• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Please let the top person represent a player insert character that this series could trive on, considering its just a bunch of faceless space marines. please let me make my own dude like reach, just give em dialogue options.

PLESE,

Onikaan

Hmm.

Who is that Spartan.

The blue light reflecting off the visor certainly makes you want to suggest it's Cortana. Oni symbol? How would Cortana and Oni relate to each other. Especially after the events of 4.

Or it's Palmer. (Please God no)

LAA

Seeing its out in 2015 now, (Guess theres gonna be a beta or something later this year....), Halo 5 better have all the bells and whistles. Awesome Forge, awesome custom games, have ALL playlists active at the same time, have special ones on occassions sure, but don't get rid of the main ones every week, just feels cheap and annoying.

As for that other spartan on the cover... Seems a bit ballsy Master Chief isn't on top and the right way round, so guess they want this other spartan to be important, maybe more so than Master Chief. The above spartan seems more of a female shape than master chief, so perhaps Palmer as others have said or Cortana, which would be more interesting for me, the blue in the visor makes me think cortana anyway.

Salz01

I think I would care more if they showed a clip or screenshot in game. It's just a retread of something they said was coming at the last e3. Which was a year ago. It's all talk and nothing to show besides a confusing cover. All talking and no showing anything is a turn off.

Well this came out of nowhere...
Cover art looks fantastic.

I wonder if the glowing blue visor is related to how the Prometheans would glow blue if they were on the Librarian's side.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Nope...doesn't work that way with movies..doesn't work that way with games...

No need to derail the thread any more...

Are the extra pixels used on the wide screen in the order? like a movie? It's something that has always interested me, becuase I dont get it. I know it was used for performance gains in Beyond.

RoKKeR

God damn, that is some awesome key art. Hype! Love that they're taking their time with this one, and they're getting the hype train started early.

All aboard.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Holy shit.

Would have rathered them do a real time announcement trailer at E3. Especially because we have no idea what that suit is or means without context. Is it a new suit Mc obtains? A new playable character? An enemy?

Anyway. Excited. Halo is really the only big reason I bought an Xbox One day one.

Caayn

I hope they've gotten rid of the DMR, and if they need single shot weapon, make Light Rifle that.
No love for the Carbine/Needle Rifle :(
Humans only became as technically gifted as they have thus far because the Librarian shaped them that way though? It isn't completely out there that Halsey can't improve on other stuff?
It isn't too far reached. However it's way too soon. Humanity first discovered that there was another race, which they only learned were Forerunners during the original trilogy, just before the events of Reach. That would mean that Humanity successfully understood, reverse engineered and mastered Forerunner tech in less than a decade. Keep in mind that Forerunners are millions of years old.

Metfanant

Are the extra pixels used on the wide screen in the order? like a movie? It's something that has always interested me, becuase I dont get it. I know it was used for performance gains in Beyond.

Devs have said it's an artistic vision (like movies)...it also by default gives you a performance gain...

Saying its 800p is very misleading, because it's more rendered pixels than Ryse at 900p

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Awesome. So excited, even though Halo 4 was a let down I hope 343 uses it as a learning experience. Cannot wait for the Halo 2A announcement now!

iMax

Fidelity =/= resolution...Halo 4 looked better than 360 launch titles, there is no question...but they didn't increase resolution at the same time...

For instance...CoD Ghosts...not exactly the prom queen...but do you really expect them to more than DOUBLE the resolution, and improve the "fidelity" by a exceptional margin, all while maintaining a solid 60fps?

Fidelity > Resolution.

Check COD resolutions over time on Xbox 360. They're improved in nearly every iteration. Think Halo resolutions have too.

You're still getting a 1920x1080 frame buffer from The Order...with 140 black pixels on top and bottom...

1920x800 =/= 800p anyway...

Except driving black pixels requires zero power. Doubt they could drive full 1920x1080 at their current settings.

Flaare

Neo Member
Humans only became as technically gifted as they have thus far because the Librarian shaped them that way though? It isn't completely out there that Halsey can't improve on other stuff?

Weren't humans technically gifted before the got psuhed back to the stone age by the forerunners? So the imprints only made the process faster right? It should not give use an instant knowledge about forerunner tech or am I wrong.

Ape

Banned
2015 like ntkrnl said, maybe he wasn't full of shit.

I've been sold on him ever since this
AVDmdJz.png

Metfanant

2015? Are they really only releasing Sunset Overdrive as an exclusive this year?
Forza...

Fidelity > Resolution.

Check COD resolutions over time on Xbox 360. They're improved in nearly every iteration. Think Halo resolutions have too.

Except driving black pixels requires zero power. Doubt they could drive full 1920x1080 at their current settings.

-never said Res was more important...

- "improved" sure...but over doubled? Not even close...

- youre absolutely right...but that doesn't change my point

jelly

A galaxy map of factions or squads, locations, humans versus whoever, on going battles, taking ground, conceding ground. Rush from Battlefield but bigger and on going across planets, installations or whatever.

Maybe something like weather simulation or physics of some sort would be quite cool, something to make the battles feel a bit more alive.

Rrang129

As much as I'd love to get excited (previous Halo nut,) I can't help but feel very cautious about anything 343 says. I was so bummed out with pretty much everything in Halo 4; it killed any interest I had in the series going further.

Not writing it off completely, but I'm very wary of any waxy philosophical phrases they churn out to get people excited about Halo 5. (Bungie has been especially guilty of this lately...) Hopefully, they just make a fun game.

Demon Ice

Banned
If that lady with the blue visor is somehow Cortana reincarnated into a cyborg / armor suit I will LOL so hard.

My initial thought it/she was a Promethean baddie version of MC a la Metroid Prime 3 / Fusion, but then I saw it/she was holding a BR.

Metfanant

Maybe something like weather simulation or physics of some sort would be quite cool, something to make the battles feel a bit more alive.

I like the first bit you wrote...but the above I'm just not buying till I see it..

Does the weather go away if I'm not connected to the internet or not an XBL Gold member?

EagleEyes

Exciting times I say. If they can hit a smooth 60fps I couldn't care less what the resolution is. Halo scale at 60fps and 4 player co-op with ground vehicles and flying vehicles and all the chaos that ensues would be amazing. :)

m23

There has never been a better time to use that memento meme with stinkles face on there. Don't trust his lies.

ekim

If we get full on remakes of Halo 2-3-4 for XB1 this fall like he said then that would be enough to get me to bite on the console finally.

Actually he said the only real remake is Halo 2 - the rest are straight ports probably with resolution and framerate increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom