• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Wow. Someone actually made a fix (emulator/script) to allow keyboard users to map the dodge button instead of it being a double tap. I will try it later, but I already got a controller; the game is much easier with a controller. I might stick with it though, as the camera is smoother using the controller compared to the mouse's raw input. Shooting is much better using the mouse in normal combat but not in side scrolling mode.

How many quests you got left?

I know there are at least three that require some special conditions for completion.

I'm at 48/60.

I really have no idea where the remaining 12 are, even after some pretty close inspections of these maps. I know one late in the game (the dude asking for recon data), but the rest are a complete mystery to me. And again, without any sort of marker or indicator on the map, I don't even know where to go to start them.

HeelPower

In Route C. I just finished
the part where you have to either kill or wipe Pascal memories because of the events that just happened.

I'm turning off the game for the day.

I'm not okay. I feel so numb.

I did the same too.

Route C I played in short bursts.I literally had to stop after that part.

I'm at 48/60.

I really have no idea where the remaining 12 are, even after some pretty close inspections of these maps. I know one late in the game (the dude asking for recon data), but the rest are a complete mystery to me. And again, without any sort of marker or indicator on the map, I don't even know where to go to start them.

Have you been reading all your emails? Some quests start/end/continue from there.

Astral

I just started Route C wondering where the FUCK all my chips are and I just remembered I died during the final boss on Route B and didn't pick up my corpse. I'm so pissed. I had two +3 Overclock chips. Someone tell where the fuck I can get that shit like right now.

LotusHD

Banned
I just started Route C wondering where the FUCK all my chips are and I just remembered I died during the final boss on Route B and didn't pick up my corpse. I'm so pissed. I had two +3 Overclock chips. Someone tell where the fuck I can get that shit like right now.

Emil's store sold me them.

Astral

Ok I'm done for the night. That
virus
part was rage-inducing. I've never felt so helpless. What the fuck just happened? I'm gonna kill every single one of these machines tomorrow.

Flandy

Should I skip cutscenes in Route B if I've already seen them or do some start the same and then become different? It seems every cutscene so far thats been different has been a completely new cutscene?

Exentryk

Aim, adjust, SKEWER!

MellowOrnateArchaeocete.gif

Anybody else having a hard time completing the lost equipment quest? I picked up the sword before I got the email I think, so whenever I go back to that part of the game via chapter select there's a sidequest icon by the factory but no weapon to pick up.

HeelPower

So I just got ending C.

Is there any new new gameplay content or is it just a matter of differing cutscenes for D&E?

I honestly dont wanna repeat anything at this point.Kinda feel oversaturated from hacking and fighting the same robots.

LotusHD

Banned
So I just got ending C.

Is there any new new gameplay content or is it just a matter of differing cutscenes for D&E?

I honestly dont wanna repeat anything at this point.Kinda feel oversaturated from hacking and fighting the same robots.

Chapter select, pick the other character to play as at the climax of Route C. For Route E... just don't give up.

Exentryk

Man, the music after some of these quests... wow! Met the
animal-loving machine
, and now I'm sad :(

Edit: Also I love that effect when the music dims when you open the menu.

MoonFrog

Well, 10+ hours in. I got endings A and G tonight; K the other day.

B-run:
I miss playing as 2B...the opening mission was neat to experience from the other side and I like being able to hack those chests and all, but it's weird that I just sort of picked up where I left 2Bs gear with 9S. Think I'd prefer starting fresh with 9S; having the ability to switch between characters; gearing both now...idk. I was disappointed I couldn't when the game became largely the same again.

Also, switched to hard and found that second shooter sequence kind of annoying. The pipe seemed oddly curved and I'd get caught on it or not know how to move to target something at times.

JJShadow

which part is the climax(there are multiple lol)? The final fight ? And E requires a full playthrough ?

Route D and E are just different endings. To unlock ending D, choose to fight as 9S in the final fight between him and A2. For ending E, once you get ending C and D repeat that final fight again and something will change during the final credits. As an advice, choose to never give up

Baalzebup

Sorry to ask but
when is it mentioned that humans built the androids? Didn't humans go extinct after the original Nier?
Yes, but the humans kind of *had* to build the first set of androids back when they were still a thing. It was humans who started the whole Project Gestalt after all and Devola and Popola, for example, were built as project overseers. In the actual timeline of two NieR games, there has never been a time without androids being a thing. The androids just kept going after the humans were gone.

Philippo

Yea, took me awhile to notice it lol

That manages
to make her look more even more gaudy than she already did lol

Truly brilliant, reading the character's backstory in B completely blew me away, this is such a deep talk about love and beauty basically no other game even dare to try to dip toes into.

Philippo

I'm more and more convinced that in order to fully understand this game you need to play the prequel.

I wasn't sure in Route A (after all
Devola and Popola
are there just for a small fragment, and
Emil's
kind of a funny cameo although i haven't done his quest yet), but Route B convinced me about this with the Relics of the Past quest, it would lack any kind of impact without
knowing that you're standing on top of Facade
I would say even Drakengard 1 is pretty necessary for now.

BluWacky

Anybody else having a hard time completing the lost equipment quest? I picked up the sword before I got the email I think, so whenever I go back to that part of the game via chapter select there's a sidequest icon by the factory but no weapon to pick up.

Yes. I have only one sidequest to do in the first chapter, and I think it's probably that one because an icon appears at the factor, but when I go there the icon disappears and there's nothing to do.

(well, that's the excuse I'm currently sticking to while I hoover up some other sidequests)

welp, up to 50/60 missions. going to have to do some hunting to figure out where the rest are.

All weapons unlocked. needed Youtube for the last 4, but it's fine; I would have never, ever found them otherwise. Gonna try to get those last 10 missions, then have a bit of fun for a couple of days. Then it'll be time to
reset

Some of these weapons are really beautiful. Specifically: Angel's Folly, Demon's Cry, Engine Blade, the Cruel and Virtuous blades, the Type 40's, The Phoenix swords. Even the Iron Will looks badass in its way.

Most useful weapons in the game: Ancient Overlord, Ancient Overlord, and Ancient Overlord. Special mention: YoRHa-issue Blade. There will be a time when you want to be able to spam certain pod protective abilities. the YoRHa issue will enable you to do that. It's too bad that the other weapons aren't as useful as these 2. The Ancient Overlord's level 4 affix just puts everything else to shame. They might want to go back and buff some of them to make it more of a choice.

Lastly,

LMAO @ all the fail (all the dead human player bodies). When you know where this is, you'll laugh too. Then you'll join them a few times.
zWVbK.gif

11/10 game.

aravuus

I'm more and more convinced that in order to fully understand this game you need to play the prequel.

I definitely feel like I should've watched quick let's plays or something of Drakengard 1 and the original Nier before tackling this, but I was too excited lol.

Oh well, I'll probably finish the game today depending on how long route E is, so I'll watch them while waiting for P5 to come out.

Arklite

Some of these weapons are really beautiful. Specifically: Angel's Folly, Demon's Cry, Engine Blade, the Cruel and Virtuous blades, the Type 40's, The Phoenix swords. Even the Iron Will looks badass in its way.

Stylish and with cryptic stories as a bonus. I like the type 40s for their high tech look and electrified Metal Gear Rising vibe. Type 3s I like for their harsher steampunk design and sort of unstable damage quirks.

Weiss

Banned
The best part of Iron Will is if you max it out in NieR it clips through the ground all the time.

It's like swinging a friggin' canoe.

Dio

Banned
I absolutely love that if you look at the intel for that one Engels' memories
in the sidequest, it says this:

First deployment: August 3, 11934 CE
Individuals killed: 11,345
Largest combo: 234
Total points: 9,432

The fact that the enemies you fight are also getting 'points' and can get combos is quite interesting. Then again, I'm still on route A because I've had a lot of work so that might be obvious to other people maybe?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this is not a slight on the game, quite the contrary in fact, but I cant help but feel that all the people so blown away with the story and themes hasnt watched much anime in their lifetime.

And no, I dont mean Naruto.

Okapi

Neo Member
Yes. I have only one sidequest to do in the first chapter, and I think it's probably that one because an icon appears at the factor, but when I go there the icon disappears and there's nothing to do.

(well, that's the excuse I'm currently sticking to while I hoover up some other sidequests)

I picked up the equipment before reading the email as well! Does that mean I'm locked out of a sidequest? :(

EDIT: Apparently I'm confusing two events together. I may be alright after all!

I definitely feel like I should've watched quick let's plays or something of Drakengard 1 and the original Nier before tackling this, but I was too excited lol.

Oh well, I'll probably finish the game today depending on how long route E is, so I'll watch them while waiting for P5 to come out.

This is the video that I watched. Thought it was an alright explanation of the lore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE6n2KGbaZ0

Top Bottom