are the versions that actually had very tough bosses. After that it became more mellow.

At the time those versions launched, and before the easy difficulties were unlocked, you basically had to play with other human players because stat advantage alone would not get you through some of the boss fights. The wave multi boss battle (first one in the ice realm) required two warriors using their stagger charge special at the right time and the CPU simply didn't do that (CPU doesn't wait for the right time).

When you reach a boss that you can't beat on your own, you can reach out to other solo players you see dead before the boss room. Or chat up some friends who already beat them. The friend who helped us with the above mentioned ice realm boss actually beat that boss solo though. It can be done with amazing stats and strategy.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thanks for your input, that definitely sounds fun!

I just realized that I can have set 160/170/180 point skills in multiple categories. For some reason I was sure that you can only set it for one. Now I have to bump some of my other classes a bit more and get those sweet Sword/Shield 180 point skills!

Question about 3.5:
Is there another boss fight where I'll need to have a leveled up princess? I completely ignored that feature and had some problems during the end of 2.x, but if I'll need her again, I really should do something about it.

extralite

There is just one battle with Ann-Lucia as a guest in 3.5. I think since you could beat version 2 she should be strong enough. On the other hand, I don't know how low her level is in your game. Try and see? Level if necessary?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There is just one battle with Ann-Lucia as a guest in 3.5. I think since you could beat version 2 she should be strong enough. On the other hand, I don't know how low her level is in your game. Try and see? Level if necessary?
I don't think she got any experience in that battle, so she's probably at the default level, whatever that is, ha ha (20? 30?).

extralite

So you haven't played the royal tomb at all? You should clear it at least once for the story.

Edit: And you could have done some of your grinding there. It's not the worst place to level. Not as good as ordeal gates or the magic maze, but better than grinding in the field.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I finally finished the 3.x story today. What an amazing ride. DQX definitely is near the top of the list of my favorite Dragon Quest games and I couldn't be more excited for the next expansion.

Aside from the engaging story, I really adore the cutscene direction. I think I've mentioned it here before, but it really puts FF14 cutscenes to shame.

demonkaze

So thinking about returning to DQX on the PC and haven't played since PC launch with the all in one version. Does that include just versions 1 and 2? Also how much is the subscription to renew my character and is it worth me getting version 3 not or wait until I reach it in the story.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
After finishing the story yesterday, I grabbed the 2 remaining Zoom Stones I could and got my other classes high enough to have 180 skills points in 1HS/Shields/Force. Feels good!
So thinking about returning to DQX on the PC and haven't played since PC launch with the all in one version. Does that include just versions 1 and 2? Also how much is the subscription to renew my character and is it worth me getting version 3 not or wait until I reach it in the story.
When you log in to your SE account, you should see which versions you have registered.
No idea how DQX works with features added as parts of expansions though.

john tv

BTW I heard they took out or are planning to take out the single player mode? Did that already happen? I never bothered finishing it

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
BTW I heard they took out or are planning to take out the single player mode? Did that already happen? I never bothered finishing it
I thought they just made it unplayable offline and made it online, like the rest of the game.

Edit:
I guess they're removing the second part of the offline mode (but you'll be able to watch those cutscenes somewhere in the game) and making the prologue online:
865a4215.png

john tv

I thought they just made it unplayable offline and made it online, like the rest of the game.

Edit:
I guess they're removing the second part of the offline mode (but you'll be able to watch those cutscenes somewhere in the game) and making the prologue online:
How would you play it online? It's very...solo-oriented

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It would just mean you have to be online to play it, I think
Pretty much this. I haven't watched that stream myself, but I just assumed that they want to hook it up to the rest of the infrastructure. Iirc right now they'd have to patch it separately from the online part (and they haven't) which is the reason it stutters like crazy on PC.
Probably easier to manage on the back end and 2 new console releases, new expansion, and dropping the Wii version are a good time for this move.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There is one, but it's fairly small. They congregate on Dragon's Den.
I can vouch for that community. Joined them a few months ago when I got back into the game and they've been pretty helpful, both on the board and in game. Not that many people playing in JST prime time though.

Gloam

I can vouch for that community. Joined them a few months ago when I got back into the game and they've been pretty helpful, both on the board and in game. Not that many people playing in JST prime time though.

Good people for sure. Always friendly and helpful. I used to play before work which was just right for JST. These days I don't get a chance. How's the DQ11 crossover stuff?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Good people for sure. Always friendly and helpful. I used to play before work which was just right for JST. These days I don't get a chance. How's the DQ11 crossover stuff?
I haven't checked the DQ11 collaboration event in the game myself, but from what I remember the first part required you to talk with Sylvia to get the parade outfit and now you need to talk to an NPC and give him the ふっかつのじゅもん from 11.

extralite

You can get a framed painting of the cover artwork for your house, one statue of a XI party member of your choice, a gesture which has you read an illustrated magazine, a clingy puppet version of the yocchi you encounter in X and an item for use in battle (isn't consumed but limited to one time per battle). The item will be named after the hero character from the XI save game used to make the resurrection spell, i.e. Heart of (name). It kind of allows your X character to use zone in X.

How many reward items are actually available depends on how far the resurrection spell is into the game in XI.

Edit: Photos:

tumblr_oty7mlh6tk1scksbco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oty7mlh6tk1scksbco8_1280.jpg

Edit2: More photos:

tumblr_ov17z1SiXx1scksbco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ov17z1SiXx1scksbco2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ov17z1SiXx1scksbco5_1280.jpg

tumblr_ov17z1SiXx1scksbco10_1280.jpg

tumblr_ov17z1SiXx1scksbco6_1280.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
http://dragon-quest.jp/ten/

This site is better in many ways
I used this one, but mainly for maps. Definitely the best ones out there, since they have pop locations for monsters.

I mainly used this wiki, since it has screenshots for most quests, which makes finding things easier. Also guides for bosses and map coordinates for quest givers etc.

I mainly used this general guide for all versions, which also mentions useful quests at the timing they unlock. Definitely can recommend it.

demonkaze

So I want to update my PC all in one version to Ver3. Whats the best/cheapest way to do this? I see you can get the expansion on its own on amazon for like 4000 Yen, is this the cheapest way?

Aeana

So I want to update my PC all in one version to Ver3. Whats the best/cheapest way to do this? I see you can get the expansion on its own on amazon for like 4000 Yen, is this the cheapest way?

Cheapest way right now is probably to order the last remaining copy of the standalone physical version here.

When version 4 comes out, it'll be cheaper to buy the all-in-one package to get version 3 and 4 together.

extralite

When version 4 comes out, it'll be cheaper to buy the all-in-one package to get version 3 and 4 together.

I don't think there will be an all-in-one version that includes 4 until sometime after 4 launches on its own. I could be wrong though. IIRC the pattern is, standalone release, all-in-one-package a few months before the next standalone release, repeat.

demonkaze

Was I supposed to get any game time with the download version of Ver.3 that I got from Amazon? I put the key in to register the game but I don't see any game time in my account.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Was I supposed to get any game time with the download version of Ver.3 that I got from Amazon? I put the key in to register the game but I don't see any game time in my account.
No, like most (all?) MMO expansions, version 3 doesn't come with any game time.

Top Bottom