• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Oh hey, looks like they uploaded Yamcha and Tien.
portrait.png
portrait.png

mcmmaster

The same rep also approached my friend and I to ask if we "knew any dark shit" such as what our favourite poison was, and proceeded to demonstrate the kind of convulsions that his poison of choice would cause. So yeah, seems like the guy was an interesting character

That is hilarious. I can only imagine how uncomfortable you and your friend must have been in that situation. They should have really gone with a more sensible rep.

PeaceUK

Well all they need her to do is be able to fire the basic spammable ki blasts, since all her specials/supers can be physical.
Thats not much of a stretch.

cordy

Banned
Yeah Videl can fly and she can use ki as shown when she was training to fly but it's nothing insane. Her flying is only enough to get around and her ki usage is only enough to see her control slight ki but not actually use in battle.

She'd be good for a quick small grappler though if they wanna bring her in.

She can float and begun to learn ki control.

Niether has really stopped previous DBZ games from making her a capable fighter, so I suppose it depends on how ASW feels.

LotusHD

Banned
Even if this were true, this is still a very, very strange thing people use to exclude characters in theoretical roster building for this game...

Not really. Barring Kid Goku, it's understandable that people are curious as to whether they'll go out of their way to bother with characters like Roshi.

Spman2099

Not really. Barring Kid Goku, it's understandable that people are curious as to whether they'll go out of their way to bother with characters like Roshi.

All I am saying is that characters were moving super fast, and jumping super high, WAY before flying was a thing in the series. There is nothing that would even mildly hinder Kid Goku, Roshi, or any of the other significant Dragon Ball characters from making the list. I just don't see how they would have to "go out of their way" to include any of them.

As an example, here is a Dragon Ball scrub "jumping"...

Fandangox

I agree with Spman, I don't think anyone would really care if characters that never were able to fly at speeds were able to do Dragon Rush. Only exception would probably be Hercule/Mr. Satan for obvious reasons.

LotusHD

Banned
All I am saying is that characters were moving super fast, and jumping super high, WAY before flying was a thing in the series. There is nothing that would even mildly hinder Kid Goku, Roshi, or any of the other significant Dragon Ball characters from making the list. I just don't see how they would have to "go out of their way" to include any of them.

As an example, here is a Dragon Ball scrub "jumping"...

My issue was more stuff like the stage transitions tbh

Real Hero

if Roshi isn't in the base game, hopefully the fact his tournament episodes in super were the most positively received in japan influences their dlc choices.

Espada

So when is the Caulifla article and trailer supposed to drop?

A little too early for that. I fully expect to see a Dragonball Super DLC pack with Beerus, Goku Black, Hit, Caulifla and some others. Right now we're more likely to get folks like Master Roshi and Mr. Satan/Hercule than them.

mas8705

I'd like to think that in terms of the stage transitions, characters like Videl would be ok. It isn't like she is "the best" character that can fly, but it would at least be enough. As for Hercule (if he does find his way in somehow), it should be obvious that he would have a jetpack like he does in all other DBZ Fighting Games. If anything, just about any DBZ character (besides Satan) shouldn't have a problem with the transitions. If we were to get any DB characters though, that would be a bit harder to say there (although I could see Arale just "running" in midair if she was apart of the roster or if we were to really "extend" the possibilities, we could have a thing where Roshi could use the Nimbus Cloud to help "fly" around. Same as Kid Goku if that was a possibility too).

Still... It isn't like we have had any solid confirmations of any additional DB titles outside of Z and Super at the moment. So for all we know, this could be something that will never happen if we don't see some of the lesser characters added to the final roster.

TreIII

I wouldnt be surprised if he made it in the base roster actually.

Great Saiyawoman/Saiyaman #2 with Great Saiyaman is actually a good idea.

Fixed to make it more fitting to what I'd like to see.

If Saiyaman isn't playable because they must have Ult. Gohan instead, I'd take him being a part of Saiyaman #2's supers, instead.

Neoxon

A little too early for that. I fully expect to see a Dragonball Super DLC pack with Beerus, Goku Black, Hit, Caulifla and some others. Right now we're more likely to get folks like Master Roshi and Mr. Satan/Hercule than them.
Beerus is almost guaranteed to be in the base roster (he's about as safe of a bet as 18 or Tien were), with Hit & Goku Black being safe bets.

HardRojo

He could simply jump and charge at the opponent really fast, the problem comes when you consider it is a homing attack and it would look a bit weird if he changed direction mid charge, it happens in the game but it looks fine with the current roster as they're flying. Of course I'm as creative as a brick, so someone might come up with an elegant solution for that.

Zomba13

To be fair, you don't need characters able to fly in this. I mean, look at the current Super arc. One of the rules is "no flying" but everyone just fucking jumps a mile in the air anyway so it doesn't matter at all. Same here, no one is really flying, they are dashing and shit and you don't need to fly to dash or chase.

LotusHD

Banned
He could use his Kamehameha to *fly*.

I guess.

terrible idea

if we get another woman included joined at the hip with a man again i'm going to fucking rage

That truly would be a bad look lmao

They are not all going to be DLC lol

Sephzilla

We're probably going to start getting more villain announcements since they've gone through most of the main heroes. The only major Z-era hero left is Adult Gohan I believe.

emb

My guesses for who's left:
Beerus
Gotenks
Ultimate Gohan (small % change of Saiyaman instead)
Kid Buu or Super Buu (like 60/40)
Roshi

Could totally see Ginyu, Dabura, Nappa, Hercule, even Zarbon making it too though.

I think Hit/Black advertised for first DLC, and then a non-canon pack with Broly and maybe Pikkon or some GT character. Depending on if they want to go with sequel sooner or keep milking this game as a service, maybe a DLC pack later with Jiren and some character from Super's next arc.

Sephzilla

Remove Broly & I agree. I'm assuming this means the base roster.

Out of each of those picks Broly is the one I'm least confident in, honestly. But I think he might make the cut due to popularity and because the game could still use some Iron Tager equivalent

LotusHD

Banned
You guys are just setting yourselves up to get burned once they start trotting out a bunch of popular characters as DLC, or in a followup title a year or so from now. Bandai-Namco know how popular these characters are, and you can bet people will fork over the cash for them. The fanbase is rabid for all things Dragonball at the moment.

This discussion has already been done to death, so okay, whatever you say.

Top Bottom