• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

one_kill

Uh guys, I think I may have gotten a defective unit? Literally finds no wifi networks, this happened at work which is saturated with them and now at home where im a room away from the wifi adapter that reaches out to the streets.

Any ideas?
I had a problem with a 2.4ghz so I tried 5.0 which worked. I was able to connect to 2.4 initially.

Timeaisis

Anybody in austin at the Best Buy in north austin near arboretum? I'm gonna be heading there round 11 to wait to grab my preorder.

Oh, didn't realize the North Austin store was doing midnight launch. I'll be at the Round Rock location. Anyway, have fun fellow Austinite.

Been playing BotW for nearly 3 hours now. This is hands-down the comfiest system I've ever owned - the hardware and ergonomics are incredible - but I can totally understand, and echo, many of the recurring complaints with the UI.

There's some glaringly strange omissions and decisions within the UI, like 720p UI when docked + terrible solutions to social stuff.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
This thing doesn't support Bluetooth headphones?

Just a heads-up for those purchasing Skylanders Imaginators, there is a an update available to download upon initially loading the game. I'm not sure what the content of the update is, but I suspect it's for the in-game purchases.

nschizo

I have both and nothing is showing up.

Try change channel and channel width (at 5Ghz, in my case all my devices using 2.4 Ghz do not work well).

Algo I am not sure if Switch support it, but some device are able to set your wireless network manual.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

I can't even...

tumblr_lpg3so4bvm1qiy6q1.gif

linkent

Anyone bought 1 from Japan?
does the system have any Language selection?
going to JP at the end of the month.
gonna get one if i saw one.

Garryk

Just beat Twilight Princess HD as a farewell to my Wii U. Getting ready to head over to Best Buy to pick up my pre-orders.

Porcile

Anyone bought 1 from Japan?
does the system have any Language selection?
going to JP at the end of the month.
gonna get one if i saw one.

Yes. You can basically make it function as an American/European/Japanese machine with many languages.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Soooo.... When do Gamestop employees show up to work midnight releases usually? I've got a feeling I got played...

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Are you the only one there?

Yeeeeep.

Switched from best buy to them because they are right up the street from home and told me they were also doing a midnight release. Confirmed it again when I went in last week and paid it off (also let me preorder a pro controller).

Porcile

nice 1st part cleared.
now the hard 2nd part final boss grabbing one seems impossiburu.

Yeah, good luck with that. I mean, I'm sure there will be stock around, but if Famicom Mini is anything to go by, you'll have a hard time in the big places. Or the Switch totally bombs and you get one easily - haha. Either, way its a really flexible machine in terms of regions and languages. It's really cool.

JustenP88

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/NintendoSwitch-Zelda/

You can check here if your gamestop is doing a midnight launch.

Not on the list. I definitely got played. God damn I'm pissed.

The good news that you are first in line, congrats you are likely getting a switch.

The bad news is that you will have to wait roughly another 12 hours till Gamestop opens tomorrow

Happy camping!

Not camping all night to ask for my money back...

I'm literally scheduling my breakfast with my family, as we all have separate errands to run after IHOP in the morning. We're making sure somebody is here for when that Amazon shipment comes in lol

VanWinkle

Don't know if this has been already posted. But Nintendo has revealed how digital game downloads work. You can only link your Nintendo Account to ONE Nintendo Switch at a time, however, you can freely unlink them. Once you do that, any digital game you purchased on that console will become unplayable.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22317/p/897

So, do you have to have a working Switch to make a new one the primary? Meaning, if I broke a Switch and bought a new one, could I not just deactivate the broken one from a website or something?

OmahaG8

Searched - can't find it - nor does it say on the back of the box.

Switch Pro Controller

1) This thing feels amazing, but I can't use it yet since Switch arrives tomorrow. But seriously. This thing in my hands is giving my Elite a run for its money.

2) I had it charging and the orange LED was lit and is no longer lit. Does anyone know if that signifies a full charge or was it supposed to go blue/green?

2) I had it charging and the orange LED was lit and is no longer lit. Does anyone know if that signifies a full charge or was it supposed to go blue/green?

Just going by the Wii U Pro Controller but once the orange LED is no longer showing that mean it's done charging. It should turn blue once you have it synced to the system and on.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
Throwing a big "console gaming party" with my friends tomorrow. Focus will be on switch, but I'll have my other tvs decked out with past consoles galore. It's going to be a blast.

Cheers all! We've made it. :)

I need help! I cannot play games in handheld mode. The Switch is not detecting the joy-cons in handheld mode, when I load up games. I can, however, navigate the home screen menus and settings in handheld mode. If I detach the joy-cons, the games detect them immediately and load the games correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom