• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 Box Art Leaked through Origin [Update: Large Banner Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the book Crysis: Legion is to be believed than at the end Prophet's and Alcatraz's personalities have merged into one consciousness.

Man, all of the great literature in the world and there's a Crysis book.

I feel bad for anyone who reads video game books in general, but a Crysis one? Can't get lower than that.

-SD-

Banned
ji8237dlk1fap2u.png

Man, all of the great literature in the world and there's a Crysis book.

I feel bad for anyone who reads video game books in general, but a Crysis one? Can't get lower than that.

I hate to be that guy, but Halo: Fall of Reach by Eric Nylund is very good.
It was even going to come out before the game (showing someone felt it could stand on it's own) until Microsoft held it back until the game was out.

There is a BOOK?!

this is some Mass Effect bullshit right there.
Yes and its horrendous. Allow me to quote an actual excerpt:

CHAPTER: ERECTION

The rest, as they say, is history.

The spire vented, of course. That was the whole plan. It went off exactly when it was supposed to, but not before we’d raped its hanging fly ass; and when all that jizz spread out across Manhattan, it was carrying our sperm, not the Ceph’s. The Tunguska Iteration blew those fuckers apart like maggots in a microwave.

Crysis 2 the first sequel to ever look significantly worse at release than its predecessor.

Crytek has to redeem itself BIG after that disappointment.

Ugh, when was Crysis ever about the plot?

I need some type of interesting narrative hook. Once I got past the initial first hour the game became a literal bore to play because nothing made sense or mattered. I find the same problem in the current Call of Duty games.

I should also say that I didn't find the gameplay that exciting either. Fighting the brain dead aliens wasn't fun.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Crysis 2 the first sequel to ever look significantly worse at release than its predecessor.

Crytek has to redeem itself BIG after that disappointment.

...? It does look worse, it is a step back. Crysis was cutting edge and still a pillar of graphical achievement. Crysis 2... not so much.

I'll side with KKRT00 on this one :

- No.

You could argue which of the crysis games looks artistically better but in no way shape or form does C2 "look significantly worse" or a "step back".

...? It does look worse, it is a step back. Crysis was cutting edge and still a pillar of graphical achievement. Crysis 2... not so much.

I still the Crysis one is the best looking game ever, then again I have only seen the PS3 version of BF3, and haven't seen Witcher 2 at all.

Ugh, when was Crysis ever about the plot?

It's fine for a game not to be about it's plot, it is not fine however for a game like that to be filled with long unsinkable cutsense, more moments of walking behind a slow as shit NPC.

If you're about level and combat design then do that and stop with the poor halfhearted attempts at story telling.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Why were they comparing the C2 Multiplayer demo to Modded Crysis. Not a good comparison.

then compare here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AzUCbRCvB8

regardless jumping from one to another feels like a downgrade at times, and other times feels like a completely different art direction was taken (yes i know city vs island, but im talking feel and style, not just environmental, 2 feels more COD while 1 feels more realistic) This greatly effects what i consider "Better looking'.

syoaran

I'm not really sure I want, Crysis 2 pretty much killed the franchise for me. Still a lovely looking and sounding game, but the story just makes no sense in relation to the first.

Crysis 1/2 spoilers below
I still don't understand
why a nuclear launch is used as a pretext to speed up the end game. The entire of Crysis shows that the Ceph absorb energy, including nuclear blasts. Why on earth is the same country making the same mistake twice? Thinking about the end game, why on earth did the Ceph wait to attack anyone else after the 1st game... Or the fact that everyone seems to have just laid back for six years waiting for the clock to run out.

Alxjn

I'm not really sure I want, Crysis 2 pretty much killed the franchise for me. Still a lovely looking and sounding game, but the story just makes no sense in relation to the first.

Crysis 1/2 spoilers below
I still don't understand
why a nuclear launch is used as a pretext to speed up the end game. The entire of Crysis shows that the Ceph absorb energy, including nuclear blasts. Why on earth is the same country making the same mistake twice? Thinking about the end game, why on earth did the Ceph wait to attack anyone else after the 1st game... Or the fact that everyone seems to have just laid back for six years waiting for the clock to run out.

Well, we are talking about the country that also tried to drown aquatic aliens by sinking a section of New York haha.

Cyrano

IN THE FUTURE... we use bows.

Seriously it would be hilarious (and awesome) if the game went for medieval "modernized" techno-gadgets. High-velocity sabers and propelled throwing knives... oh my!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I still the Crysis one is the best looking game ever, then again I have only seen the PS3 version of BF3, and haven't seen Witcher 2 at all.

You seriously need to rectify this. The PC version of BF3 is mindblowing in comparison to the PS3 version. Witcher 2 is also brilliant.

IN THE FUTURE... we use bows.

Seriously it would be hilarious (and awesome) if the game went for medieval "modernized" techno-gadgets. High-velocity sabers and propelled throwing knives... oh my!

At that point it would be close to Quake 1 levels of greatness.

You seriously need to rectify this. The PC version of BF3 is mindblowing in comparison to the PS3 version. Witcher 2 is also brilliant.
I'm on a Packard Bell laptop I got for writing and video editing, it can't even play Poker Night at the Inventory properly, as soon as I get made paid I'll make sure to get a proper rig.

scitek

Yeah, why waste it for the old hardware?! Crysis 3 should be on next gen hardware.

They can get two out on the same systems, only with more experience and at the tail-end of a generation so they can send it off with a bang, and then Crysis 4 can be their first game in the next one.

sn00zer

After play both 1 and 2 I gotta say 2 looks better than 1, maybe some slightly better textures in 1, but overall with all of the lighting/camera effects and little pop in compared to Crysis, gotta say 2 gets it but not by much....now Crysis level openess on 2s engine would properly blow 1 away

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm on a Packard Bell laptop I got for writing and video editing, it can't even play Poker Night at the Inventory properly, as soon as I get made paid I'll make sure to get a proper rig.

Well, you don't have to do it IMMEDIATELY. Just, at some point!

These graphics comparisons are a joke. Yes, if you have a 350 dollar graphics card or above, Crysis 1 looks better. But the engine was so poorly optimized that anything below would cause a horribly uneven frame rate. I have a 6950 2gb and on all high settings there was a range from 35 to 60 fps, depending on where I looked. Crysis 2 runs much smoother, looks almost as good (and better in some ways I believe) and most importantly runs on more hardware. Is it really hard to understand why they did that?

Kayhan

These graphics comparisons are a joke. Yes, if you have a 350 dollar graphics card or above, Crysis 1 looks better. But the engine was so poorly optimized that anything below would cause a horribly uneven frame rate.

Ah yes, ye olde Crysis was poorly coded argument.....

Ah yes, ye olde Crysis was poorly coded argument.....

Poorly coded or not, when I look out into the distance in the first game, it gets noticeably choppy. Maybe Crysis 2 is smoother because it doesn't have those draw distances, which means maybe they learned the limitations of their engine the second time around.

Nizz

I'm game for Crysis 3. I just hope the engine is a little more optimized this time. I ended up getting both Crysis 2 and then Crysis 1 on PS3. I love the gameplay, how your suit powers come into play with how you take on encounters. Also love how you traverse the environments too using the enhanced jump and how you can grab ledges.

So much fun doing things your way instead of following a strict route laid out for you. I've seen people mention how C2 was way more linear than C1 but even if it is, it was still more open than some of the other FPS games of today.

A part of me honestly thought that Crytek would have held off on this till the next round of consoles at least. I really hope it's a steady 30fps this time at least. Crysis 2 seemed to hover at the 25fps mark early on. Later parts of the game seemed to run better, a steadier 30fps.

Kinyou

You're Alcatraz, a marine who was coming to back up Prophet and Gould fighting the Ceph in NYC. You get attacked and Prophet finds you near death and puts you in the nanosuit. Prophet kills himself because he's infected with a Ceph virus. The suit is the only reason that Alcatraz can do anything since he's essentially dead.

The nanosuit is working on a cure to the virus and ways to interface with Ceph tech. At the end you release the cure and vaporize all the Ceph by jumping into their main spire in Central Park and Prophet's consciousness, which was uploaded into the suit, takes control of the suit and Alcatraz's body.
Prophet seems like a dick, just taking Alcatraz body like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom