• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

sixghost

A7D2E046944CD20CE1D072A2137B9D0D9578A9A7

d

Yeef

I've updated Jankyard to b2.

Changelog:
  • Shortened side walls near trench
  • Added block bullet brushes between kegs near point
  • Removed third person trigger from spawn rooms
  • Changed ammo pack behind to point medium (from large)
  • Changed ammo pack behind lone rock to small (from medium)
  • Added doorway to side barn behind tractors
  • Added extra barrels to stack and grate fences to left spawn exit to protect from snipers

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Yeah so Yeef you need to increase your lands like a Bruce on the outside of the map, when you fly up in the air the illusion is shattered and I realize I'm not in an actual jankyard at all! I'm on some sort of floating island in the sky. You just made a skybox cube around the whole map didn't you. DIDN'T YOU.

Yeef

Yeah so Yeef you need to increase your lands like a Bruce on the outside of the map, when you fly up in the air the illusion is shattered and I realize I'm not in an actual jankyard at all! I'm on some sort of floating island in the sky. You just made a skybox cube around the whole map didn't you. DIDN'T YOU.
I intend to have stuff around the outside of the map plus a 3D skybox, but only once all the gameplay stuff is good.

(And then I plan to teleport everyone out there so we can have no man's land battles while waiting for players).

Fallengorn purposely intercepted that reflected rocket to save that medic. We should all be so lucky to have such a valiant warrior among us.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Fallengorn purposely intercepted that reflected rocket to save that medic. We should all be so lucky to have such a valiant warrior among us.

Yeah that's the ticket! All according to keikaku.

Actually, many a time Woobie has lived on because some dork on the other team stepped in front of my rocket. :\

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I was killed by my own rocket by a pyro that was standing behind me... I was a tad confused when I fired my rocket and it immediately killed me.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Yeef got me with a reflected rocketed yesterday when I was playing engineer. It's like the worst feeling in the world. I wasn't even doing anything I DON'T DESERVE THIS.

Proven

Alien should shush because he reflected one or two of my rockets last night. One of them hit Woobie. You bastard.

The only thing close to as fun as playing one of your favorite classes is playing against one of your favorite classes and knowing how to time your rockets to screw up the other player. However, it's all fun and games until someone reflects your kritz!

I still await for someone to make a clip where they are a kritz'd Pyro turning regular rockets into full crit rockets. I think I've only done it once, three or so years ago (very shortly after the update that allowed this awesomeness).

Clydefrog

Inadvertant kills/deaths are the best/worst. I love killing an invisible spy in the open with my arrow. I hate dying to one heavy minigun bullet from a mile away.

Since it came up during our Upward run tonight, I just wanted to post and assert that yes, I am a real GAF-er, and I have no idea who Tim is.

Since Tim changes his name all the time, we have to call him that. It's sort of like Fight Club in that his name changes makes it seem like he is dead, and he gets his real name then.

Blizzard

Banned
Yup.

Just like Toxic is still Toxic and Bacon is still bacon. Once you have it name it's yours forever.
I guess Toxic is now Yammy, but what's Bacon? I haven't seen him in forever. (and I'm still confused whether Soka is the real Tim or if there are two of them)

I guess Toxic is now Yammy, but what's Bacon? I haven't seen him in forever. (and I'm still confused whether Soka is the real Tim or if there are two of them)

That other guy is the Tim they refer to. Someone recently dubbed me Tim2 which I am ok with but no one uses it. :( :( :(

By the way, just a few notes on the custom maps we played last night.

Yeef, cp_jankyard has some unsewn displacements off to the side of the capture point; if you're heading from RED spawn, it's on the right of the point. I don't recall seeing it on the other side of the point, at least.

Woobie, I had a suggestion for the bases; instead of having two tunnels immediately off of forward spawn that go L| <- like that, maybe try having them go \| <- like that? It's just that having to go the long way around the triangle formed by both ends of the L-tunnel and its corner feels kinda... out-of-the-way, for lack of a better phrase, and I always seem to find myself attracted to just going forward.

Also, one of the stairs on the far left of the BLU base seems to be mistextured; every other step uses that non-skid metal texture (y'know, the one with the alternating diagonal bumps), but that one uses colored wood instead.

Blizzard

Banned
That other guy is the Tim they refer to. Someone recently dubbed me Tim2 which I am ok with but no one uses it. :( :( :(
I feel like such an old fogey. I don't know who half the people are when highlander rolls around.

Speaking of which, Yeef, when are you rolling the teams up? I need to prepare my rage for when I get skipped again.

Top Bottom