• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think I either hacked the Wii U Miiverse or I am stupid.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think this is not an announcement of a new game, just some debug stuff for showing off Miiverse.

miiverse0607-610.jpg

All those games appear here in the screenshots of Miiverse Nintendo released around E3.
tryingtouscomputer.gif

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Trike, just don't modify anything.

We need one of those summary posts like they have in those threads in OT for this thread.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think this is not an announcement of a new game, just some debug stuff for showing off Miiverse.

miiverse0607-610.jpg

All those games appear here in the screenshots of Miiverse Nintendo released around E3.

Easiest way to test that is to look for an entry called "shooter" as that is what the gun symbol was called during that early presentation.

Nilaul

The thing we need to know... is there a listing for Metroid WiiU or anything like that? Or any clue to what Retro is working on.

Foxix Von

Holy shit.

Trike, I really doubt any legal action could possibly come of this. Even if they did it's too late now, might as well keep on truckin'

miiverse0607-610.jpg

This makes a lot of sense but nevertheless, I'm going to remain hopeful.

Easiest way to test that is to look for an entry called "shooter" as that is what the gun symbol was called during that early presentation.

It's possible that the gun symbol may refer to the "resident evils" or "metal gear solid" but this is a very good idea.

1-D_FTW

Okay, so it turns out that the ZELDAAA comments on the right are the comments for all of the different sub-forums. I think they are just testing them. BTW, all of those titles are in the "US / English / Games for Teenagers and Kids" section. Which is supposed to launch on December 20th,2012. So maybe the December 10th reveal will confirm this information.

Also a certain developer that I greatly respect PM'd me saying that I might get into some legal trouble or jailtime with Nintendo for this. LawyerGAF wanna help me out?

It can be Cliffy B's next visit. Cliffy B visits Trike in Prison. Cliffy B going to work for the prison?

Trike

miiverse0607-610.jpg

I see the connections. But I don't see MGS on there, and that Gun is supposed to symbolize Resident Evil? Also they didn't call it Yoshi's Land Wii U.

Anyway guys, fun is over. They fixed it. Last news out of this is that they can apparently update or fix Miiverse on the fly.

By the way, the way I did it was depressingly simple. Go to your Miiverse menu. Hover of the "X Close" button, and literally press X on the gamepad. Boom, you just became a master hacker. At least you would have been like 20 minutes ago when it was still working. GAF ruined my exploration.

Jailtime? Someone's fucking with you.

The Big Boss wouldn't lie to me.

Eusis

@NintendoAmerica 5:10 PM
So many Miis have jumped on Miiverse that some may be having problems connecting to the service. We are in the engine room getting it fixed!

THEY KNOW
They're ringwraiths, and he's wearing the One Ring. TAKE IT OFF.

EDIT: Oh. Nevermind.

btkadams

miiverse0607-610.jpg

this makes sense to me.

although, it doesn't rule out the existence of yoshi's land wii u, does it?

How can they release a commercial product with this type of hole? I wouldn't put my damn credit card on that machine if my life depended on it.

Tagg9

You somehow miss the big yoshi icon?

They could have just said "Yoshi" or "Yoshi's Land". There's no reason to append "Wii U" to the name.

/edit: Also, no Mario Kart.

/edit 2: Quote for new page:
I see the connections. But I don't see MGS on there, and that Gun is supposed to symbolize Resident Evil? Also they didn't call it Yoshi's Land Wii U.

Anyway guys, fun is over. They fixed it. Last news out of this is that they can apparently update or fix Miiverse on the fly.

By the way, the way I did it was depressingly simple. Go to your Miiverse menu. Hover of the "X Close" button, and literally press X on the gamepad. Boom, you just became a master hacker. At least you would have been like 20 minutes ago when it was still working. GAF ruined my exploration.

The Big Boss wouldn't lie to me.

Top Bottom