• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caayn

ONI_Seal_1.png
True. And yet they're still two different organizations with both a different point of view. For example ONI wants the destruction of the elites and the UNSC is against it and wants peace with the elites.

Feindflug

How much longer will we have to wait for in-game footage or at least a trailer?

Hopefully we'll see something at E3.

Also to the guy who is bringing up Ryse & CoD: Ghosts to predict what Halo 5 will look like, you are comparing launch games using multiplatform engines to a 2015 title that is being made with a new engine designed around the Xbone hardware by a team that is quite talented.

I'd say that there is a good chance that Halo 5 will be more impressive than those games you mentioned.

Autumn 2015 will be when I get an Xbox One, don't care how disappointing people found Halo 4 I loved and and am eagerly awaiting the next main line installment

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'm amazed at all the people picking the top spartan to be cortana... did you guys play halo4?

Raide

Sign me up for Halo Battlefield. Make sure they add some Halo 2 style option for the fans so they don't get all grumpy.

Marvel

could never
i'm amazed at all the people picking the top spartan to be cortana... did you guys play halo4?

She can cloned.

She even says to MC "There'll pair you with another, but she won't be me"

Naomi (who is female) is the other Spartan who can be paired with an A.I.

link1201

"A game that will incorporate the things we learned from “Halo 4” about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale – and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the “Halo” universe."

-I want to believe.

Havok

I'm having a really hard time mustering any amount of enthusiasm for this. Not just because of my skepticism (or ever-increasing apathy, to be more accurate) towards how 343 has handled the expanded universe and story direction for the series, but also of course because they still have not shown me that they understand, even at the most basic, surface level, what made Halo multiplayer so great to players like myself. Not with their halfhearted and totally misguided Reach sustain efforts, not with how they oversaw and approved the myriad issues of CE Anniversary, not with the abysmal state of Halo 4 at release, and not with their "Just wait for the Legendary gametypes guys - the Turbo update will be awesome we promise!" sustain approach to tackling the problems with Halo 4, which they only ever really did in the loosest definition of the term.

But hey, maybe the extra dev time will help them out on this and Halo 2 Anniversary will be handled correctly, who knows. It'll be a good E3 this year.

If that character does end up being Palmer, that's actually sort of hilarious given the reception she has had by the community. To put it mildly, her writing was easily the weakest character work in the entire series, and keep in mind we're talking about a series that straight up lifted the sergeant from Aliens whole-hog and appropriated that walking caricature for itself and didn't once wink knowingly about it.
But something has to give I guess, FPS games have moved on since Halo3, and Halo never really did.
Sure it did. And then people stopped playing it, resulting in a multiplayer population wasteland.

Detective

"A game that will incorporate the things we learned from “Halo 4” about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale – and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the “Halo” universe."

-I want to believe.

Am with you

Please, 343i
No corridor campaign. More like Halo CE
And Halo3-2 MP

And 2x The halo4 visual

Metfanant

True. And yet they're still two different organizations with both a different point of view. For example ONI wants the destruction of the elites and the UNSC is against it and wants peace with the elites.
Nah..i can see how you might want to look at at it as UNSC/ONI and say Army/CIA...

But the CIA's logo doesn't incorporate the Army logo or name into it...

ONI's logo clearly shows its the intelligence BRANCH of the UNSC...which is the military organization of the United Earth Gov't

What was your point?

Simply that The Order cannot be classified as 800p wwithout being VERY misleading...

Marvel

could never
She wasn't really an interesting character. She's the one that dropped the "Herp derp I thought you'd be taller" or something to that effect

Palmer is also the commander you have during Spartan Ops MP, it's amazing how many people don't know anything about her or even remember her meeting MC in 4's campaign.

K.Sabot

That's pretty hype.

Hopefully we get a main character switch to a female spartan.

I'd prefer a new character rather than someone from extended fiction, sorry Kelly.

Though Linda would be pretty hype.

x-Lundz-x

I thought he said H2 was a remake, and when referring to 3 and 4 he specifically said "ports?"

You are right, I was just saying that if I could play all of them on the XB1 I would be excited. I forgot he said only Halo 2 was being remade. Halo 3, 4 will probably just be HD (1080P?) ports.

Still has me excited if true. Halo is the one franchise that MS has on lockdown that makes me weak in the knees. So I'll bite if it ends up being true,

Actually he said the only real remake is Halo 2 - the rest are straight ports probably with resolution and framerate increase.
Yeah I forgot, noted :)

So this is the second game announcement in 24 hours (Far Cry 4) that gave us a PR piece and box art. Thanks!

Just save it for a proper reveal.

I think the second spartan is Naomi-010 with some bumped up armor.

I really don't think the suit is for Cortana. I know the plot for Halo is crazy, but it isn't that crazy.

Why announce this now? Fall 2015 is a hell of a long way away, but beyond that, it's literally weeks from E3. Why not get this rolling there? I guess if there's another Halo game you can avoid taking the spotlight off it? I don't know. Between this and the Far Cry 4 reveal, marketing has me confused right now.

Anyway, glad to see they're giving this a lot of time to cook. It'll definitely be a important moment for the series, so I hope they do it right.

Palmer is also the commander you have during Spartan Ops MP, it's amazing how many people don't know anything about her or even remember her meeting MC in 4's campaign.

I think the major issue is most people don't remember H4's campaign, period.

Metfanant

Am with you

Please, 343i
No corridor campaign. More like Halo CE
And Halo3-2 MP

And 2x The halo4 visual

Interesting though that said "corridor campaign" is what made people fall in love with the series in the first place...

As a self professed Halo lover...the campaigns have been on a steady decline since Halo CE...

I also thought CE's multiplayer was the best of the series as well...

I wonder if 343i are bringing the story structure of halo 2 back, with two playable characters. I'm thinking the spartan on top is Palmer with her new armor, tasked to hunt down the rough chief. Of course the bad ass on the bottom is chief himself. It would be a very interesting story mechanic to play as Palmer, hunting down chief in the campaign, and having to play as a rough chief, looking for that forunner structure on that dusty ass planet. Just speculation based on hype!

Flipyap

You ask that as if you're unaware of the way endlessly serialized entertainment works. Nothing stops popular characters if they still have potential to be repackaged for all eternity. I can think of a few flesh-and-blood dudes who lost their entire bodies a bunch of times, and that didn't really slow them down.

TheOddOne

FYI The campaign lead designer for Halo 4 left 343 and went to Infinity Ward and the lead level designer went to Naughty Dog.

Man woulda made for a great e3 reveal/announcement hope the game lives up to your expectations, I like watching this game be played for some reason rather than playing it.

n!smo

Neo Member
I think, announcing (or reminding) people that Halo is coming to xbone should be seen in context of the price cut.

Let´s see how this turns out for xbone - 1,5 year seems like a long time, when you know how much happened in just the past 6 months.

BTW: The cover reminds me of resistance 2

Demon Ice

Banned
Interestingly, more people would have gone "YESSS", " Awesome!", "SO GOOD", etc had this been Halo 2 Anniversary instead~

Because Halo 2 is a known quantity. I'm keeping an eye on this with cautious optimism, if I see that 343i has fixed the issues with Halo 4 I can see myself picking up the Kinect-less XB1 for this.

JimiNutz

Banned
900p@60fps would be awesome, but then the graphics wouldn't be that impressive. More like a 900p/60fps Halo 4 with better textures and better lighting?

If it's got larger scale battles, great AI and big open areas for vehicles then Halo 4 graphics at 60fps with slightly better textures and lighting would be fine.

I think it's more of not everyone stuck around for all 10 epsiodes of spartan ops, where she had a bigger role.

Link to Spartan OPs cut-scenes if you didn't or don't plan to play spartan ops

I dunno. As I've mentioned earlier in the the thread I consider myself a strong fan of the series, but I completely forgot about the ending and
Cortana's "death"
until I looked it up on the back of this announcement. The whole game was lackluster and as a result, I had no desire to linger around for Spartan Ops, etiher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom