• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Nelo Ice

Banned
I swear with all the new Mists stuff coming out I'm probably going to cave on the annual pass at the last minute lol.

edit:Also I need to go find someone for RAF I want that freaking rocket before they remove it.

TheYanger

Account-wide achievement support is in the lates beta patch according to MMO-Champ. Which is great. It's even better if it applies to Feats of Strength as well, and if it awards achievement mounts (as account-wide mounts aren't in yet it seems, though pets are.)

Somebody let me know the details if you're in the beta and can test it!

Feats yes. Mounts...can't really test without doing some actual things that reward them. Beta doesn't track your achieves, so while I have all of the achieves for say, Firelands Glory on my DK on live, on beta he doesn't have the achieves he just has the mount.

Tf7mu.jpg

My dk is showing as ahving Ambassador of the Horde, my panda has it on his pane, does NOT have the ambassador title. so I wouldn't be surprised if mounts aren't transferring atm either.

Edit again: Confirmed not. I still have 'leading the cavalry' and my panda does NOT have an albino drake.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I bet they will add some crazy account wide achievements like "Get every classes to lvl 90". Or "Get every classes to lvl 90, on both Horde and Alliance". "Or get all classes in full T14"

Oh god.

Mairu

Account wide achievments. Holy fuck why does that make me happy?
What kind of monster have I become :(

As someone who stopped playing at the end TBC, restarted at the beginning of Cataclysm and then ended up switching characters twice throughout this expansion I'm pretty pleased. I haven't really bothered to pursue most achievements because I've had three different "mains" this expansion. This will give me some motivation to get some of the missing ones on at least a character.

Ultratech

This? This feels good.

And good riddance to the worthless soul-stealing profession it came from.

Congrats! I still need to level up my Archaeology...
Working on the little skeleton raptor pet at the moment.

I'm still working on getting the Raven Lord mount. Damn Anzu keeps giving me Gems and worthless Blues. At least I make decent gold from those runs.
Also been doing Magister's Terrace in hopes of getting the mount and pet. Gotten the silly Orb twice now. At least they're painless to clear.

Sciz

I'm still working on getting the Raven Lord mount. Damn Anzu keeps giving me Gems and worthless Blues. At least I make decent gold from those runs.
Also been doing Magister's Terrace in hopes of getting the mount and pet. Gotten the silly Orb twice now. At least they're painless to clear.

The white hawkstrider isn't too bad, since it has a much better drop rate compared to the 1% of most dungeon mounts.

Depending on gear and spec, it's also possible for most classes to start soloing normal Stonecore for the drake there. Vortex Pinnacle too, but the trash there sucks a lot more.

aesop

Draenei or Worgon for Priest?

Gnome!

Finally got some time to mess around in the beta last night. There were screenshots posted a while back that were trying to show off the new lighting engine. The screenshots didn't do it any justice. It's freaking pretty. I didn't really notice it so much in the Pandaren starting zone because basically everything is new and shiny. But when I loaded up Stormwind on my copied character... my eyes were happy. And for whatever reason, the panda zone was rock solid for me, it was just messing with my existing character in SW that caused it to crash over and over.

I've got a 33 shaman that I started working on that will be shelved until Mists so I can reroll as a panda. The animations and character models are just so good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I always wondered why the "guy that turns off the Raid Buff" in ICC and DS can't just turn the buff down to some particular level other than "20% or nothing." Then they could give out guild achievements for beating heroic bosses on various levels.

wowatlastgcjiz.jpg

This? This feels good.

I'm still slugging away. Got the mount already - just want the $!#@ pet. Then last night... what pops up...? The Staff of Ammunae. Gawddamnit. Now I have to waste 175 artifacts on something I don't want. *gives archy the finger*

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm still slugging away. Got the mount already - just want the $!#@ pet. Then last night... what pops up...? The Staff of Ammunae. Gawddamnit. Now I have to waste 175 artifacts on something I don't want. *gives archy the finger*

I got both the bug mount and the crawling hand companion. Archaeology been abandoned since then!

Hopefully Blizzard wont add some awesome mount in MoP for this profession.

Sciz

Bleh. The staff was my third rare out of there. As cool as it would be to have in pet battles, I don't think I can put myself through any more just for the hand.

Hopefully Blizzard wont add some awesome mount in MoP for this profession.
It won't be quite so bad as long as all they add is stuff for the two races on Pandaria. Getting the scepter sucks extra hard on account of how terrible the tol'vir:everything else digsite ratio is, how big Kalimdor is, and how much of a pain it is to fly across thanks to every other zone having a completely different height. Pandaria should end up being like a less aggravating Outland, even ignoring the improvements they're making.

Audioboxer

Not really feeling the DK, although I'm only at level 62.

I think I must be a caster lover, every time I try a melee class I end up getting bored and wanting to roll a caster. I got my paladin up to 80 a year back, and nearly re-rolled a pala, but that was mostly on the basis of wanting to go a hybrid to try tanking and/or healing.

I also get very nervy tanking, it may be best I stick to DPS and give healing a shot on a priest.

Leveling up a hunter right now, not played on a Hunter since Vanilla/BC WoW, so about 3~4 years ago.

TheContact

wowatlastgcjiz.jpg

This? This feels good.

I remember back when some guild opened up AQ on my server, the guy who actually opened it got the mount, and it was only one per server. Or is that another one?

Edit: Oh nevermind I see Archaeology.

mileS

Account wide achievements pleases me greatly for some reason. Minor I'm sure but I love it. I just hit 9425 last night :) Time to look through to see what I can do to hit 10k before MoP hits.

Also I'm liking the new mount interface.. after getting 50-100 mounts, that list becomes infuriating.

Grats on the mount Sciz. I really need to get back to it and work towards "finding" mine

Rokal

I remember back when some guild opened up AQ on my server, the guy who actually opened it got the mount, and it was only one per server. Or is that another one?

Edit: Oh nevermind I see Archaeology.

The AQ-gate opening event mount is a black version of this.

Sciz

Speacking of arch, are dig sites random or should I go straight to tol'vir sites?

aha

ahaha

They're completely random, no matter how much you will dearly want nothing but tol'vir sites, which aren't even available until 450 skill. The only slight relief available is that you have a reduced chance to proc a site for a race that you've found every artifact for, and you'll still get an infuriating amount of them.

Grats on the mount Sciz. I really need to get back to it and work towards "finding" mine

Keep at it! Nothing for it but to dig, dig, dig.

Sarcasm

I ask about priest race because I am doing the free level 80 thing. I have an 83 space goat paladin and a 63 space goat shaman. I really don't know what to choose for my priest.

johnsmith

remember me
Male draenei look dumb in cloth gear. Female worgen look dumb period!

I disagree with this so hard. I loved how my male draenei shadow priest looked. I've always regretted faction changing to troll just because of looks.

Found an old pic. Dem shoulders

76E2N.jpg

markot

Banned
Velen.jpg

If they looked like this it would be awesome. As it is, their chests and arms and shoulders are so huge that it kinda makes most things look stupid on them. Even most plate and mail and what not looks dumb on them. Its sad cause in artwork or even the intro cinematic the draenei look awesome. They didnt translate well to the game though with the 'buff' crap blizz seems to be stuck on for any male race in this game.

Getting back into this I think. I camped some rare spawns on my hunter earlier this week and got the itch again.

I'm still impressed with the art style of this game. After sitting in storm peaks for a week and looking over everything I'm still amazes at the time blizzard takes with environments. Really is amazing.

Rokam

Ugh, didn't really feel like doing LFR this week on my DK but decided to at least do fall of deathwing. Get in on Spine which is great! Until they started it and my character just stayed on the boat, try logging, reload, goblin jump, nothing worked :(. So no LFR this week for me!

aha

ahaha

They're completely random, no matter how much you will dearly want nothing but tol'vir sites, which aren't even available until 450 skill. The only slight relief available is that you have a reduced chance to proc a site for a race that you've found every artifact for, and you'll still get an infuriating amount of them.

Nope, not true. I have everything possible from night elves and more than half the time, night elf crap comes up.

*shakes fist*

Btw, I'm trying to get the claw because it's the last pet I can get in game that's not a holiday drop. :\ And they're milking me dry in archy because of it. *barfs*

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The AQ-gate opening event mount is a black version of this.

It used to do all sorts of weird shit like instant mid-air mounting and such, but now it's just a regular mount that nobody has.

TheYanger

Anybody have a male human priest?

Or is the hearth animation is also same as healing animation?

It is for all characters. There are two basic spell casting animations, and just due to how they're doled out Hearth + heals are the same (at least most heals).

Sarcasm

It is for all characters. There are two basic spell casting animations, and just due to how they're doled out Hearth + heals are the same (at least most heals).

So just do a hearth on a lvl male human and bam what they use for flash heal, heal. greater h?

Audioboxer

Really enjoying levelling my hunter so far. Pets were one of the things I loved in vanilla/BC WoW (last time I played hunter). Lot of changes to the class I enjoy.

Levelling as survival with a pet fox. First time I've had a fox.

Hit lvl 20. Lil Timmy's Peashooter dropped for me in Shadowfang Keep, I remember that being quite the gun in vanilla wow (never had it myself).

The new Traveler's Tundra Mammoth equivalent looks pretty cool. Going to be super expensive though if the sell price to NPCs is 15k. I may actually be interested in buying this one, however, I never really found the other one to be worth it (I haven't bought it.) The primary benefit is being able to repair wherever - mostly for raiding, which is good, and buy reagents if you're playing a class that uses them. Selling stuff directly to the thing is nice, but ultimately not that useful when you're almost never (never?) more than 30 seconds or so at most out of range of a permanent NPC. It's not like there's much in the game, anymore at least, where straight grinding mobs is the solution and you'd end up with a bunch of junk in your bags.

One of my goals for the expansion would be to break 500k or 1 Million gold. 500k at least wouldn't be too difficult, as it would only be about a 5-fold increase from my current wealth, which is about what I did going from Wrath to Cataclysm.

ampere

Back when I was playing, there weren't as many opportunities to solo raids / dungeons. I mean, we had druids soloing Mother Smolderweb; I think paladins and hunters were having some success at places.

How is it now? Just from what I've seen online, it looks like DK is probably the easiest route but can most classes solo higher ended content from BC and WotLC? Mostly looking at rogue, druid, or maybe warlock since those are the three classes I'm looking at rerolling.

Guardian Druids might end up dethroning DKs as kings of soloing with the changes they have made on the beta so far.

Whether or not they are actually better than DKs for soloing when the changes hit live, they will be able to keep pretty good uptime on their +45% dodge ability and self heal with no cooldown. Druids are great anyway if you like to have a lot of flexibility.

wowatlastgcjiz.jpg

This? This feels good.

Congrats man. I got to 165 Tol'vir solves and gave up. Would still like to get it someday.

The new Traveler's Tundra Mammoth equivalent looks pretty cool. Going to be super expensive though if the sell price to NPCs is 15k.
Yeah, it seems like the sell price for items like that is 25% of purchase price, so it will probably be 60k gold before any sort of discounts. Maybe down to 48k if you can get exalted with the vendor's faction.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Guardian Druids might end up dethroning DKs as kings of soloing with the changes they have made on the beta so far.

Whether or not they are actually better than DKs for soloing when the changes hit live, they will be able to keep pretty good uptime on their +45% dodge ability and self heal with no cooldown. Druids are great anyway if you like to have a lot of flexibility.

So glad I boosted a Worgen druid and I have a 80 DK as well. And the only leveling I have to do with them is 80-85 lol.

Angry Grimace

I used the scroll of resurrection for a friend, but i didnt get any spectral gryphon?

You have to go to the site for the "rewards" to claim it for a specific character. It's not an account-wide automatic reward.

Top Bottom