• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metro Last Light Screenshots

DTKT

I really don't care about whatever shiny new renderer they used. The only thing that saved 2033 was the atmosphere and the setting. I always felt trapped. I kept running out of Gasmask filters, firefights were really tense because guns were not the most accurate. Playing it carefully and patiently was a really rewarding experience. It's something most games tend to forget.

So yeah, if they kept the atmosphere and the pacing from 2033, I'm on board. If this is a "bro-shooter" set in a Moscow metro, then I'll be disappointed no matter how pretty it looks. Also, I need to be able to play with Russian VO. I missed out on a lot of the ambient dialogue from 2033 because they just subtitled the most important lines. Still, it was pretty key to the atmosphere.

DTKT

To be fair, these screens don't look all that good. They seem foggy and blurry. Like someone went overboard with FXAA(or whatever is that AA that blurs everything).

There is a definite lack of "sharpness" in pretty much everything.

injurai

Banned
hopefully THQ gets through everything. I can see them becoming another great and humble publisher after everything. Especially with Jason Rubin at the helm.

Card Boy

Banned
This won't do anything for THQ, if anything it will make do worse. I guess they got some nutter paying their depts though now.

Corto

My GTX570 started overheating just showing those screenshots. I think I smell urine too from inside the case.

legacyzero

Banned

now THAT is more like it.
Metro-Last-Light-3.jpg

Looks fcking fantastic. Feel guilty as I never gave the original the proper time of day on PC ...that or it couldn't hold my interest

Anyway, here's hoping the PS3 port turns out respectable as that's all I got

Top Bottom