• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous SS Photo Mode |OT| If it's not bokeh, don't fix it

Rizzi

idEHOggAiI27D.jpg

iOaSShFUMEEou.jpg

ipaetJLRWjNmd.jpg

Boss spoiler:

Demon Ice

Banned
It is absolutely freaking nuts how good this game looks. So many of these screenshots are wallpaper-worthy.

Every PS4 exclusive needs a photo mode like this. Wow.

Jexx21

Neo Member
Why only PS4 exclusives? Every third-person action/adventure should have photo mode. Especially Assassin's Creed.

1909273_3995324579228_3845295550818865026_o.jpg

901451_3995329339347_5363630971565750713_o.jpg

1890559_3995335139492_2888282013076672008_o.jpg

viveks86

Seriously, never seen that and the detail of the chains. Insane how much detail there is that would be impossible to see without the photo mode

We've reached a point where a dev has literally over-delivered! It's difficult to appreciate most of this during normal gameplay. And SP weren't even thinking about this mode until all the community feedback! Crazy!

M.Steiner

There's some crazy good shots in here, Jesus.
Haven't had a chance to check this photo mode out just yet but I'll have to do so later methinks.

Jexx21

Neo Member
Delsin hopes that this is one of the people that wants to have his babies, and not one of ones who think his name is Dilbert:

10295511_3995573985463_5904710097334130785_o.jpg

-griffy-

Banned
Ignorant question here. Does this game in motion look as good as these pics?

For the most part, yes. There aren't any tricks going on with the photo-mode. It simply pauses the action and is still running in real time, with all the same assets and image quality. You have full control over the camera, so these pics still represent what the game looks like "in motion." The photo-mode gives you control over depth of field, so you can adjust how out of focus things get and where the focus plane is, but that's something that is built into the real-time engine anyways. Certain weather conditions already put the background slightly out of focus, when you pause the game it cranks the DOF way up, during real time cutscenes it is using DOF. So it's not some "fake" effect. The only thing that affects the look in photo-mode is you can pick several filters to alter the color, sort of like Instagram, but that is the extent of it.

This is what the game actually looks like for the most part, this mode is just letting you frame the action however you want.

valkyre

what you see in these pictures is nothing else than pausing the gameplay action and moving the camera around adding just DoF if you want and some instagram filters also if you want.

In short yes the game looks like this. This is not the kind of photo mode that uses higher detailed models and additional AA. What you see is entirely in game action.

The thing is though that because this is a 3rd person game and the camera is following the player from a distance, that you cannot appreciate the huge amount of detail this game has. You cant for example see how unbelievably detailed is Delsin's chain or his shoes , or a ton of other stuff.

With this photo mode now we can see all these details and appreciate the monumental work that SP has put in this product. Its an open world game and yet the attention to detail is staggering!

BouncyFrag

what you see in these pictures is nothing else than pausing the gameplay action and moving the camera around adding just DoF if you want and some instagram filters also if you want.

In short yes the game looks like this. This is not the kind of photo mode that uses higher detailed models and additional AA. What you see is entirely in game action.

The thing is though that because this is a 3rd person game and the camera is following the player from a distance, that you cannot appreciate the huge amount of detail this game has. You cant for example see how jnbelievably detailed is Delsin's chain or his shoes , or a ton of other stuff.

With this photo mode now we can see all these details and appreciate the monumental work that SP has put in this product. Its an open world game and yet the attention to detail is staggering!
Thanks!

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
13920507643_6dc1a81ccc_o.png

Code:
[IMG]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7190/13902773621_972b7f21ca_o.png[/IMG]

How are you guys getting these flawless captures? All mine are compressed through Twitter upload.

I heard something about the Playstation App, but I can't work it out.

NJShadow

How are you guys getting these flawless captures? All mine are compressed through Twitter upload.

I heard something about the Playstation App, but I can't work it out.

I initially did mine through Twitter (not the greatest), but then I just realized that I could upload to Facebook, go to the image and choose "view full-screen" and boom, it certainly looks like the source image to me. Then you just copy the image source.

Shin-Ra

Send pictures to second PSN account, open that conversation in PlayStation App, save to device and upload to Flickr or whatever.

Wow, that's a surprisingly well modelled butt. Can't say I've spent much time checking out the NPC's arses.

Didn't they say they scanned actual seattlers? This ain't no modelled butt, this is a real life butt!
Its walking around somewhere in Seattle right at this moment.

Well these pics are focused in on singular details. So, it does look this good, but you will not be focused on just the small little minute details all the time like these photos. They are not doctored or anything. You just pause the game whenever, work the camera, add some DOF, change the color scheme, etc. Its not like the renderer kicks into high gear or anything when paused lol. This is exactly how the game looks.

kyser73

I guess we can all see where the 120k polys SP talked about in their GDC presentation went.

Some truly astonishing compositions & shots here, and the insane attention to asset detail that without this would be missed...can't wait to get cracking with this myself!

Top Bottom