• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

Sometimes I don't understand what hotdogs do in the background mmr wise. Did a super nice game on Artanis. Making plays, swapping fools to start snowball teamfights, get second best damage, second siege, better damage taken than the opposing artanis, top xp on my team and same death count as everyone else: get 13 mmr while everyone else gets 40+. I should start ignoring those numbers again especially since it's qm. I just can't help it.

What you do in a game has absolutely no bearing on your MMR beyond winning or losing. Your teammates could still be in their "placement/sliding MMR" games and you are likely done with yours, or your MMR could simply just be higher, or any number of things. How well you perform has shit all to do with it.

brian!

Mmr seems to just be w/l, where you are in the mmr range on your team, the mmr differential between teams (you get more/lose less if the cumulative mmr of your team is less than theirs), and number of games played during the season (if you play a lot the game is more confident of where you are currently)

Maledict

Apparently it's a piece of crusader art from d3 that's occasionally used - no idea why they didn't just use Johanna.

Reminds me of the Li-Ming from Mage wars. That was terrifying.

Kioshen

I did play a lot more this season so this is probably why. I'm trying to catch up with you guys skill wise to not feel like a dumb pole everytime I play. MMR was the one thing I could point to encourage me that I was going in the right direction but realistically I should focus on something else. My death count did go down overall so that's a start.

The "RY" syllable in Ryu literally doesn't exist in the English language, so that one's at least understandable.

The RY in hairy is awfully close. In any case, it doesn't really matter in the end.

brian!

Didnt know wiz khalifa zarya was a thing

My money is on misfits over dig, might be underestimating dig to use cheese to set the tone tho

I'm really curious to finally see how Dignitas is gonna look with Zaelia. If there's one thing the team always lacked then it's a melee carry. Many tried but JayPL seems to have settled for tank and it never really ended up working out for them.

Definitely Misfits is the favourite.

Maledict

Yep, same here. Roster swaps always take some time, and they haven't played a single tournament since changing players.

Not sure why you suspect Dig to use cheese though - they tend to be a very straightforward team? Misfits are the ones who usually break out the cheesy weird stuff.

Maledict

Oh maybe im getting things confused, i always viewed dig as the wily eu team

Nah, IMO I think Dig sometimes are weak because they do the opposite - they focus on playing very straight forward stuff very well. Their best trick for some time was Jaina and Zeratul heroics combined, which is as far away from cheese as I can think. They just did it better than anyone else because they pracised mechanically to perfection (you know, an hour or so...).

I do remover Navi drafting Butcher / Falstad without a tank back in 2015 - glorious cheese! ;-)

brian!

Yeah now that i think about it that one interview w/ a fnatic member on the hgc site was characterizing them as a korea copier a la nvt so im prob way off on this one

I predict at least 1 greymane pick today

Kioshen

I like those lower thirds during the draft. They should have proof read them a little bit like the Li-Ming overflowing or Zeratul not being centered with a space in a word.

brian!

Great draft, only pick i disagree w/ is rehgar, big lack of globals surprisingly which allowed an abby pick

Lack of waveclear on dig and fear of wombo from misfits make me favor misfits comp tho, but dbl warrior abathur is very strong

Alur

When they announced they talent they said Khaldor was in the process of moving and would miss the first week IIRC.

Prelude.

I tried my best as the #1PK but it wasn't enough. Feels bad.

456549vs6g.jpg

To be fair, the game was alright, but we never got a lot of value out of our 3 immortals.

Maledict

Lack of wave clear here seems a real issue for Dig. Dont think I've ever seen a pro game at this level where one team potentially has all towers at this stage.

kirblar

Lack of wave clear here seems a real issue for Dig. Dont think I've ever seen a pro game at this level where one team potentially has all towers at this stage.
"Oh, you're all in on Li-Ming? He're Anub!" is hilarious

Abathur really made no sense in response to their comp imo.

brian!

Nickrlodeon production?

And seeing Dadnaros in the first game is cool.

Yeah like the intro stuff during the gate countdown (reminded me of those teenage american gladiator shows) and the kidsy tone from the casters (well i mean that's just trik's voice tho)

Maledict

Didnt catch the draft but malf is the only viable support to pick early in the draft

they've first picked him twice, which seems way too high for me. It's letting Misfits grab Ragnaros both times as well as their choice of other heroe s(including the dreaded Tassadar this game).

Feels like Dignitas's drafts are killing them atm more than anything. I'm not feeling the Li-Ming high in the draft either - because they don't seem to get the kills to make her useful.

brian!

they've first picked him twice, which seems way too high for me. It's letting Misfits grab Ragnaros both times as well as their choice of other heroe s(including the dreaded Tassadar this game).

Feels like Dignitas's drafts are killing them atm more than anything. I'm not feeling the Li-Ming high in the draft either - because they don't seem to get the kills to make her useful.

Could be bakery's pool too, but malf is very good in warrior heavy meta

Alur

Milly ain't fighting no one IRL. He likes to jab, but he's not much for full on confrontation so I think you'll be fine Kio. Just jab him about how much worse at OW he is than you.

Top Bottom