• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach

After rereading the chapter, i noticed that the quincy spell almost worked. It started destroying Ichigo´s sleeve which is destroying Ichigo´s bankai, by suppressing his riatsu. It seems that these are the quincy´s equivalent of kido. On page 17 the first page there is a tiny line in the middle of the screen that´s Sasakibe flying into the Yamammoto´s room.

Big One

Banned
Kongou Banchou Chapter 1

badassscenexib1d.png

Holy fucking shit lmao. So badass. A+ shit right here.

Naruto:
"So, you're totally evil now, right?"
"Yeah, I'm going to go against everything you wanted just because."
"Huh. Well, uh, hopefully Naruto convinces you otherwise."

Just... blegh.
---
Oh, and is anyone getting the sense that the Third was a badass motherfucker? Harashima is getting hyped to no end, and the Third managed to seal him, the Second, AND part of Orochimaru in his old age.
Bleach:

"I'm all the security it needs."
like a baws

One Piece:
Intriguing!

Tsunade is going to finish off Madara and die in the process. She aint gunna take that smack from that ni**a like dat. (ninja)

ill repost this when it happens.

Oh Itachi killing Kabuto will have fans arguing whether she is any good since it helped her finish him off.

Tsunade going to finish off Madara? What? If Kishimoto does this I will be thoroughly surprised. She would be reaching Sakura/Chiyo levels of epicess.

With the other legendary Sannin dead, well, perhaps it is her time.

ant1532

Banned
Tsunade going to finish off Madara? What? If Kishimoto does this I will be thoroughly surprised. She would be reaching Sakura/Chiyo levels of epicess.

With the other legendary Sannin dead, well, perhaps it is her time.
And shes going to be the last Hokage before Naruto takes over. Kishi is gunna put her out with a bang for sure. She's definietly not going to do it just by herself since the other kages are there but she will be the one taking care of it basically.

Are people seriously fooling themselves into thinking Tsunade will do anything?

She has too if she is going to die. We know the will of fire is a huge deal in Konoha, so she might be able to put up a fight. It might not be a significant fight, but she can make an opening to the other kages so they can destroy, and lock edo Madara.

And shes going to be the last Hokage before Naruto takes over. Kishi is gunna put her out with a bang for sure. She's definietly not going to do it just by herself since the other kages are there but she will be the one taking care of it basically.

But Kakashi is next in line, I thought. Unless somehow they decide to have another young leader (circumstances different than Sand).

Kusagari

She has too if she is going to die. We know the will of fire is a huge deal in Konoha, so she might be able to put up a fight. It might not be a significant fight, but she can make an opening to the other kages so they can destroy, and lock edo Madara.

I doubt she dies. I'm also doubting Madara loses to the Kages.

I think Edo Madara has a better chance of being the FV at this point than Tobi.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece
I figured the battle between Kuzan and Sakazuki was the cause of Punk Hazard's condition, but I'm curious as to what happened before that with Vegapunk. I know it would be cool to see the battle but I get the feeling it won't be shown because it's too cool to witness.

A while back I remember someone saying Strong World wasn't canon. Looking into it, Oda himself confirmed it was. It takes place between Thriller Bark and Sabaody.

ant1532

Banned
But Kakashi is next in line, I thought. Unless somehow they decide to have another young leader (circumstances different than Sand).

Kakashi was next in line. But a lot of things have happened since then. Naruto is coming on its close too, you think theyre going to throw in another hokage before Naruto takes it and the series ends? There's no time for that

8.1 - Yamada Yuusuke Gekijou

Now here's something that needs to start getting translated again. Based on the only 2 chapters available, it's a pretty intense game of death series with the first game being at an amusement park requiring the people on an upside down rollercoaster to hold on to the handle bars until all but 1 fall. Pretty gruesome stuff.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What's with the derpy faces?

Will fap all the same.

Erigu

They just announced a sequel to Master Keaton, set 20 years later.

Naturally, art by Urasawa and story by Nagasaki.

Urgh.
Do not want.

The title is so-clever already: "Master Keaton ReMaster"...

Life is Money 1-5

I love the art in this. I can see some inspiration from Fukumoto stuff in the facial expressions even though everything outside of that is nothing like his stuff.

Mr. Fix

One Piece

Nice of Oda to confirm the Akainu/Aokiji fight taking place in PH as well as it having a connection to Vegapunk. I'm surprised they decided to stay and help the kids this chapter, it looked like they would eventually come back for them later on.

Also it seems like the Master's a Vegapunk experiment.

Patiently waiting for the Wano country.

One Piece

Also it seems like the Master's a Vegapunk experiment.

I was thinking this as well. Most of this island seem like it might be experiment-related.

One thing I'm really expecting a lot of this arc is the good old "weapons eating devil fruits" thing Vegapunk is notorious for.

There's no way in the seven layers of hell that an island dedicated to Vegapunk's inventions won't have crazy DF related experiments as well.

Glass Rebel

Monster Ch. 121

Goddamn, the author just keeps adding new characters. I have no fucking idea where this is leading to but I liked every page I've read.

Mr. Fix

I was thinking this as well. Most of this island seem like it might be experiment-related.

One thing I'm really expecting a lot of this arc is the good old "weapons eating devil fruits" thing Vegapunk is notorious for.

There's no way in the seven layers of hell that an island dedicated to Vegapunk's inventions won't have crazy DF related experiments as well.

If the focus is on this guy/Vegapunk, the samurai fellow may be the new Vivi and he could end up following the SHs until they eventually find his son, who may or may not even be on this island. I'm all for that.

If the focus is on this guy/Vegapunk, the samurai fellow may be the new Vivi and he could end up following the SHs until they eventually find his son, who may or may not even be on this island. I'm all for that.

That would be neat, it's too early to really tell where this arc is going though. I think I need around 3-4 more chapters to even get a clear sense of the real direction.

Hunter x Hunter is out.

The art was still unfortunate, but this was a good and promising chapter. This is either going to lead to a really intriguing arc or a very sudden ending.

Bossun

HxH

So there's a huge world out there. I don't know if this is good. It could be good but we know nothing of the actual world and there is so many loose end in this manga...

Desmond

I only started the anime but I've heard there's some talk of space travel in HxH. The series will probably end with Gon and his Dad going into space. I doubt the manga will continue in space.

Dysun

I dont see why you guys think Tsunade is going to do anything but stall the fight until Itachi cancels the Edo Tensei. Whether she dies (as well as the Tsuchikage) are the only things in question IMO.

Jump Translations
f-

2-3 chapters without MangaStream and it's already painful

Kusagari

So...what happened to Leorio? Why didn't we see when Gon initially met back up with Killua?

What a weird ass way to start this arc.

And I wonder what this means for the future of the series.

Kyuur

Hunter x Hunter

While the art wasn't great by any means in this chapter, it was a lot better than the previous. I feel like Togashi is just going to keep on going.

Desmond

So...what happened to Leorio? Why didn't we see when Gon initially met back up with Killua?

What a weird ass way to start this arc.

And I wonder what this means for the future of the series.

I got the impression Gon/Killua were the manga's cornerstones. What'll happen

Trevelyon

I couldn't remember if Jump does the end(of chapter)/or to be continued on the last pages of chapters.

Looking at One Piece confirmed my fears. Urgh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom