• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart444

Honestly have only seen this once. He wasn't rude about it, guy claimed he had to go pick up friend. When asked why he couldn't take penalty he said he'd be able to make it back within 30 minutes. Group collectively called bullshit and he stayed, not saying anything else rest of run.

Lol, if that was true, he would/could just turn off the game forcefully and go do it turning it back on when he gets back. So yeah bullshit there haha.

Anyway goodbye OT3, I knew thee well.

Metaroo

Just checking in with FFGaf. Finally got my Monk to level 50. Gonna work on getting the story done, and farming seals for max rank in the Grand Company! Cant do much else because of classes starting back up, but I do look forward to getting that PS4 version.

Teknoman

Well, I know me and mre/Brother Fozzy are getting close to it. Have to gain xp to enter "Fool Me Twice", which is what, 10 or so main missions from then?

I should be ready to punch people in the face by then :p

PACK IT UP

tumblr_mdd00yCh751rbzwczo1_500.gif

i haven't had any bad experience with duty roulette since they patched it in. only normal people in there, which is a surprise. sure, sometimes people just left without saying a word, but there could be lots of reasons why they did that.

about coil. my group couldn't fill up with fc people last week for the first time in aeons. we had to take a random. nobody cares. 80% of my fc are playing dark souls II atm, myself included.

BadRNG

Echo buff will most likely make selling useless.

Though with this game average player-skill you never know...
I could see carries selling really well for the first couple of weeks. Tons of people won't know the mechanics, and echo buff won't save you there. Buff is supposed to be weaker at first too.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Is it applicable though? Dying to Titan HM doesn't give your group a better chance to beat him in the next fight, or the fight after that, etc....

Well T5 is an endurance fight and people will still need to learn the mechanics in order to beat it - echo buff or otherwise.

tenchir

I'm pretty sure the twisters on Twintania will still one-shot you, even with the Echo buff.

But it could still help them out if they had a dps problem with snakes and enrage assuming they learn the mechanics of the fight. It's possible that the buff is enough to offset the amount of dps lost if one of the dd is down most of the fight.

I am not saying that it will be much easier to PUG, just that it will help out groups that were already on the edge of defeating it.

Pachimari

I haven't played this game for some months but I want to return now that I have a capable PC.

I know my Square Enix ID and password but apparently I can't log into the game OR the FF XIV website. =/

chrono01

But it could still help them out if they had a dps problem with snakes and enrage assuming they learn the mechanics of the fight. It's possible that the buff is enough to offset the amount of dps lost if one of the dd is down most of the fight.

I am not saying that it will be much easier to PUG, just that it will help out groups that were already on the edge of defeating it.
Oh, absolutely. It will definitely make the fight more..."forgiving", but considering that rate at which twisters spawn [and if you're unfortunate enough to have one of your healers get hit by it], it could still be difficult for those not experienced in the fight, even with Echo.

It will make the progress to that point easier however, although I've personally found that an overwhelming amount of DPS can actually make things more difficult depending [such as if you have transitions at strange times when you don't expect them]. Regardless, I welcome the Echo buff [now that we've cleared Turns 1-5 without it]. It will definitely make farming them a lot faster, which is good, considering the game is hell-bent on not handing out specific loot items. :mad:

I give up. People troll CT on Mondays now too. I guess I'm never going in CT ever again. It wasn't fun and it sucked but you got a piece of vanity gear every week and some Philo and Myth. That's over now, fuck that place.

BadRNG

I give up. People troll CT on Mondays now too. I guess I'm never going in CT ever again. It wasn't fun and it sucked but you got a piece of vanity gear every week and some Philo and Myth. That's over now, fuck that place.
I did one earlier, someone was spamming the teleporter at start to make the "Not active yet" message spam. But after that it was a clean run. Guess I got lucky, seems like people complain about more and more CT trolls every week. Wonder how long the DF queues will be after 2.2 and no one actually needs the gear anymore.

(PS: What dropped from twin? Are you starting a four man BRD band?)

BadRNG

So nothing about the new dungeons or Coil turns? That's disappointing. Retainer and ilevels only really interesting thing. We know most of what we need to know about the other stuff.

* Miscellaneous Announcements

Maybe it'll be interesting? I won't get my hopes up.
Million Arthur collaboration! Y'shtola, Minfilla, Hildibrand and Nero in swimsuits.

Honestly surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Teknoman

I don't understand why you'd waste time and gil ruining 16 other people's run.

Anyway here's hoping that the true first floor of the crystal tower is a little better thought out.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So nothing about the new dungeons or Coil turns? That's disappointing. Retainer and ilevels only really interesting thing. We know most of what we need to know about the other stuff.

Million Arthur collaboration! Y'shtola, Minfilla, Hildibrand and Nero in swimsuits.

Honestly surprised it hasn't happened yet.

If it's anything like 2.1 we should get patch notes right after the Live Letter finishes.

Sophia

I would say a lot of people who play this game play it as their first MMO.

Yeah, I've experienced that first hand. Lots of people in my guild playing MMOs for the first time. It doesn't help that as far as reaction times go this game is very demanding compared to others in its genre.

Titan HM is the first fight in the game that truly asks something of the player individually, and most players are not able to answer that. Some never will be.

The last Crystal Tower I was in had a whopping 45 seconds before we wiped on KB the first time. We also wiped on almost every fight at least once getting there. And people still believed it was possible to finish.

I had to ask them to boot me because my patience for stupidity was at its limits. It was so far stupid it wasn't even fun to troll anymore. :(

Zomba13

If you do a server transfer do you keep your tomes? And if you go from Legacy to Non-Legacy (you can do that now right?) do you keep your Legacy mark and goobbue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom