• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

Has Persona 5 ever gone below £40?

I finally ordered it yesterday from SimplyGames. It's the first normal edition of a game in a long time that I can remember not getting for £30-£35 for launch.

My guess is the Steelbook being mandatory with first editions affecting the price? Or were there deals around £30-£35 in previous months that I missed?

Not that it won't be worth every penny, but yes.

I finally ordered it yesterday from SimplyGames. It's the first normal edition of a game in a long time that I can remember not getting for £30-£35 for launch.

My guess is the Steelbook being mandatory with first editions affecting the price? Or were there deals around £30-£35 in previous months that I missed?

I would like to speculate: Is it because of the low gbp?

P5 is the same price in the UK as here in the EU.

How are Smyths for refunds and returns?

Ordered a Switch from Amazon, and may order one from Smyths as well, and only keep the one that is despatched first. But I'm a bit worried about the left joycon issue, and don't want to be fucked over by the retailer washing their hands of it if I get a bad one

Moze

Banned
How are Smyths for refunds and returns?

Ordered a Switch from Amazon, and may order one from Smyths as well, and only keep the one that is despatched first. But I'm a bit worried about the left joycon issue, and don't want to be fucked over by the retailer washing their hands of it if I get a bad one

They can't wash their hands of it. Every retailer has to replace or refund any faulty unit under warranty by law. You can demand a refund in the first 30 days. After 30 days, it is their choice to either give you a refund, repair or replacement.

Infact, if you order online and get it delivered, you have 14 days to get a refund regardless of a fault.

Decider

Are base.com reliable or frowned upon? They have the PAL Zero Escape collection for PS4, which only seems to be available through third-party sellers on Amazon.

After TGC and 365games stopped shipping to Germany base.com has become my go-to shop and I have no complaints so far. Would be cool if they offered PayPal but it's okay

mr lurtle

Akiba's Beat is currently 19,99€ from a third party seller @amazon.es, it's probably a pricing error but since it's managed by amazon will they make up for it in any way if the guys end up cancelling the item?

For some reason the site keeps on changing. First the cover changed to the Aegis Of Earth PS3 cover so I informed amazon.es and they changed it back to the Akiba's Beat cover.
Now it's back to the AOE cover and even the title changed. The Vita version still links to the correct game. Really weird.

AerialAir

Banned
After TGC and 365games stopped shipping to Germany base.com has become my go-to shop and I have no complaints so far. Would be cool if they offered PayPal but it's okay

Same here. Only use base and Amazon (when item not available in base). After dozens of orders, never had a single issue, shipping is only a few days and cheap, when other stores charge double or more and take always 2 weeks.

luffeN

Does the Xbox One S have a universial power adapter? If I buy one in the UK can I use it in Austria? Just by a different power cable?

oldmario

Are base.com reliable or frowned upon? They have the PAL Zero Escape collection for PS4, which only seems to be available through third-party sellers on Amazon.

it's slightly more than base on ebay from xbiteworld for £43 but you can use paypal for that

i have a feeling when they eventually release the EU version of the Vita version it's gonna be 10x more of a nightmare to get

popo

They are using a third party publisher and it is likely to be a relatively low print run. Look at how expensive other megaten games were at launch.

They are using a third party publisher and it is likely to be a relatively low print run. Look at how expensive other megaten games were at launch.
Interesting. I was thinking this one would have a more mainstream appeal but I guess the GAF echo chamber can make one think that when reality is it's still niche.

popo

Interesting. I was thinking this one would have a more mainstream appeal but I guess the GAF echo chamber can make one think that when reality is it's still niche.

It is going to be massive compared to other a lot of other JRPGs but it is still not going to sell huge numbers. I am not sure even the most optimistic GAF posters are claiming it is going to be a day-one million seller. The online prices are actually lower than I expected. PSN still wants 55 quid.

AerialAir

Banned
Dunno if it's already been posted here but smythstoys have Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past for 20€/15£. I'd buy the hell out of it, but there's no shipping outside UK/Eire

Edit: As mentioned below, not for delivery, but you can pick it in store, if you live near one, I guess.

illusionary

Dunno if it's already been posted here but smythstoys have Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past for 20€/15£. I'd buy the hell out of it, but there's no shipping outside UK/Eire

It's not available for delivery at all, including within the UK, unfortunately..

Saphirax

Utawarerumono for PS4 pre-order is £32.99 at 365games
http://www.365games.co.uk/ps4-games/utawarerumono-mask-of-deception-ps4-game

It's not a full price game (RRP £40 or 50€), but that's still a good price and the best I could find right now.

Germans can use shop4de and get it for 38€ + shipping
http://www.shop4de.com/ps4-games/utawarerumono-mask-of-deception-ps4-game

http://www.simplygames.com/p/utawarerumono-mask-of-deception-ps4

Slightly cheaper! Emphasis on slightly.

Where can I buy Amazon UK giftcards without using a creditcard?

There are some shaddy webs, like this one .eg: https://www.highstreetvouchers.com/gifts/amazon-gift-cards-certificates

But i never tried them, and try to avoid them if they don't accept paypal, but no idea about them accepting german cards.

And if you done want (or don't qualify for) a credit card, a debit card would work. Or get a prepaid MasterCard or virtual visa like entropay

I would recommend Monzo, it's a mastercard prepaid, and it works on amazon uk, they had a nice app where you get a notification every time you spent something, so you can easily track the spent, but not sure if they delivery it outside UK, it does work worldwide, I tried it in las islas Canarias and Ireland, and it worked

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Not possible in my experience. Try the BST thread and get someone to buy one for you

Or join us in the year 2017 and get a credit card!

And if you done want (or don't qualify for) a credit card, a debit card would work. Or get a prepaid MasterCard or virtual visa like entropay

Jonnax

Has anyone ever preordered off Argos UK?
Do they generally deliver on day of release?

I've got a general mistrust of them.

I've bought my XBOX One, 3DS and Switch online through them and always got things day 1. Games I'm less sure of because I doubt they use a courier for them but I suspect you'd be fine.

Hasney

I've bought my XBOX One, 3DS and Switch online through them and always got things day 1. Games I'm less sure of because I doubt they use a courier for them but I suspect you'd be fine.

My cheap CoD:Legacy edition was 2 days late. They didn't send it until the actual release day. Might be isolated as it's the k my game I've pretty ordered from them though.

I ordered my brother the limited edition of Zelda BotW from Argos and it was delivered on the day of release.

The day before it arrived, I received a text message saying it was on its way and would be delivered tomorrow by DPD.

Standard "Where is the cheapest place to pre-order Persona 5?" post.

41.99 on amazon if you have Prime is the cheapest I've seen. Might be worth going for safety over price at the moment anyway, I see that TGC and Simply have both stopped taking pre-orders so I wonder how much stock there's going to be floating around.

41.99 on amazon if you have Prime is the cheapest I've seen. Might be worth going for safety over price at the moment anyway, I see that TGC and Simply have both stopped taking pre-orders so I wonder how much stock there's going to be floating around.

Yeah, I was thinking it was Amazon. I really don't like how TGC just remove the game from their website instead of writing "Sold Out".

Lucifon

My cheap CoD:Legacy edition was 2 days late. They didn't send it until the actual release day. Might be isolated as it's the k my game I've pretty ordered from them though.

My cheap CoD: Legacy from them was on time FWIW so it might have been an anomaly. Or maybe because they had so many preorders for it.

JoeNut

Just pre-ordered mario kart 8 deluxe for switch, £40 with prime - can't see it being cheaper and it comes with a price drop guarantee.

TheMoon

I don't really want to spend £75 on a video game but I am buying it in case I regret not putting the order in later.

You can also just spend the regular £35 on just a video game since this is spending £75 on a video game, two figurines, an artbook and a soundtrack. If you look at it as "£75 on just a game" you've already lost.

£75? I knew this would happen when I saw that they would bundle the amiibos in with our LE. That's really annoying. It should be £50 at most and without amiibos.

Well, sell them afterwards.

Top Bottom