• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda PC Performance Thread

The trial is up for EA Origin / Early Access. Some impressions so far:

·feist·;232329131 said:

Frostbite has FPS counter.

perfoverlay.enable 1
perfoverlay.drawgraph 1 for full info or perfoverlay.drawFPS 1

For locking FPS check my post above.

As per @etdragonpunch on Twitter

GTX 1070/i5 4670k/16 GB DDR3

High @ 1440 = 35fps
Medium-Low @ 1440 = 60 w/ drops

100% repeatable full system crash after taking the tram.

Windows 10 64-bit/i7 6700K/980ti

Played next one.

The lowest fps drop was like 55fps for me in close room with like 7 NPCs and full 4 players. Generally the game runs at around 90+ fps even in heavy battle.
GTX1080 + 6800k@4ghz in 1080p@x1.25 on Ultra.

For finishing at 5 wave we got 5k credits, for finishing fully bronze we got 13k credits.

Looks quite good i would say. Crappy screens, because i just pressed screenshot key in random, more quiet moment :)

Played 1 match MP.
6700k @4.5
GTX 1080
Playing @ 1440p
Runs pretty good. 70-85fps

GTX 1080
16 GB DDR4

Runs great, 60+ fps with nearly everything on ultra, running, ehm, either 4K or 1440p. Still working out resolution stuff, running duplicate monitor/TV with the TV resolution set at 2160p. So I guess it runs at 2160p?

That said, the game is janky as fuck and I'm cancelling the hell out of my preorder

To clarify: by janky I mean the cutscenes have the flair and polish of a TellTale game. How the fuck does this game look and feel notably worse than Dragon Age, a crossplatform title?

I'm so disappointed, man. I don't know what Shinobi is smoking..I love Bioware but I can't get into this at all. I haven't played Dragon Age 2, but basically everything else they've made, and this is their worst game by a mile.

Xyber

GTX 1080, i7 5820K@4.4GHz, 16GB DDR4, Win 10. Playing at 1440p.

80-100fps with almost everything on low when you land on the first planet and work your way down a narrow path.

Around 120fps in multiplayer.

To put it in comparison with BF1. That game I run on mostly ultra settings with 2 things turned down to medium and I get 120+fps pretty much all the time. I won't be getting this after all. I was already not very excited after the very mixed impressions, but add performance problems on top of that and I'll just wait until it's cheap if I want to play it later on.

Already have waaay to many games I need to play anyway.

The Dark Shape

Neo Member
I have two 1080s installed and just picked up a 1080 Ti to replace them. I'll let you guys know how it runs on both setups when I get home from work.

There will probably be a new driver on release day. Hopefully that'll alleviate some of these technical issues.

There was an Nvidia Driver the other day, can't remember if it was for Andromeda. Damn this seems pretty bad, how do BioWare do it...and how did Mike Gamble suggest a 1080Ti or something wpuld be 4k 60fps...

During cut scenes and game play I get random freezes/hiccups(more so during cut scenes). Running the game at max settings(except lighting and effects, they're set to high).

System Specs:
GTX 1070
Intel i5-3570k @3.6Ghz
8GB RAM

This could be happening because the game was still installing when I was playing, or maybe not. Not really sure. Anyone else experiencing this with similar specs?

VpomRurd

Anyone had a crash due to a directx error? I've had it twice so far, once on the ark before landing and another on the planet, seemingly totally random crashes.

980ti, i5 6600k, 8GB Ram, Everything on ultra and 1440p. Been running fine and around 50-52fps and some spots are a smooth 60. I will say when I first started when it was at 42%, I had alot of frame drops to around 35-40fps and stuttering and thought it was busted. I waited until the installation was 100% done and things got better. Gonna drop a few things later to get a more consistant 60FPS. About to do the first mission after the prologue soon and see how things hold up there.

VpomRurd

By the way, I have a 970 and play at 1080, I've got some settings on ultra, some on high, and some on medium and I was getting 70+ fps on the first planet, definitely not dipping below 60 in combat.

Can't remember which is which but I think the settings that require a game reset are at medium, everything high+.

From the other thread :

Oh dear. Well I've grabbed the PS4 version due to friends on there, but was going to double dip at some point. Hopefully that sorta shit is fixed by the time I nab it!

Edit:

By the way, I have a 970 and play at 1080, I've got some settings on ultra, some on high, and some on medium and I was getting 70+ fps on the first planet, definitely not dipping below 60 in combat.

Can't remember which is which but I think the settings that require a game reset are at medium, everything high+.

Great news

JBwB

During cut scenes and game play I get random freezes/hiccups(more so during cut scenes). Running the game at max settings(except lighting and effects, they're set to high).

System Specs:
GTX 1070
Intel i5-3570k @3.6Ghz
8GB RAM

This could be happening because the game was still installing when I was playing, or maybe not. Not really sure. Anyone else experiencing this with similar specs?

What resolution are you playing the game at and what FPS are you getting on average?

Taggen86

U guys who have gtx1080s/titans and 4k hdr tvs, how does it run in 4k? Is it possible to get a locked 30/50 fps with some tweaks? Is there hdr support (dolby vision and/or hdr10)? I want to know whether I should buy ps pro or the pc version...

U guys who have gtx1080s/titans and 4k hdr tvs, how does it run in 4k? Is it possible to get a locked 30/50 fps with some tweaks? Is there hdr support (dolby vision and/or hdr10)? I want to know whether I should buy ps pro or the pc version...
Yeah it has HDR10.

Runs great (60fps) on GTX 1080 in 1440p with 1.2x resolution scaling on Ultra.

But please wait for reviews. From what I've played, the game is ass.

The game's actually better looking than I expected. Shaders, lighting, and effects look to be on par with other current graphically demanding titles. A fairly stable 1440p60 with most settings on "high" is as good as it gets on my 1080 FTW OCed to 2,088Mhz and 5820K at 4.3Ghz. I thought upgrading to a 1080ti might allow me to shoot for 4K60 at "high", but I don't think it's going to happen. Can't wait to receive the card and test it out, though.

Taggen86

Yeah it has HDR10.

Runs great (60fps) on GTX 1080 in 1440p with 1.2x resolution scaling on Ultra.

But please wait for reviews. From what I've played, the game is ass.

Thx for your answer. Anyone with a dolby vision compatible tv that could test dv? (Eg b6 oled)

HKA6A7

I see a lot of "I'm gonna fix this later" kind of bugs and jankiness. Which means, that the day MEA launches, the sky will tear itself up and from the clouds of gaming, a 2 GB patch (minimum) will fall from the sky to fix a lot of those.

Makes you wonder why they do these early access stuff if the product isn't ready, all it grants you is even more bad press.

Wulfram

I see a lot of "I'm gonna fix this later" kind of bugs and jankiness. Which means, that the day MEA launches, the sky will tear itself up and from the clouds of gaming, a 2 GB patch (minimum) will fall from the sky to fix a lot of those.

Makes you wonder why they do these early access stuff if the product isn't ready, all it grants you is even more bad press.

They've already got the "day 1" patch actually, so I wouldn't count on the bugs all being fixed soon.

System Specs:
GTX 1070
Intel i5-3570k @3.6Ghz
8GB RAM

Same thing happened to me as well. Once it finished downloading the game it got alot better. (980ti, i56600K@3.5,8GB RAM)

Watching the Giant Bomb stream and this game simply looks like an unpolished mess. Like a serious delay was needed and the publisher said "nope, ship it."

HKA6A7

They've already got the "day 1" patch actually, so I wouldn't count on the bugs all being fixed soon.

I'm gonna make some popcorn for this tuesday.

Anybody else wants popcorn? Coke? We still have time to get ready, looks like another big fight on a fanbase is coming.

i5 4590
16GB DDR3
SSD

I'm getting 1080 peas and 60 frames per second
Pr687ZN.png
Settings

You have a 1070 and are playing at 900p?

My monitor is holding me back lol, but before I stopped playing to let the game finish installing I decided to mess with the resolution scale and discovered the 1080p option. Is that pretty much upscaled 1080p?

Same thing happened to me as well. Once it finished downloading the game it got alot better. (980ti, i56600K@3.5,8GB RAM)

Nice, I'll find out if anything changes when the game finishes installing.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Fantastic to hear :)

Top Bottom