• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Losing over 80 rank points because your team sucks is frustrating
The Slosher is Rifuckingdiculous. Doing that much damage with that much spread with that much range.
It's slow, rush that shit down. As for the chaingun don't ever confront them head on.

WALKMAN04

I saw someone on youtube do it before I ever saw anyone do it on GAF.
Well ours have mines anyway and only inkbrush nouveau, so I guess ours is still original in its own way. Also was that you I played round of ranked with yesterday where you lag killed me from spawn and then disconnected, the name was robotguy and was using jet squelchers, I wasn't sure if your in game name had capitals or not this one didn't and was A+

Robotguy

Well ours have mines anyway and only inkbrush nouveau, so I guess ours is still original in its own way. Also was that you I played round of ranked with yesterday where you lag killed me from spawn and then disconnected, the name was robotguy and was using jet squelchers, I wasn't sure if your in game name had capitals or not this one didn't and was A+
Yeah, it was. I didn't notice that you were in the match with me, but I noticed you standing around outside the lobby after I got DC'd.

Edit: Man, I didn't even know the nouveau was out. Last time I played bumper brush we were using Octobrushes.

Geg

Yeah, it was. I didn't notice that you were in the match with me, but I noticed you standing around outside the lobby after I got DC'd.

Edit: Man, I didn't even know the nouveau was out. Last time I played bumper brush we were using Octobrushes.

Yeah one of the first things we did after the update was start a bumper brush room with all inkbrush nouveaus. Well, we tried to. It was hard to get a full 8 people who knew what was going on. I guess that's what passwords are for

Exile20

If there are any new Splatoon players out there join us in the Discord voice chat. We have over 60 people in there.

Check the below post for the info.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=174018831

Please quote to see the Discord invitation
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
QUOTE ME!!!
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

WALKMAN04

Well thank you for disconnecting lol, it was an easy 9 points which is incredibly hard to earn at S rank, you usually get 4 or less. Did you ever make it to S I know you had a little trouble yesterday, I had to drop from A+99 all they way to A+ with 1 point left, then I just said I'm not deranking into A, then went on a tear, destroying teams lol and made it to S in 40 minutes.

Robotguy

Well thank you for disconnecting lol, it was an easy 9 points which is incredibly hard to earn at S rank, you usually get 4 or less. Did you ever make it to S I know you had a little trouble yesterday, I had to drop from A+99 all they way to A+ with 1 point left, then I just said I'm not deranking into A, then went on a tear, destroying teams lol and made it to S in 40 minutes.
Not yet. Think I'm around 60-70 right now.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ah, the joy of being number one in a room full of three star equipment users while sporting one star stuff for fun.

MbbXGPH.png

kunonabi

I hate the changes to the mall stage. Is there any point to sniper rifles at this point? The range is just so pitiful and stuff like the slosher and the long range machine guns seem better in every other way.

Lol

I hope to see a ton of aero users during splatfest. Pressuring aeros or really any other super short rage weapon is one of my favorite things to do.
I think this is a sign. To find that thread randomly today after our aerospray friend must mean something
*shrug* I kill people using that pretty often with the splash-o-matic.
Oh no doubt the aerospray has just become a splat gaf joke after a user said anyone who doesn't use it is a detriment to the team

Ah, the joy of being number one in a room full of three star equipment users while sporting one star stuff for fun.

MbbXGPH.png
This is how I felt when I just started playing the other day being level 5 vs a bunch of 20's
Yeah, the bonuses from equipment can matter, but it's still down to tactics and approach for the most part. This is why I like the fact that damage ups and defense tend to only alter TTK in very specific circumstances.

The Slosher is Rifuckingdiculous. Doing that much damage with that much spread with that much range.
Slosher is a lot of fun :3 but the shot is narrow like a Charger's shot. Moving around to mess up their aim can help, similar to how Gals have their scary 2HKOs but (constantly) missing the 2nd shot is horrible.

EulaCapra

Anyone up for a bit of Twin Squad? B+/B/B- range. Lobby is set.

NNID: EulaCapra. Splatoon Mii name is the same.

Edit: Holler at me if you need to friend me first so I can exit the lobby and go to Friend's List.

NeoRausch

Anyone up for a bit of Twin Squad? B+/B/B- range. Lobby is set.

NNID: EulaCapra. Splatoon Mii name is the same.

Edit: Holler at me if you need to friend me first so I can exit the lobby and go to Friend's List.

Commin!

Edit:

Uhoh!😂😂 that's gonna end well

Geg

Lol

I hope to see a ton of aero users during splatfest. Pressuring aeros or really any other super short rage weapon is one of my favorite things to do.

There are always a ton. One of my favorite moments during last splatfest was in my 3v4 win, there was an aerospray on top of the tallest pile of crates in the north platform of Saltspray, just spinning in circles to spread ink around. She apparently didn't notice my trail of ink on the ground because I was able to swim up the crates and splat both her and a roller who had just superjumped to her.

I think that was basically how we got that win, because after I secured the north and started laying beakons, my other two teammates jumped to me and we started pushing south and splatting everyone who tried to stop us

jnWake

Region Latency
US-East (Virginia) 144 ms
US-West (California) 178 ms
US-West (Oregon) 506 ms
Europe (Ireland) 224 ms
Europe (Frankfurt) 246 ms
Asia Pacific (Singapore) 348 ms
Asia Pacific (Sydney) 386 ms
Asia Pacific (Japan) 288 ms
South America (Brazil) 76 ms

Being a chilean squid is suffering. Where is Brazil GAF for some decent ping haha.

Zing

Banned
This is how I felt when I just started playing the other day being level 5 vs a bunch of 20's
Today, I was wondering what the level 6 players I saw thought when playing against level 26-28 in our match.

Hey I don't think yours is all that bad. For what it's worth out of all the gaffers I've experienced lag with I think Kas has the worst. Is he in Europe too or does he just have a really bad connection?
Violet seemed to have the worst overall In regard to ping (I think he fixed this now?), but was consistently lagged. I agree that Kas has the worst I have seen of any GAF, including all the europeans I have been playing with. He frequently teleports in game and gets comm errors.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Today, I was wondering what the level 6 players I saw thought when playing against level 26-28 in our match.

"How are they so bad compared to me? I barely just started!" or something like that. Unless they were not bad then they thought "OMG SO UNFAIR" Which isn't really true since most of the low level weapons are super good.

DaBoss

I got scared that my analog stick wasn't working properly. When inputting Up after inputting Down fully, it would have a slight delay. I tried the calibration button combination, but it wouldn't work.

And then I disconnected the charger from the Gamepad and it started working fine.
I look like a dork :p
Those boots gotta go.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
From the Wii U directly, with LAN. In Toronto.

US-East (Virginia) 42 ms
US-West (California) 77 ms
US-West (Oregon) 84 ms
Europe (Ireland) 108 ms
Europe (Frankfurt) 108 ms
Asia Pacific (Singapore) 253 ms
Asia Pacific (Sydney) 220 ms
Asia Pacific (Japan) 180 ms
South America (Brazil) 191 ms

Top Bottom