• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

that reminds me that i ordered this statue :

ashita-no-joe-yabuki-last-scene-orca-toys-1.jpeg

After reading the new domain registered for DragonBall2018, I kinda want a movie about Jiren vs Hit. They seem to me like a good rivalry, much more than them vs Goku or Vegeta, especially with all the justice vs assassin that could come up from this.

88random

After reading the new domain registered for DragonBall2018, I kinda want a movie about Jiren vs Hit. They seem to me like a good rivalry, much more than them vs Goku or Vegeta, especially with all the justice vs assassin that could come up from this.

We are going to get Goten and Trunks vs poachers!

I'm really curious to know how many characters were directly designed By Toriyama for this arc. I don't think we have seen Toriyama's Jiren art?

HeroR

Funny how the latest summery just completely triggered two people on Kanzenshuu with them declaring Cali and Kale the worst characters in Super and hoped Toyo 'fixes' them.
Because Cali is a bitch for asking for Kale's help to fight Goku instead of being a 'true Saiyan'.
Sheesh, talk about salty.

LotusHD

Banned
Funny how the latest summery just completely triggered two people on Kanzenshuu with them declaring Cali and Kale the worst characters in Super and hoped Toyo 'fixes' them.
Because Cali is a bitch for asking for Kale's help to fight Goku instead of being a 'true Saiyan'.

I would say I'm shocked... but I'm not.

kunonabi

It does make her look pretty worthless after all the build up they gave her

Worst characters in Super is a huge stretch though.

Korosenai

I want to finally get into Dragonball Super and have some questions that I’m sure gets asked a lot

Should I watch the movies or the episodes of the anime that covers the movies? Or both? Or do the movies adequately cover the episodes from the anime that way I can skip the 30-40ish episodes they cover?

Should I read the manga as well? Or is that just something they’re adapting from the anime instead of the anime being adapted from the manga?

HeroR

I would say I'm shocked... but I'm not.

Bonus point for the U6 Namekians not being the worst, despite trying to shoot a weakened opponent in the back after having nothing to do with U7 up to that point. Or that one summery that says
Cali and Kale helped Goku with U3, since his teammates are not around for some reason.
Nope, they're bitches and the worse thing in Super.

Have to thank Chaos for teaching me a new meme, since this is bitch eating crackers.

How so? Cali challenges Goku after she
helped him against U3 and it's hinted that she's helping to get Goku's stamina back from fighting (how that works, I have no clue).
It's just more shocking how triggered some people got.

LotusHD

Banned

I mean, I dunno what the episode will actually entail, but god forbid someone actually do the smart thing for once and team up on their opponent

Bonus point for the U6 Namekians not being the worst, despite trying to shoot a weakened opponent in the back after having nothing to do with U7 up to that point. Or that one summery that says
Cali and Kale helped Goku with U3, since his teammates are not around for some reason.
Nope, they're bitches and the worse thing in Super.

Have to thank Chaos for teaching me a new meme, since this is bitch eating crackers.

Emphasis on the bitch part I suppose... :p

Skii

I'm really curious to know how many characters were directly designed By Toriyama for this arc. I don't think we have seen Toriyama's Jiren art?

I would've assumed that Toriyama designs the main stuff like UI and Jiren? Doubt he done the rest of the pride troopers. Maybe designed Caulifla and Kale

Moaradin

I would've assumed that Toriyama designs the main stuff like UI and Jiren? Doubt he done the rest of the pride troopers. Maybe designed Caulifla and Kale

Pretty sure he did design Caulifla. First look of her we got was from a drawing by him. Not sure about Kale though.

asagami_

Banned
I want to finally get into Dragonball Super and have some questions that I’m sure gets asked a lot

Should I watch the movies or the episodes of the anime that covers the movies? Or both? Or do the movies adequately cover the episodes from the anime that way I can skip the 30-40ish episodes they cover?

Should I read the manga as well? Or is that just something they’re adapting from the anime instead of the anime being adapted from the manga?

Watch Battle of God movie > Dragon Ball Super Battle of God arc and following episodes > Resurrection F movie > Dragon Ball Super Universal 6 tournament and onward

If you really want to see the F arc in Super is at your own risk lol

Yes, all the important characters appear to be designed by Toriyama as well as Androids’ new designs. I kind of want to know will U4 bugs be important as well. Toyotaro did art featuring main characters for this art recently enough.

This is why I think Ribrianne is gonna stay for while.

At the same time, I believe he did also at least one angel, but the one from U8 Who does not seem to have any importance at the moment. I found that very interesting.

Also, I would like to know how many tournament fighters are Toei-filler or if Toyotaro helped with them. Probably a lot. I suspect characters in opening like Ganos are Toriyama created, but I can’t say for sure yet.

They already set up that Caulifla and Goku were going to have a rematch back in 101 and their original fight did't have Kale teaming up with Caulifla.

They already set up that Caulifla and Goku were going to have a rematch back in 101 and their original fight did't have Kale teaming up with Caulifla.
Kale did try to help, pissing off Goku and Caulifla in the process...which eventually just turned Kale into a jealous rage and ended up ragdolling Goku. I need to see that again. I don't think Goku's ever been manhandled like that in Z.

Confirmed imo. Gohan will be finishing off things for universe 7 this tournament. He will be who gets the big win, or who saves universe 7. He will also be the one to get the wish from the super dragon balls.

Morlas

I don't think they're playing to take out Goku i think they know that Goku is the best chance of beating Jiren and they want to get him back into fighting shape

HeroR

Confirmed imo. Gohan will be finishing off things for universe 7 this tournament. He will be who gets the big win, or who saves universe 7. He will also be the one to get the wish from the super dragon balls.

Keep the dream alive and what have Gohan done in this entire tournament to be MVP?

Cutebrute

Yes, all the important characters appear to be designed by Toriyama as well as Androids’ new designs. I kind of want to know will U4 bugs be important as well. Toyotaro did art featuring main characters for this art recently enough.

Wait, Toyotaro did this? Does this mean Gohan will have his superior gi in the manga?

Kale did try to help, pissing off Goku and Caulifla in the process...which eventually just turned Kale into a jealous rage and ended up ragdolling Goku. I need to see that again. I don't think Goku's ever been manhandled like that in Z.

That's not Caulifla calling in Kale to help, that was Kale shooting one blast to try and help and Caulfla not being happy about it, 113 is Caulifla asking Kale to team up.

HeroR

That's not Caulifla calling in Kale to help, that was Kale shooting one blast to try and help and Caulfla not being happy about it, 113 is Caulifla asking Kale to team up.

Am more curious to know why Cali is having problems with a weakened base Goku. I hope it's like Roshi vs. Geno and it isn't that Goku as weak as he is is that much stronger in base.

Am more curious to know why Cali is having problems with a weakened base Goku. I hope it's like Roshi vs. Geno and it isn't that Goku as weak as he is is that much stronger in base.
Are we even sure Cali recovered fully from her last big fight? She would be eliminated if Kale didn't help her.

I think she would be in better shape than Goku.

If UI is body based reaction time and not directly related to his new form could it be that with his new reaction time/moves that its more than capable of overwhelming both even with his weakened state? And that as Goku recovers it just ends up being much harder for them causing Kale to again doubt herself and go Berserk?

HeroR

If UI is body based reaction time and not directly related to his new form could it be that with his new reaction time/moves that its more than capable of overwhelming both even with his weakened state? And that as Goku recovers it just ends up being much harder for them causing Kale to again doubt herself and go Berserk?

That is a good possibility and I would like if that was the case.

Except for Kale losing control again, which I don't think that will be the case.

Caulifla is ok I guess, but she needs to lose to learn to not be annoyingly cocky. God forbid she is the last one surviving and wins ugh.

Kale is meh. She is clearly referencing non-canon character. That makes her feels really weird. I don’t remember Toriyama ever referencing his non-canon stuff, besides making Bardock canon and his backstory somewhat canon.

M.D

The best thing about this is knowing these haters will have to deal with U6 becoming a permanent part of the show

Skeeter49

This is actual
character development for Caulifla since she wouldn't have wanted help earlier.
It's also the first time we'll see Kale fight in controlled form.

Top Bottom