• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

Are they seriously releasing the ARR soundtrack only through the SE online store and only on a Blu-Ray that requires a PC or a PS3 to extract regular MP3 files from? WTF??!!

BLCKATK

Can't handle the Elezen hate in this thread.

You wish you looked this good.

rxflntg.png

Are they seriously releasing the ARR soundtrack only through the SE online store and only on a Blu-Ray that requires a PC or a PS3 to extract regular MP3 files from? WTF??!!

Get used to it, as it seems to be Squenix's plan going forward. Before Meteor was released this way, and the FFX HD Remaster soundtrack is also on Blu-ray disc Music.

There are several benefits to releasing on BD Music format.
(1) 24-bit/96khz lossless audio, superior quality to 16-bit/44.1khz CD audio
(2) 1 disc fits 6 hours of music instead of 6 CDs
(3) the entire album included on the disc as 320kbps MP3s
(4) I dunno, Deal With It

The reason it's only on SE online store is because it's a JP import soundtrack. This is again the same as Before Meteor. I own Before Meteor and I have the ARR soundtrack preordered.

Apoptomon

Seems that way. I can understand putting it on Bluray because there's supposed to be lots of tracks and it might well be more convenient to ship that than several cds. (Question about that actually, 'cause the Before Meteor was the same, right? Does it play like a cd would (open a playlist in media program) or more like a dvd would (special web-page-esque menus)?).
I wouldn't mind getting it myself because the music is nice, but my 'local' SE store only does games, not merch :(

Speaking of races, personally I find the roegadyn too hulking and the elezen too stretched. Lalafell are cute though. As for miqote, the catgirl 'fad' isn't something I've ever really understood. Teach me!?

bunbun777

Hello, I went to the website for the guild in Ultros and applied, now just have to find a GAF member online and apply that way. Shouldn't be too hard since I see members around every day.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
You all will just fantasia to bunnyboy/girl when they make the race available anyways.

#2 reason why I haven't fantasia'd to an Elezen yet. Need to wait and see if I'll ever get another fantasia.

Hello, I went to the website for the guild in Ultros and applied, now just have to find a GAF member online and apply that way. Shouldn't be too hard since I see members around every day.

Send a tell to Maple Cookie, Strawberry Shortcake, Safflower Amariyo, Baramoht, Drama Zeni, Tiv Einsfell...or the other official people on the Gaf Guildworks site so they can approve you.

Teknoman

Yeeeeah new thread!

Also that comic is EXACTLY what happened to us the other night x_x

EDIT: I havent done any treasure maps ; ;

Also its 100% certain that you can rip mp3s from the blu-ray via PS3?

I'm still miffed CT isn't really CT. I want to climb that tower already.

Soon enough. I'm hoping the actual first few floors of the tower will be better thought out / not just a series of battles with no puzzles or something.

chrono01

Also its 100% certain that you can rip mp3s from the blu-ray via PS3?
Yes, if it's anything like the Before Meteor OST.

There will be an option in the menu that gives you a URL via the PS3. You enter the URL on your PC and download the MP3 versions of the songs to your PC.

you can order the soundtrack from cdjapan, yesasia, play-asia and other retailers. don't have to go with their online shop. i played the last release on the PS4 and it played without issues. cd option would have been very nice, i'm a little sad too.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
EDIT: I havent done any treasure maps ; ;

Your not missing much =/

Best one to get at the moment are the boar (solo #YOLO) and peiste (if you can round up 4-5 people, but 7 extra to get the full amount of awards)

I'm gonna finish off all 5 achievements for maps, then gather up 18 peiste, then get people together for free gil and items, and just do that every 2.5 weeks lol

expel

Yoshida interviews by GameWatch at GDC
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/20140319_640445.html
interesting tidbits
about upcoming contents after 2.22
-he's saying there will be "Zodiac Weapons System' which is basically Relic Weapons upgrade, but it will be a long hard quests could span from patch 2.2, 2.25 to 2.3....hardcoorrreee rejoice?
-Philosophy tombstones will be erased, but u can trade your remaining philosophy tombstones to Mythology later
-Darklight Gears will become dungeon drops
-He wouldnt say what is the item level you can buy with "Senki"(i don't know the official name for the new tombstones lol)
-He's saying he's already began working on v3.0 (expansion), he already done the new town mockups, numbers of fields, fields' themes, arts. Saying he already planned it all along for the next 2 years when he started taking over the project.

well maybe some one with better Japanese knowledge can find another points :p

Ken

-he's saying there will be "Zodiac Weapons System' which is basically Relic Weapons upgrade, but it will be a long hard quests could span from patch 2.2, 2.25 to 2.3....hardcoorrreee rejoice?

"please don't unsub"

Pachimari

So I know both my Square Enix ID and password and can log into the Square Enix website. But I can't seem to log into either Lodestone or the game itself. =/

Moaradin

There's a guy called Platinum Angel who's only objective in life is to troll CT groups. All he does is try to get the group to wipe and he just comes back every time we vote kick him. Why do these people exist?

edit: well, he succeeded. We just could not replenish our ranks without him joining up again. Eventually the group just vote abandoned. Why do they let people who get vote kicked join the same group right away? I can't even get a easy run like CT done in a PUG.

Makes me wonder how long and difficult these Zodiac quests will be. Drag it out too long and you could lose players again but it can't be short either. I hope it entails you going through some dungeons, some really tough ones that will train up players.

dramatis

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Makes me wonder how long and difficult these Zodiac quests will be. Drag it out too long and you could lose players again but it can't be short either. I hope it entails you going through some dungeons, some really tough ones that will train up players.

I translated the page, he says you will need rare drops that with all these patches which will extend to give you the best weapon possible
Starting with 2.2 and going forward, you will slowly build it up over time, so 2.25 and 2.3 will extend the process
In between other weapons will be stronger, but it looks like by the time 3.0 (Expansion) drops, your best weapon for your class will be your Zodiak Wep

Also get as many Phil items or gear possible before 2.2 goes live (have 8 days), most of the DL stuff is getting put into Dungeons
So looks like dungeons won't have any new gear that takes up to ilvl95+, DL will be the free give away stuff
So Ruins, TAMHM, & BRAYHM will house DL gear, so no wonder they have the ilvl55 stipulation

So philosophy abolished, Mythology the new 2000/2000 Tome currency, and the new one (I was guessung Theology, but that went out the window, cause senki means military history, trying to figure out which one will that be) will either be 300 or 450 weekly capped currency

I wonder where all the crafted materials from philosophy and the 900 phil oil go?

*Good thing I farmed out all DL pieces for all my classes, only need Healer feet to finish it off, should go stockpile some oils, before they get moved to myth or somewhere else*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom